NOVA Chemicals Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

NOVA Chemicals Interview Questions

Interviews at NOVA Chemicals

3.2

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals in January 2018.

Interview

Nova Chemical’s interview process was a very good experience. They asked a lot of question about how I handled situations in the past. In any interview process giving as many details is always key.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Moon Township, PA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online in July 2017. I had a 10 minute phone screening with Human Resources about 2 weeks after the job closed out. The next week I had a more formal phone interview with the Leader and another employee on the team at the Moon Township location. I was asked behavior questions. The next day I was invited by HR to come in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was with 3 people, a recruiter, the Leader of the team, and the employee that I spoke with on the phone. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel relaxed. They took turns asking questions. I was mostly asked behavioral questions again. My best advice is to look up top behavioral questions and think about scenarios that you can answer those questions. The more prepared you are to link a problem to how you handled it and brought about a solution, the better. The more scenarios you can prepare the easier the interview will be. They liked that I was prepared to know the basics of what it happening and the history of NOVA. That afternoon I got the call that they wanted me! After receiving the offer, I had to have an employment physical and drug screen. I also went to StaffMark to take a Microsoft Office proficiency test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle many tasks at once.   Answer Question

Leader Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals.

Interview

disorganized and time consuming. don't waste your time and effort especially if you are working. had 6 interviews with several different people. great companies don't put candidates through this kind of interview process.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monaca, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Monaca, PA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview started with a 1:1 phone interview which lasted approximately 20 mins. The hiring manager asked questions in regards to previous positions. She asked for details of past accomplishments, overcoming obstacles in the workplace. After the phone interview, I was contacted again by the hiring manager for an in person interview. I was told this would last approximately 1 - 2 hours. This interview was conducted in front of 2 four person panels. Each group asked similar questions, such as what was you biggest accomplishment/failure, if I've ever made a mistake & if so, how did I correct it, normal interview questions. Everyone seemed very nice & it seemed like a great place to work. I did not receive a call back, just an email stating that they decided to hire one of the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake at work, if so, how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (London, ON) in November 2019.

Interview

45 minutes in length and consisted of 5 or 6 STAR questions, and why I wanted to work at NOVA. They also asked what I knew about NOVA and went over the details of the position at the end

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you communicated effectively to a team   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals in October 2019.

Interview

I applied through a posting on my university job board. The interview was a video interview through skype (though the connection dropped and we considered switching to a phone interview) with two current engineering employees of the company.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience prepare you for this role   Answer Question

Document Control Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter company and was interviewed by the project manager and the manager of the document control department.
    All questions were to assess behavior in a given situation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the talents and skills you'd bring to the team if hired?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received criticism from your boss and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What is 1 task from your previous work that you liked the most and 1 that you hated the most?   Answer Question

Junior Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview, the questions were very difficult for a junior position. The person did not introduce himself and he started to ask technical questions right away.

Interview Questions

• How did you improve a problem in the last company you work for?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call in three weeks to set up a phone behavioral questions. On the interview time, five guys were involved which they did not introduce themselves and instead of behavioral questions they asked many technical questions. In the next step, I received an email invited for in-person interview. On the interview date, I had a presentation (with specific format), technical questions, behavioral questions, tour and lunch interview. Every thing went very well and I received a call from the HR that they told me that the interview was really good. But all of the sudden they offered me a contract position instead of the permanent one as the posted for. I found that they hired some body who did not have the required experiences and technical background but had some body at NOVA .

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (London, ON) in December 2018.

Interview

One online interview via skype. After the interview they responded the next day with their choices. They made it clear that you would need access to a car and have a G license. The Interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed an issue with safety and what did you do to prevent the outcome.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.