Millennium Research Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Millennium Research Group

3.2

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online though firm website - Resume, Cover letter, Unofficial transcripts and questionnaire Received interview call via email from HR - 1st stage interview - skill assessment test.Math section (13 QUES) - 15 Min oNLY - Mirrors the GMAT problem solving section

Interview Questions

• Write a market research report on the hip implant US industry given 25 facts?   1 Answer

Contract Analyst Interview

Interview

The hiring process included a skills assesment, and was to be followed by interviews from the HR department and then company managers.

The skills assesment consisted of:
    math section (15 mins, 13 questions)
    writing section (45 mins, 2 questions)

The math questions are based on GMAT quantitative section (but no data sufficiency questions)

The writing section has one question that asks you to write a report about a medical device, given a bunch of facts about its market. The other question you are given a choice out of basic behavior-interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was pretty easy, except that the math section is very time-limited   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group.

Interview

written assessment, then behavioural interview. written assessment done on site, a math component and a case component where you have to write up a case report based on the information given. straight forward math, case report takes up the most time. Then there's another personal response written component. Overall takes about an hour.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group.

Interview

3 rounds
    First round with HR, basic background questions and a little bit behaviour ones, 30 min
    Second round with manager, similar pattern of questions from template, some brainstorms, 30 min
    Third round with director, more details about the job and find you initiative to this position. 30 min

Interview Questions

• Brainstorm: if there is a coin in a glass bottle sealed with a wood cork, how would you get the coin out without breaking the bottle   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group in February 2012.

Interview

Multiple choice questions GMAT style (15 of them).
    Test in excel.

If you do well on this you get a panel interview and an interview with HR. They ask basic questions such as what are you weaknesses and strengths. Then they ask some mental math scenario-based questions, and try to get a feel if you would fit in the position they are offering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. They will not negotiate. They will say goodbye before they give you more money. They will pay you as little as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in December 2010.

Interview

I'm not sure how MRG sifts through applications. I wasn't contacted for an interview until about a month after I applied.

The interview process seems fairly standard for an analyst position. There is a basic skills test, a phone interview, an interview with HR, and an interview with managers you may work under. The interviews are pretty easy and quite relaxed overall.

Most employees at MRG spoke highly about the work environment and I didn't witness anything which suggested otherwise. I think that the MRG staff are slightly underachieving, but overall great people. It is a very laid back environment and that the managers and directors take measures to maintain that environment. That said, employee satisfaction with their day-to-day is very low. Those higher up on the totem pole seem to really enjoy their work, while the lower level employees seem to be looking for another position almost immediately after starting.

The work for analysts is strangely independent. This may explain the pleasant environment. With little interaction between employees, there is little cause for conflict. At the very least, the nature of the work being independent also means that the benefit of the work environment cannot really be enjoyed. Moreover, I was told that there is extremely high turnover. Apparently, more than half of the employees have been at MRG for 1 year or less at any given time. This is true for all entry-level positions. Given that there are ~100 employees, this means they must hire more than 50 new people a year. This information comes from an analyst at MRG and was affirmed by a senior member.

Many, but not all employees have some background in science. There are a greater number of females than males. I have a hunch that the managers (most of whom are female) tend to be biased in this regard, although if you are a charming guy, the job should be just as easy to obtain.

Interview Questions

• Skills Assessment: two parts - math (13 questions; calculator provided); 2. written (2 questions - report from data points (short, less than one-page), write-up from personal experience (also short, less than one-page))

You have 15 minutes for the math section and 45 minutes for the written section.   1 Answer
    • How many cigarette packs were sold in the U.K. in the year 2009?   1 Answer
    • What is the projected value of the plasma TV industry in the US in 2012?

Note: You are allowed to ask 5 questions to obtain the necessary information to answer the question.   1 Answer
    • How would you contact the executive of an industry given certain obstacles? Obstacles include: secretary says no, executive does not want to be contacted, etc.   1 Answer
    • The hip implant industry generated 3x as much money in France as in the U.K. Please state as many reasons as possible which could explain the difference.   Answer Question

The starting salary is $40,000 for an average of 44 hours a week and is almost non-negotiable. I know of only one analyst who started at $42,000 because he had a Master's and previous experience in the industry. This, combined with the tedious nature of the work, makes the job really undesirable. Even senior analysts only make ~$55,000, which is slightly above the starting salary at comparable firms.

I think that any individual who is able to secure a job MRG is also capable of getting better paying jobs or at least a more interesting that pays just as little.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group in July 2010.

Interview

The process involved 1 telephonic interview, followed by a 1-hour written test (almost like GMAT). This was followed by a panel interview with 2 managers and a consultant. The final interview was a telephonic interview with one of the managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on vacation timings, but not on salary.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in March 2008.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR person to come in for a skills test. There is a math test (GMAT based) and writing test. The written part you have to write an analysis of the hip implant market given a number of data points and random facts. the other part is writing something about yourself, your personal hero etc.

I got a call about a week after and came in for an interview with the HR person (basic behavioural stuff), and then moved onto interviews with 2 managers. Those interviews were case-type interviews (estimate number of cigarettes smoked in the UK in one year). Lastly, I had an interview with the VP, which was more get to know you stuff. I heard back from them about a week after with news I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really not much of an option to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in May 2012.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a skills assessment in the next five days. Assessment lasted 1 hour, 15 minutes for the math section, 45 for the writing. For the math, it was basic algebra, geometry, fractions, and so forth. Not complicated - they give you a calculator as well. The real challenge is finishing the questions in such a short period of time, so be sure to brush up on your very basic GMAT/GRE level word problems.

The first section of the written part was challenging - they give you basic information about the US hip implant industry and you have to write a research report - describing the current state of the industry, forecasting future growth, what potential limiters are, and so forth. I used around 30-35 mins for this portion.

The last section is simple - you have a choice to write about: 1) A time you showed leadership ability, and what you learned, 2) The three accomplishments you're most proud of and why, or 3) Describe your personal hero and why you consider them such.

Interview Questions

• Please write a 1 page report on the US hip implant industry. Describe the current state of the industry, forecast for future growth, and discuss potential limitations or growth potential.   Answer Question
    • Describe the three accomplishments you are most proud of. Why do you consider them to be your best work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in February 2012.

Interview

Numerical and written test. Both pretty easy but beware of time. I am a slow writer so didn't get through the written one.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.