NOVA Chemicals Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

Recruiter5%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

NOVA Chemicals

Application

I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals

Interview

It was a panel interview with both behavioral and technical questions. Panel consisted of a member of HR, the hiring leader and a member of the Team for which I was applying.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time you were faced with a challenge at work and how you overcome it.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in Feb 2021

Interview

Very strict interview and it was for an internship position. The hiring managers sounded so picky and they weren't supportive in listening to what I was saying. I didn't get the job, but happy that I did have to work for someone who wont listen to what I say.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in Jan 2021

Interview

The following day after sending in my resume I received a call to discuss salary expectations and the potential for an upcoming interview. It took some back-and-forth and some confusion about time zones before an interview was scheduled. Two weeks elapsed until the video interview (via MS Teams) was scheduled/completed. Strangely, this is fast compared to other companies. The team discussed the major organizational changes and some of their goals. To me, the title posted doesn't reflect what they are looking for - why consider automation to perform a life-and-shift migration to the cloud? I have years of real-world experience in cloud automation and I believe they were concerned when I explained the challenges that are coming. Not getting an offer is best for both parties, they sound very junior and the work doesn't sound very interesting or mission critical. I was thankful that HR did reach out to inform me that they were going to proceed without me. That is a classy move and sadly lots of companies just ghost the candidate. I wish them well on their journey ahead. Thank you for the opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Standard behavioral type questions, Why Nova Chemicals?
  • Describe some automated projects that you've worked on?
  • Explain a situation when you had to work/collaborate with a colleague?

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in Jan 2020

Interview

They had an info session in campus. The interview took place in SAIT. I applied through mycareerhub from SAIT internal site. After the interview they had background and health check.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (London, ON) in Nov 2019

Interview

45 minutes in length and consisted of 5 or 6 STAR questions, and why I wanted to work at NOVA. They also asked what I knew about NOVA and went over the details of the position at the end

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you communicated effectively to a team

NOVA Chemicals

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied through a posting on my university job board. The interview was a video interview through skype (though the connection dropped and we considered switching to a phone interview) with two current engineering employees of the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in Sep 2019

Interview

Applied through a recruiter company and was interviewed by the project manager and the manager of the document control department. All questions were to assess behavior in a given situation.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the talents and skills you'd bring to the team if hired?
  • Describe a time you received criticism from your boss and how you handled it?
  • What is 1 task from your previous work that you liked the most and 1 that you hated the most?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in Aug 2019

Interview

It was a phone interview, the questions were very difficult for a junior position. The person did not introduce himself and he started to ask technical questions right away.

Interview Questions
  • How did you improve a problem in the last company you work for?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied online and I received a call in three weeks to set up a phone behavioral questions. On the interview time, five guys were involved which they did not introduce themselves and instead of behavioral questions they asked many technical questions. In the next step, I received an email invited for in-person interview. On the interview date, I had a presentation (with specific format), technical questions, behavioral questions, tour and lunch interview. Every thing went very well and I received a call from the HR that they told me that the interview was really good. But all of the sudden they offered me a contract position instead of the permanent one as the posted for. I found that they hired some body who did not have the required experiences and technical background but had some body at NOVA .

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (London, ON) in Dec 2018

Interview

One online interview via skype. After the interview they responded the next day with their choices. They made it clear that you would need access to a car and have a G license. The Interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever witnessed an issue with safety and what did you do to prevent the outcome.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews