Norwegian Air Shuttle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Norwegian Air Shuttle Interview Questions

Interviews at Norwegian Air Shuttle

2.7

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

I did an online test, then about a mont after it I had call to tell me they wanted to invite me to an assessment day. The day consisted of a presentation of the company, collect of dicuments, they measured us, followed by a group test, and a 1:1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Great experience. Seems the whole process is set up to make you feel loose and comfortable. Quick presentation, then a group exercise, then the one on one interviews. No swim test or uniform fitting for us. Seems they changed it. We were told it would be part of training in the Spain portion. Very easy going interview must say it was one of my most tensionless interviews compare to the other FA interviews. My process took rather long. I applied 7/15/2018 took the online assessment one day later. Got A invite to assessment day march 14th got my CJO offer threw email March 21st . Sorry interview was for the LA Base. May 10 training date

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you and a co-worker did not get along?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Assessment day was in Fort Lauderdale, FL it was set at the Double Tree Hotel at 9am, once I got there I had to resgister then they took me a picture and hieght, after we where guided to the main room for a company presentation, then a group interview was conducted after that you go back to the main room, and a list for 1 on 1 interview it’s posted. After your interview you go back to the main room and complete background and fittings, after that you good to go and they email me back in three days with a offer.

Interview Questions

• What you know about Norwegian?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Typical airline interview process. Presentation of Norwegian Air and OSM Aviaton, group interview, one-on-one and swim test. It was a pleasant experience. Just go prepared and polished and have fun and you will do fine!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

LAX base - applied online 10/21/17, online assessment invitation right after applied, assessment day invitation 11/2/17. Assessment day option 11/28,11/29,11/30 and 12/01. Assessment day activities are company presentation, group discussion, 2:1 interview, uniform fitting and document submission. I chose 11/29/17 for my interview date. I flew from Boston to LAX and stayed at the hotel on my own expense. The group discussion is about if the airline wants to sell a tour package additional to the air ticket, which country we should try to expand the route to (this includes which travel agent should we pick), which process of the flight booking we should try to sell the tour package, pros and cons of the options, the impact, what other information do we need for decision making. 2:1 questions will be listed in the below section.
    Swimming test- please practice before the assessment date. There are some people who CAN swim, but they haven’t swum for a very long time, so they found it very difficult to complete 4 laps at the hotel pool. Please keep your stamina up until the assessment date. There are lots of towels at the pool area, two bathrooms for changing in the health club area, no hair dryer, so please be prepared. I did the back stroke, so I did not remove or redo the make up. Some people swim before 2:1 and some people swim after 2:1, it depends on how they run the numbers (every candidate is assigned a number on the assessment day). If you interviewed after swimming, I would suggest to put yourself back together like before you swim to go to the 2:1 interview. Uniform fitting is my most favorite part, because I like their uniform so much. After that we wait to our turn to submit the copy of our passport and other document for background check.
    Key to success: The staff told us that “remember.. this is not a competition. Teamwork will make you success” teamwork, be friendly, be yourself (they really want to get to know you) and real smile. Smile all day. Smile all the time. Smile from your happy heart!!
    12/22/17 - notification of acceptance for future training dates

This is the most friendly interview process I have ever had. They make you feel so comfortable for you can be yourself and do your best, because they really want to know you. Long day, but feel so short because everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

The reason I rate this interview process as difficult, because I couldn’t swim, but I took swimming class and overcame my fear of water at the end. Yay!! So worth it!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the example when you provide good service or went above and beyond   1 Answer
    • Tell me when you have challenge situation at work and how you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you handle the change in the company   Answer Question
    • What do you think about the group discussion that we just had?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job and become a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Why Norwegian Air Shuttle?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the time when you improved work process on your own with out existing procedures.   Answer Question
    • How would you train a new person?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Going through process currently but it seems to be going smoothly. They have been in contact since day 1. I am excited to see what the interview process is like compared to Emirates Airlines. I worked previously for Emirates and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online sometime I want to say in late September , a few weeks later invited to do online assessment/did literally the following day. A few weeks later received email invite to attend all day / orientation/ swim test / one on one interview / paperwork( just passport and work history/ uniform fitting . This was Nov 28 2017. I had my interview last during the day and left afterwards. I asked during the end of the interview when I could expect a yay or nay , was told “ we will speak soon” ..... still have not received an email or call...????? From my understanding there is to be a first class starting in January to which you will have a medical after background clears; background checks are conducted by third party and can take time. So I wait patiently but not holding my breath.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be a flight attendant?   3 Answers

Long Haul Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

A few months long but long enough. Apply online and get invited for an in-person interview. You do physical testing as well. Then if you pass you get invited to training. You have to fly yourself out and take care of any means needed for you to self sufficient throughout the month long training course.

Interview Questions

• Why'd I choose this company and how do my past experiences qualify me for this position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I have worked with another airline before. This was the most chaotic interview process. Sadly, it gave me an example of what the airline is right now. The wage is minimal, to the standards of real airlines, the benefits were not gone over (which is a terrible sign of what you will not get), and its substandard conditions to try to acquire talent. You pay for your housing during training, which is something the major airlines would not require you to do. You get a free uniform...oh wow thats great? You get capped at on hours you could fly per year, due to EU regulations. Your gross monthly income will end up hovering, slightly over $1500 for 55 hours a month, with slim chance of picking any hours up, due to "wanting to give a chance for everyone to make some money". There really is no possible way to live on this minimal amount of change in the New York area. In my opinion, this is the Walmart of airlines, they pay nothing, and have you living off food stamps and Medicare. Someone got up and left during the interview process, I was respectful and stayed. The person that left, currently works for a commuter airline, and said they left because of the substandard benefits and treatment of employees, from the presentation given. They don't pay or reimburse you for traveling to the interview. Honestly, a waste of time and money.

Flight Attendant Long Haul Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

I applied for the JFK base. First round of interviews included a swim test, which was 200 yards. Made it to the second round of interviews/uniform fittings. This included a group task, and individual interview. The cruelest part was they sent me a rejection email. Then a few weeks later I got another email regarding training schedule, next steps. I quickly emailed back and asked if this was an error or if I was really selected. I got my hopes up, and they sent back apologizing and saying disregard the email it was a mistake, and to 'have a nice day'. To treat someone like this is absolutely unprofessional and also cruel. To the corporate lady who interviewed me I got a snotty vibe from her and she definitely seemed not happy to be interviewing. Corporate needs to step it up, errors like that should not happen

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.