OICR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

OICR Interview Questions

Interviews at OICR

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

Open positions are posted over a several month period. Depending on the research group, there will be one interview either on Skype or a interview panel with up to half a dozen lab members from the research group. The outcome of the interview is communicated via email shortly over the interview took place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would advice future employees to get a clear and written statement of responsibilities and accountability.

Financial Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interview process started which a phone screen then invitation for formal interview. Interview by a Panel of two person from the Finance Dept. They took the time to explain the role thoroughly.

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

The interview panel consisted of four employees from the department of varying seniority. The entire process lasted for an hour. The general atmosphere during the interview was friendly and approachable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in January 2019.

Interview

I was initially contacted by e-mail to coordinate a brief, telephone screening with someone from HR. The telephone screening lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was later contacted by e-mail by the current Project Manager who invited me for an in- person interview with her and the Program Manager. I had the in-person interview and even though I followed up with them afterwards, I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What general metrics do I use to determine if a project is progressing on track   Answer Question

Bioinformatician - Intern IV Months Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OICR (Waterloo, ON) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was really great, I applied through a university so the interview was an online video interview at my campus. I interviewed with the head of the department and with another senior member. The interview was very enjoyable, they asked me mainly about technical things on my resume and about teamwork.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disagreement in a team situation?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Talked about the various projects going on. Asked a few HR questions, like tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, how will this job help you in achieving your long term goals. Applied through university. Interviewer went through my set of skills one by one, asking me questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• A set of technical questions including writing queries in SQL, differences between different types of algorithm.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I sent my resume for a position and was contacted 2 months later for another position. I went through 3 rounds of interviews. The first interview was over the phone, interviewer was late. The second interview was in a loud coffee shop, interviewer was late and I could barely hear what he said. The third interview was a full-day interview (again late..) with different reports to write in a very short amount of time.

I was interviewed by about 10 people in total about half of them asked technical questions that were way outside of the scope for this position. Among them, three were not from academia and came from the industry, thank god they were the only ones who seemed to know who to process an interview and asked meaningful questions.

Interviewers did almost none to zero research on the candidate, they most likely did not read my resume, the staff didn't seem to know what I was interviewing for, plus, the online description for that position seemed very inaccurate.

Overall, waste of time and money, one full-day is way too long.

Interview Questions

• How do you find this type of markers ? (Referring to genome sequencing)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a skype call that lasted for about 15 minutes. They asked about what my work experience was, and what I would like to work on from here on.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work on?   1 Answer

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I applied online. I received an interview the day after and asked to develop a responsive web page before hand. I was interviewed by a junior developer. First half was about basic theoretical knowledge. Second half was about actually coding on computer.

Bioinformatics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR (Waterloo, ON) in July 2016.

Interview

One hour interview with lots of conversation. The recruiter was going back and forth about various topics in ML, and trying to gauge my understanding of the concepts. I never answered correctly the first time, and it required a conversation to guide me in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would teach a computer to navigate a plaza.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.