MediaMath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

MediaMath Interview Questions

Interviews at MediaMath

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant team, bad experience with recruiter and very low salary - ultimately a waste of time. I would not recommend interviewing with this company.

I was slightly concerned when I had several rounds of phone interviews (speaking with nearly the entire team) without any technical portion. This was followed by a coding assignment, and an in-person interview with no additional technical questions. The in-person interview was largely a repeat of the phone screens I had already done.

Throughout the process, the recruiter was consistently unable to answer basic questions. I had given the recruiter a desired salary range at the beginning of the process which was evidently ignored. I received an offer significantly lower than what I had stated - ridiculously low for an engineering position in NYC. I was told that the company was unwilling to negotiate or to match other offers. The recruiter chose to waste the time of everyone involved in the process by not informing me early on that the company could not pay in the range I was seeking.

Interview Questions

• Largely questions about prior work experience and to describe certain technologies I had worked with   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MediaMath in February 2016.

Interview

Interview itself is OK. But I don't the interviewers showed too much interest.
    What's bad: no reject notice or any feedback after the onsite interview, no travel reimbursement. Which is rude and shows no respect. Doesn't recommend at all.

MediaMath Response

Nov. 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Oh, no! This seems to be an unfortunate mistake. We have gone through our records and cannot find any outstanding candidate expenses from early 2016. Please reach out to... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I applied on the website and then contacted by a recruiter. Had a very short phone call with the recruiter with some background questions. And the he scheduled a 30-minute technical phone with the VP Engineering for me.

Interview Questions

• Why left the previous company? if would like to relocate   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews:
    1) simply phone interview with team leader
    2) coding challenge (took around 4hrs)
    3) 1hr interview with 3 different team members

I felt good about the interviews, however, after this entire process I got an email telling me that the position was terminated for budgetary reasons. A waste of both of our times.

Interview Questions

• Code a simple server to accept a post request and do some data processing on the string in the body.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath in March 2016.

Interview

Firstly asked me what I did before, most of them are on my resume. I talked about my projects and some of the technical details of them. Then we start an technical interview session with a lot of discussions. It's really helpful and friendly interview.

Interview Questions

• Find all values in a list of integers that sum equals k   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied the job online and received an phone interview invitation from a senior software engineer. It's a 15 minutes interview about your resume and project experience. Then I received a code challenge and the due is next week. Next round will be a video interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Your background and your project experience.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath in March 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized but pleasant otherwise. Meat with team lead, a few other engineers, and ofcourse HR person. The company spend a lot of energy and resources on onboarding process that was somewhat helpful but way too long (a 2 - days) and full or marketing slogans.
    I was also given take home assignment that was quite interesting and as it turned out in line with what I was working on at MM.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MediaMath in February 2016.

Interview

Met them at career fair and within a week I was emailed the coding challenge. Had a week to finish the challenge and after I submitted the solution was emailed back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Create a program that figures out the prices of items   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a MediaMatch recruiter via LinkedIn and we quickly scheduled a phone interview with a team lead. The phone interview was pretty normal, although maybe slightly lighter on heavy technology compared to other technology companies.

I had an in-person interview soon after and generally enjoyed myself and had great conversations with the interviewers. I met with 4 different interviewers and the internal recruiter and the interview took roughly 3 hours.

Everyone was very polite and made sure I was comfortable and well hydrated. Thanks!

However, I then heard nothing from the company afterwards. Not a yes, or a no. No feedback, no "thanks, but no thanks". Not even after I emailed the company to ask for an update.

I understand that some people don't want to deal with delivering bad news and find it uncomfortable, but come'on...you must be rejecting more people than you extend offers to, so you should have had plenty of practice with it. I personally find it extremely rude and inappropriate not to have the decency of letting people who've spent hours talking to you know about your hiring decision. Reputations matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was extremely unprofessional. I had to reschedule my first screening interview two times because I did not get a call at the scheduled time and they did show any respect for my time by notifying me of this in advance. On the third time, I finally got a call and had a basic screening interview to go over my experience. Got a second interview with someone on the team I would be on and went over some more stuff about my experience and they asked me a few conceptual programming questions and stuff about their advertising system. Thought it went well, but then I heard that they were not continuing the process. Was a pretty poorly organized process and would not recommend to other people.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between C++ and Java   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.