OICR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

OICR Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

Open positions are posted over a several month period. Depending on the research group, there will be one interview either on Skype or a interview panel with up to half a dozen lab members from the research group. The outcome of the interview is communicated via email shortly over the interview took place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would advice future employees to get a clear and written statement of responsibilities and accountability.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Talked about the various projects going on. Asked a few HR questions, like tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, how will this job help you in achieving your long term goals. Applied through university. Interviewer went through my set of skills one by one, asking me questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• A set of technical questions including writing queries in SQL, differences between different types of algorithm.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I sent my resume for a position and was contacted 2 months later for another position. I went through 3 rounds of interviews. The first interview was over the phone, interviewer was late. The second interview was in a loud coffee shop, interviewer was late and I could barely hear what he said. The third interview was a full-day interview (again late..) with different reports to write in a very short amount of time.

I was interviewed by about 10 people in total about half of them asked technical questions that were way outside of the scope for this position. Among them, three were not from academia and came from the industry, thank god they were the only ones who seemed to know who to process an interview and asked meaningful questions.

Interviewers did almost none to zero research on the candidate, they most likely did not read my resume, the staff didn't seem to know what I was interviewing for, plus, the online description for that position seemed very inaccurate.

Overall, waste of time and money, one full-day is way too long.

Interview Questions

• How do you find this type of markers ? (Referring to genome sequencing)   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I applied online. I received an interview the day after and asked to develop a responsive web page before hand. I was interviewed by a junior developer. First half was about basic theoretical knowledge. Second half was about actually coding on computer.

Bioinformatics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OICR (Waterloo, ON) in July-2016.

Interview

One hour interview with lots of conversation. The recruiter was going back and forth about various topics in ML, and trying to gauge my understanding of the concepts. I never answered correctly the first time, and it required a conversation to guide me in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would teach a computer to navigate a plaza.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in June-2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for this particular opportunity. The whole process took about 2 weeks. First interview was Technical, it was with 3 of the team leads and a manager. Most of the questions were related to JavaScript and AngularJS. Some of them were very detailed and white board questions. Once you clear technical round, you meet with the senior manager. That interview is mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Print a list of employees and their respective salaries. Bold the salary if its more then $50,000.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Video conference interview with the department head. Brief and exploratory interview about previous job positions and current projects and technology the team works with. More of a conversation about what to expect for the job, potential projects. No technical questions asked though. This was for a university internship, so screening is probably more rigorous for full-time staff.

IT Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in November-2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. Initially a panel interview with 3 people ( 1 manager and two peers) . The first interview was only technical questions. The 2nd interview was with the manager and Director of the department. This was more behavioral

Interview Questions

• What folder in linux should be backed up before doing a re install?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OICR.

Interview

This was through a university, where applications were made to the university's online portal. Resumes were submitted through this with an interview via Skype at the university call centre.

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OICR (Toronto, ON) in August-2015.

Interview

It was disgusting! When I came in to the interview they were not prepared and were still setting up the test machine. They did not care about my background, they only asked code questions. Started of with JavaScript question, first 3 were fine, but the last forth one was a big problem. Continuing into CSS and HTML, the interview switched hands to a different person, I could hardly understand what he has saying. Lastly a code test, basically build a form that takes in an input and a button, after a button press is must do a search and display the entire page underneath. For example, like a form would create a Google search link and the entire search result page would be shown, it must not redirect to a new page. At the end they did not let me finish the test.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient way to reverse a Javascript array?   1 Answer