Penske Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Penske Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Penske Media

2.7

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

The process was actually really great. There was a lot of communication, I was kept in the loop, and things moved at a great pace. When I was told a next step by a certain date, it actually happened. Really enjoyed this experience and found it much more professional than a lot of other interviews I have had.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media in November 2018.

Interview

Unfortunately, the position was put on HOLD. The interview process took a few months, but Andy Limpus made sure to be informative and transparent each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position?
      What interest you in the BlogHer position?   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I found the CSM job at SHE Media through a mutual friend and was set up to interview from there. It was a very positive experience, and everyone I met with throughout the process was great. I could tell that they were really committed to finding someone who not only could do the work, but who would be a good fit for the team. I came in twice for in-person interviews with 5 team members altogether. I also spoke with a recruiter on PMC's end, who was incredibly friendly & seemed genuinely invested in my next career move. Although I didn't accept this offer, I do think it'd be a pleasure to work with this team.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest failures in your last position?   Answer Question

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Interview

Everyone I met during the interview process were friendly and professional, including the hiring managers and receptionist. You can either park your car or valet it. Security will swipe you to the PMC reception so arrive early for this process. In general, the work environment is pretty casual.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Penske Media Corporation's website. Someone reached out to me via email to schedule a phone interview because I was not in state. About a month after the phone interview I was offered the position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Months in between application, HR phone call and in-person interviews.
    Company seems disastrous. No top-down strategy, strained internal relationships and adding vendors to solve problems they should be able to solve. People also seemed very judgmental. Went in for 2nd interview to meet with various members of the team and then never heard back and I'm glad.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

From beginning to end it was an incredibly positive experience with the recruiter Andy Limpus. I met with the VP Managing Director of Variety, the COO of PMC brands and the managing editor of Variety Latino, all lovely people. The interview process consisted of a phone screening, a one on one interview and two phone calls. Everyone was extremely professional and went out of their way to keep me informed. Although I did not accept the position at the moment, I could definitely see myself working there in the future alongside these great individuals!

Interview Questions

• What are some trends that you notice in the sales industry?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Google Hangouts interview with tech staff, followed up with some email discussion and a written quiz. Had to code up a WordPress plugin with some basic requirements, "bonus points" for unit tests, coding standards, etc. Easy enough if you know what you're doing.

There was some lag time between the interview and response.

Interview Questions

• Simple coding test - write a WordPress plugin with some basic requirements   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske Media in May 2015.

Interview

I met with engineering management via a Google Hangout. A lot of the interview was talking and getting to know each other. Both them learning about me and my experience, and me learning about PMC and their experience working there.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the interview questions revolved around some pain points in the company and how I would approach problems or improve some current code.   1 Answer

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall it went very well! I interviewed with the creative director as well as the art director. Only criticism I have is that it took a lot of persistence on my end to actually schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.