Paymentus Java Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 23 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paymentus

Paymentus

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paymentus (Toronto, ON)

Interview

I got a phone interview first which the HR person. he asked me briefly my previous work experiences, and then invited me to an onsite interview. The technical person who interviewed me onsite was extremely rude and unprofessional. He asked me a bunch of technical questions and regardless what I say, he kept interrupting me with an yelling voice like "This is wrong! OK you don't understand this... You don't have basic knowledge......". Surprisingly they still gave me an offer a few days later, with a rate that was way below average, and it only made me feel humiliated. If you have other choice, I would highly suggest to not consider this company because you will have a hash life dealing with mean people while earning little money.

Interview Questions
  • Database design; Java questions
    Answer Question
11 people found this interview helpful

Paymentus

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paymentus (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2016

Interview

We started off with a review of my resume, as well as a discussion of the company and what it does. One SQL question, and one algorithm question. We talked a bit of the previous projects I've worked for, and what technologies are being used in the company. The interviewers were nice and polite, and seem to know what they were doing. The conversation was casual and they seemed to be easy going and good to work with.

Interview Questions
  • Given a table representing bills, and a table representing billers, create a query for getting all the bills of one biller.
  • Given an array of pairs of numbers, simplify the numbers. The pairs represent ranges, and the result is a simplified version of these pairs. So [1,5],[3,7] should result in [1,7].
1 person found this interview helpful