Find jobs for Market Research Analyst

Millennium Research Group Market Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2014

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 37 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Millennium Research Group

Millennium Research Group

Application

I interviewed at Millennium Research Group

Interview

I heard from the company in approximately 4 weeks. They said that the first interview is an online assessment of the applicant's Math and English skills. The entire test is 1 hours long (15 mins Math, 45 mins English) . The math part was pretty difficult and there wasn't enough time to finish all questions properly

Interview Questions
  • the most difficult question was a math problem that i didn't even fully understand
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON)

Interview

The whole process took about 2 months - with the majority (1.5 months) on waiting for an interview. The first round is a written test - one math test (~13 questions in 15 minutes) and on writing test (45 minutes for two short essays). the second/final round is with HR manager and three managers. Scroll down for details as the interview questions don't get changed that frequently but am not sure if the same questions are still being used now

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to have your own questions about the company/job when you come in for interview

Millennium Research Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group

Interview

Sent in cover letter/resume and heard back a week later. Next step was a 1-hour math and written assessment. The math assessment was adapted from the quantitative section of the GMAT and the written assessment looked at ability to compile quantitative and qualitative information into a comprehensive report. A week later, I was called and asked to attend an interview at the MRG office. This interview consisted of two parts. The first part was a behavioural interview with the HR manager. She asked typical interview questions like what are 3 strengths/weakness, a time you dealt with a difficult person, what part do you like about working in a group and where you see yourself in 5 years. The second part of the interview was with three analysts. It consisted of behavioural questions similar to the ones asked by the HR manager, as well as analytical questions requiring you to answer hypothetical questions and calculate estimates.

Interview Questions
  • Provide an estimate for the amount of skim milk sold in the US
  • Explain the reasons why Spain made twice as much as Canada on breast implant procedures
  • Provide an estimate for the value of the plasma TV market in 2015. You are allowed to ask the interview 5 questions.
  • You are going to write an article addressing a rumour about metal hip implants. How would you evaluate the truth of the rumour?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2013

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward standard stuff. There was an analytical section asking you to estimate the number of pints of skim milk in the US in one year and the value of the Plasma tv market.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2012

Interview

I applied online and got a fairly prompt response telling me that I had gotten through to the first step of hiring which was to do a skills test. I was given a link to sign up online so that was very easy. Since I was traveling at the time, I called the HR rep and asked how time sensitive the hiring was. She told me that there were actually no positions and they have a rolling hiring process as they always lose Analysts after about a year or so. This is because their workforce is young and often leaves to go to Grad school or the like. Anyways, I was actually able to schedule the skills test to be taken online and sent through email. I was given strict time guidelines to answer about 15 math questions, and then a writing sample. I submitted and was told I failed. Not believing this, I went back and confirmed that they had made an error and so I was actually moved on to the in person interview step. In person interview was standard: first step meeting with an HR rep, and then a technical interview with current analysts. Great girls who were easy going and made me feel comfortable. As they didn't have a position they told me that they'd let me know in a few days whether they liked me, and then they get back to me when they had a position, which they said always opens up eventually. Over the summer, I got a couple of emails restating interest and checking my availability but saying that there were still no positions. Finally, I gave up expecting an offer after 3 months. This keeping me on the hook, as well as mis-marking my skills test, were the negatives of my experience but the rest was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
  • Provide me with an estimate of the amount of milk consumed in the US each year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in May 2012

Interview

Received an email to schedule a skills assessment in the next five days. Assessment lasted 1 hour, 15 minutes for the math section, 45 for the writing. For the math, it was basic algebra, geometry, fractions, and so forth. Not complicated - they give you a calculator as well. The real challenge is finishing the questions in such a short period of time, so be sure to brush up on your very basic GMAT/GRE level word problems. The first section of the written part was challenging - they give you basic information about the US hip implant industry and you have to write a research report - describing the current state of the industry, forecasting future growth, what potential limiters are, and so forth. I used around 30-35 mins for this portion. The last section is simple - you have a choice to write about: 1) A time you showed leadership ability, and what you learned, 2) The three accomplishments you're most proud of and why, or 3) Describe your personal hero and why you consider them such.

Interview Questions
  • Please write a 1 page report on the US hip implant industry. Describe the current state of the industry, forecast for future growth, and discuss potential limitations or growth potential.
  • Describe the three accomplishments you are most proud of. Why do you consider them to be your best work?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2012

Interview

Numerical and written test. Both pretty easy but beware of time. I am a slow writer so didn't get through the written one.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2010

Interview

First a written test. The test has two components - written and mathematics. The math is multiple choice, the written portion is when you need to piece together disparate points and make a cohesive story. The next portion if you pass this will be an in-person interview. One with HR and one with the hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions
  • How many packs of cigarettes are sold in the UK in a given year?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennium Research Group (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2008

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR person to come in for a skills test. There is a math test (GMAT based) and writing test. The written part you have to write an analysis of the hip implant market given a number of data points and random facts. the other part is writing something about yourself, your personal hero etc. I got a call about a week after and came in for an interview with the HR person (basic behavioural stuff), and then moved onto interviews with 2 managers. Those interviews were case-type interviews (estimate number of cigarettes smoked in the UK in one year). Lastly, I had an interview with the VP, which was more get to know you stuff. I heard back from them about a week after with news I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed