Qualcomm Design Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 2,807.0 interviews

Employee Referral19%
Recruiter5%
HardAverageEasy

Qualcomm

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2021

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Recruiter contacted me to schedule and interview and than I had two round of interviews all of them were based on knowledge of system verilog, UVM, Digital circuits design, and problem solving skills

Interview Questions
  • System Verilog and UVM based questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

The screening interviewer for this media processor group was a shady, Indian, H1B guy from Texas. He's not the hiring manager but kept asking illegally about my compensation expectation and whether I would be willing to relocate to a different location than the primary job location in Santa Clara, CA. I answered all the technical questions properly but never heard from Qualcomm again. It baffled me about being ghosted without any updates but then I realize that this guy's intent was to block better candidates from joining his group in order to protect his position and job security at Qualcomm. This behavior of working against his employer's interests was unfortunate and unethical but happened since one's case can be easily lost in the pool of candidates without management or HR being able to check or audit it.

Interview Questions
  • SystemVerilog (polymorphism, constraint, assertion), UVM, test plan
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bangalore) in Mar 2020

Interview

Three to Four rounds of Technical Interview along with an HR Round (Nowadays there can be telephonic screening ) The technical round can contain the core subjects along with some aptitude questions. And some question may arise on your project (it totally depends on the interviewer , some ask some dont )

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Feb 2020

Interview

The team member directly reached out to me to set up a phone screen interview. After that, I was invited over for an onsite interview. Overall experience was pretty smooth and the questions asked were quite challenging

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Haifa) in Feb 2020

Interview

2 sessions of 1 hour. You arrive at the site, and you are invited to follow your interviewer in a room. Then the interview takes place. Between interviews, the interviewer is switched , + you get to rest 5 mins...

Interview Questions
  • Write a function in C that receives a string with brackets i.e: "({})[]" and returns true if the brackets are in correct form (like the example above) or false if the brackets aren't well placed like for example : "((]["

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bangalore) in Dec 2019

Interview

interview process was very good and fast. there were three rounds for me. every round was round 45-50 min. And they asked technical questions as well as some puzzle also.

Interview Questions
  • they asked about UVM architecture and classes concept .

Qualcomm

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in Aug 2019

Interview

Telephonic Interview screening; HR sent a mail followed by an email from the hiring manager, scheduled a call within the next few days. Call lasted for about an hour. Asked abt the preference for the place. ............................................................................................

Interview Questions
  • FSM: Pattern detection 101 in a given sequence --> Change design from Moore to Mealey machine; Lots of questions based on Computer Architecture ( Memory-Cache heirarchy), Test Case scenarios, Signal Tx-Rx rates based question,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Apr 2019

Interview

Applied Online. It took 2 days to get email from recruiter. Then got email from Engineer and set phone interview with him next day and last for 50 mins and 10 mins for questions

Interview Questions
  • System Verilog ,UVM Basics, Questions on Resume. Assertions,Constraints. Memory Verification plan

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

1 round phone screen. 5 rounds onsite interview, 4 are technical. As I am a new grad, questions are not very hard. They ask about my projects and some questions related to SystemVerilog, Verilog, UVM, Computer Architechture, and basic C/C++ programming.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Qualcomm

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in Mar 2019

Interview

For a direct university graduate looking for his first job, Only 2 stages, First was technical and on skype and was about fundamental digital design concepts. Last interview was basic questions about teamwork etc...

Interview Questions
  • Explain how setup time and hold time violations occur and what can be done to reduce there occurence? What is metastability?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews