OICR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

OICR Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

Open positions are posted over a several month period. Depending on the research group, there will be one interview either on Skype or a interview panel with up to half a dozen lab members from the research group. The outcome of the interview is communicated via email shortly over the interview took place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would advice future employees to get a clear and written statement of responsibilities and accountability.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Video conference interview with the department head. Brief and exploratory interview about previous job positions and current projects and technology the team works with. More of a conversation about what to expect for the job, potential projects. No technical questions asked though. This was for a university internship, so screening is probably more rigorous for full-time staff.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

There was a phone screen, and an in-person interview with 3 people, after which they called to check references if you're selected for the final round of consideration. The only thing is that the entire process took extremely long (not sure if this is the case for other positions). It took them 2 months just to contact me about my application (I had almost forgotten about it) and the rest of the process dragged on too.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard (conflict resolution, organizational skills, teamwork, etc). Nothing too unexpected. They do seem to care whether you'll be committed to the position in the long run.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR (Waterloo, ON) in February-2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me questions about my current interests, what projects I have done previously, and what I expected out of the internship. He told me about some of the previous work that had been done in past internships in the lab and what the lab generally does.
    The most stressful part was when he asked about certain definitions and the differences between them and whether one could be included as a subcategory of another.

Interview Questions

• Once machine learning models have become better than doctors at general and specific diagnosis of a patient's disease, what are the factors in place which will prevent the replacement of almost all doctors with this system?   1 Answer

IT Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in November-2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. Initially a panel interview with 3 people ( 1 manager and two peers) . The first interview was only technical questions. The 2nd interview was with the manager and Director of the department. This was more behavioral

Interview Questions

• What folder in linux should be backed up before doing a re install?   Answer Question

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OICR in January-2014.

Interview

it is a long interview process consisting of several rounds of interviewing. The interviewees are very aggressive. The entire building is very fancy, however the work environment looks too crowded. Overall, the process is very uncomfortable. Do not want to do it again.

Bioinformatics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR (Waterloo, ON) in July-2016.

Interview

One hour interview with lots of conversation. The recruiter was going back and forth about various topics in ML, and trying to gauge my understanding of the concepts. I never answered correctly the first time, and it required a conversation to guide me in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would teach a computer to navigate a plaza.   1 Answer

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in August-2015.

Interview

It was disgusting! When I came in to the interview they were not prepared and were still setting up the test machine. They did not care about my background, they only asked code questions. Started of with JavaScript question, first 3 were fine, but the last forth one was a big problem. Continuing into CSS and HTML, the interview switched hands to a different person, I could hardly understand what he has saying. Lastly a code test, basically build a form that takes in an input and a button, after a button press is must do a search and display the entire page underneath. For example, like a form would create a Google search link and the entire search result page would be shown, it must not redirect to a new page. At the end they did not let me finish the test.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient way to reverse a Javascript array?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in June-2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for this particular opportunity. The whole process took about 2 weeks. First interview was Technical, it was with 3 of the team leads and a manager. Most of the questions were related to JavaScript and AngularJS. Some of them were very detailed and white board questions. Once you clear technical round, you meet with the senior manager. That interview is mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Print a list of employees and their respective salaries. Bold the salary if its more then $50,000.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

This was through a university, where applications were made to the university's online portal. Resumes were submitted through this with an interview via Skype at the university call centre.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.