Nexen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Nexen Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexen (Austin, TX (US)) in October-2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment website with a resume, and got accepted for an interview soon after. Interviewed on campus - very standard procedure. The interview was mostly a resume review. The interviewer was interested in my past experience so I was asked about what I did in the past and answered some simple technical questions about the subjects.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Nexen?
      Tell me about your work experience at ___   Answer Question

HSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexen (Houston, TX (US)) in March-2011.

Interview

I received a phone call asking me to apply. I applied online and was scheduled for a panel interview. The panel consisted of multi-disciplined group and managers at various grade levels. After interviewing I was offered a position. I spent approximately one week negotiating the benefits before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was why I was interested in leaving my current employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

small increase in both salary and sign on bonus

Interview

What do you think it takes to be successful in this position?

Tell me about a time when you were forced to make a difficult decision.

Walk us thru a situation where you generated new ideas.

How do you define success?

Why do you think you will fit with the company culture?

How do you contribute to building trust and respect in your team or group?

What are the areas in which you need to grow?

Why are you the best candidate for this position?

Interview Questions

• Provide a previous situation that best demonstrates your ability to manage multiple tasks, while providing strong attention to detail and meeting required deadlines.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexen (Dallas, TX (US)) in January-2012.

Interview

Interview process was very relaxed and I was able to easily response to all questions. Position reported to Regional Supply Chain Manager who was easy to talk to and made the interview process easy and relaxing. Also interviewed with a representative from HR and other Supply Chain Professionals within the organization.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider my strongest qualification?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexen (Fort McMurray, AB) in February-2013.

Interview

Telephone interviewed had at the first stage followed by face to face interview with the stake holders present at the interview. After being selected, another interview was conducted just to introduce the dept which was followed by refrence check and offer letter

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any longer, it's being a while. It was one of tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, which contract give you the most challenges in the past.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nexen.

Interview

Very informal there was only one interview that was approximately 20-25 minutes. No behavioural based questions more so only statements and qualities that they found were important in a future team member thereby forcing you to defend your resume and your previous experience to their statement. Do not be shy and do not be scared to boast about yourself that is what they would like to see.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation took place the offer was more generous than my expressed bottom line

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nexen.

Interview

3 stages. first Video interview. 6 questions. bascially why the company chooses you and why you choose the company and this position, describe a happy day in your workplace, describe the best team you are in the what your role is in that team and describe the best manager you have ever had. then the second stage is to meet with HRBP and my manager. describe your education background and work background, describe your strength, how do you meet deadline etc. third one is with my manager and another senior HR.

Interview Questions

• no very difficult questions. most are general questions. but one lesson for me is try to get to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation at all. they are very generous

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexen.

Interview

Received a call, went in for an interview - asked behavioural questions - lasted about 50 min

Intern Interview

Interview

First round was through the video interview over the computer (very basic questions) and the second round was phone interview with a team lead and a recent graduate (more technical questions were asked during the interview process).

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexen (Calgary, AB) in October-2015.

Interview

I applied the job via the company website. It took a week I got an email from HR for the short video interview with 4 questions. It only took you 12 mins. After a week, there is a second interview with 2 team lead. They will tell you the final result in the coming week.

Interview Questions

• How do you apply Safety First in your work and life?
      What's your 5 yr/10 yr career goal?
      What's your weakness?
      ect.
      All questions are not hard.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.