PMC-Sierra Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PMC-Sierra Interview Questions

3.3

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA (US)).

Interview

First I got a call for 15 minutes from the hiring manager . the call lasted for 20 minutes. Manager asked me about my interests and my desires to work at system level.
    Next round was on-site. I was interviewed by 4 team members including Manager, senior manager and team leader. The questions included concepts on OS and C programming.

Interview Questions

• How will threads work in multi-core processors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

I was hired full time from an intern. Intern interview was very easy. Just got interviewed by 1 engineer and a manager. I was asked few QA concepts, and some questions on my coursework. Nothing major. With manager it was more about the work team was doing.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October-2011.

Interview

1) Telephonic interview. (30 minutes approximately)
    2) Face to face interview with manager and 2 team members.(1 hour each)

Negotiation

A rise upto 4% of base salary. No negotiation for benefits

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

No telephonic round.Was directly called onsite.had three rounds 45 mins each.The interviewers were good and helpful.

Interview Questions

• C coding question.Operating system concepts.Data structure questions   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October-2012.

Interview

One phone screen with simple technical question, and then a on-site interview.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March-2011.

Interview

There were initially two phone screen interviews. Onsite interview consist of 5 engineers follow by manager.
    I was surprise that all engineers was asking questions in a way that they want to prove that you know nothing. There was not match between position and questions that they were asking. Typical question was
    how DDR memory identify in the system? How OS knows how much memory you plugged in DDR slot?
    What is the algorithm behind that? I don't know how that group was managed? All the guys were there from previous acquired company. I strongly believe that if you don't have any job then appear for this company's
    interview.

Interview Questions

• How OS identify how much DDR is there?   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Rochester, MN (US)) in June-2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Technical lead, Onsite interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much, accepted offer since out of job

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Allentown, PA (US)) in March-2011.

Interview

People are very nice, and they asked about school projects and VHDL/C++ questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Santa Clarita, CA (US)) in March-2010.

Interview

I was asked to come on site . I was asked questions on data structures, OS and Computer Arch. Question pertty starigt fwd. Asked me to reverse a string. HR was ok. also asked questions on volatile and const. asked some basic c concepts.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewed with another team but the manager from another team had one hour of the interview and ended up giving me an offer. the original interview was pretty technical but the one who hired me was pretty easy. showed me around and explained what the position was bout. overall not too difficult. basic VLSI stuff.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.