Mott MacDonald Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Mott MacDonald Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Basic engineering interview after meeting a representative at a career fair in college. Questions were basic and checked to see if I was a student who knew the fundamentals of engineering. I made sure to use some of the background research of the company to contribute to my replies about what I would like to develop as an intern.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself performing as a potential intern at Mott Macdonald?   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Boston, MA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

Phone interview that is developing into an interview. The project management team was polite and friendly. Looks like it might be a good place to work for a while.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald in May-2017.

Interview

Quick! I applied online within two days Mott Macdonald's HR Headquarters conducted a 15 minute get to know me better interview. Scheduled me in to meet with the supervisor I would be working the closest with and one other person in the office. The in-person interview was all about making sure I was a good fit and what I would bring to the company. I heard back from the following day.

Junior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

I met with two interviewers. They told me a lot about the description of the job. The asked me my experience with excel and also about my education background. The two interviewers were very informative and friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Was detailed. Asked me what I know about substations, protective relays, types of protective relay schemes and how familiar I was with CAD.
    Got a feedback in a week but had to call HR severally.

Senior Social Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Washington, DC (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the line manager over the phone and one which was a combination of in person and over Skype. They were very good, the second one lasted 3 hours and I had to do a 30min presentation. The flow was good, there was a constant back and forth and there was good exchange.

Interview Questions

• How would I resolve a situation with a difficult team member? Specific thematic questions.   1 Answer

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

The interview consisted of discussing my engineering background. They asked about my engineering design experience. I contacted them to follow up on the status of my interview and never heard back from them for several weeks. Not a peep. They kept advertising for engineers on LinkedIn. When I complained about it on LinkedIn, they filed a complaint on LinkedIn and took my profile offline. If this is how they take feedback from prospective employees, I can only imagine how they treat their clients.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing to happen was when I discussed their interviews on LinkedIn. They had me banned so I have no LinkedIn account.   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX (US)) in July-2013.

Interview

I initially had an HR screening and was scheduled to speak with the project manager and office manager that very week. They were prompt in getting back to me with a timeline of when I can expect a reply, and within three days' time, I was offered a position here.

Interview Questions

• My school work and projects were discussed in detail. They asked me questions based on what was on my resume. The call proved to be extremely informative for me as well. I learnt about the work culture here, and the opportunities provided for growth.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX (US)) in March-2013.

Interview

First interview on phone was to check the suitability for the position.Then there were two personal interviews.Very pointed towards work experience and selection was done within 3-4 days ie decision process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• During interview I told that I prepared Electrical Drawings.I carried file of my work.Looking at some drawing the Manager asked that your name is not there as preparer so I had to explain that it was prepared by me but as per company policy the prepared by is senior employees name is put.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.I was offered my expected salary on full time employee.

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

First interview was conducted through phone and asked about detail experience (as per CV / Resume). And then approximately 2 weeks after that, interview was held face to face (through Video / skype). Both interview was Short & exactly direct to question & problem related with Pipeline, usual hand-shake,

Interview Questions

• Describe Pipeline Engineering is, what is design code, how to do calculations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good and fast, since the package is good.