MediaMath Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2020

3.6
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki
Pros
  • "They trust in their employees, and the work/life balance is really good(in 63 reviews)

• "There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage(in 14 reviews)

• "This is a bigger issue than just growing pains(in 11 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great Place to Work. I love it

Cons

Nothing i can think of

"Great place to grow your career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really big, interesting CS problems to work on. No futzing about with weak tea python/nodejs services you would have at your average CRUD SASS company. You have to use serious tools because the scale is bigtime. Many services have to handle billions of requests/datapoints hourly. Working on these kinds of problems is how you grow as an engineer. The company has comparable scale to FAANG but cant/doesnt pay as well, but they compensate for it by being really chill. No expectation of long hours, no packing stressful amounts of work into sprints. Want to actually use your unlimited PTO? No problem. You have kids and errands? No problem. Very flexible WFH policies. Right now we have summer Friday where every Friday is a half day. Netflix would pay more, but having your life back is priceless.

Cons

10 years of techdebt overhang that slows development down significantly and causes reliability issues/firedrills. Management is serious about addressing it, so there is a silver lining, and you may get to rebuild some stuff from scratch, which is nice. That said, I don't think a day goes by without some production incident.

Continue reading

"Toxic Environment Avoid At All Costs"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Plenty of snacks and drinks

Cons

Where do I begin? Company would rather make employees redundant than cut the snacks budget, employees have little respect and have managed to create one of the most toxic environments I have ever had to work in, only way of promotion is if you are popular and shout the loudest, low salary but they dress it up with added perks like snacks and drinks (last time I checked that doesn't pay my rent), managers have no experience with actually managing people and completely out of touch with the real world ... list goes on

4. "Good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great office and work environment.

Cons

Too many different products that caused confusion between teams operationally.

5. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- chill environment - average work place

Cons

It really is an average place

"Learned a lot but very little work/life balance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

This is a fast-paced and constantly evolving industry, which provided great learning opportunities. MediaMath has a lot of smart people, and I enjoyed collaborating with individuals across different business units.

Cons

There was very little work/life balance. There were not enough resources for the volume of work.

August 7, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you experienced learning opportunities and enjoyed collaborating with Mathletes across the business. Though we are continuously evaluating our business and resourcing needs as we work to transform our company, there are times in which we all experience heavier workloads. At the same time, we aim to provide employees with flexibility and a healthy work/life balance, so we’re disappointed to hear that you did not experience that quality of life at MediaMath. We would appreciate hearing more from you so that we can be sure to improve in the future. Please reach out with any further comments directly to people@mediamath.com.

"MediaMath is changing"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

New leadership, transparency, flexibility, accountability for results. These are all things that were lacking when I started 2 years ago and it is very exciting to be part of this transformation.

Cons

Make sure we do not over commit to doing too many things and revert back to old ways.

8. COVID-19

"Love the MediaMath culture!"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Transparent, supportive, and extremely helpful during a challenging time during the global pandemic. The company has been extremely thoughtful about keeping our organization informed on what we are doing to remain on track and has also made an effort to provide flexibility for people as personal/professional lives are blended during COVID-19.

Cons

There are none at this time!

"Salary insights"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Good work culture and team

Cons

No job security, decisions are made all of a sudden and can impact you

June 11, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased to hear you generally enjoyed our culture and your team. We’re in a state of transformation, and some of that involves changing our structure to suit the needs of our business and drive continued growth. Like most companies around the world, MediaMath was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, which required us to act quickly nd unexpectedly to reduce our workforce in ways we had not anticipated.

"No job security"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent culture and office perks.

Cons

NO job security, lacks cross teamwork, Morale is low. The ego is high among team leaders.

June 11, 2020Manager, HR Business Partner

We appreciate your feedback. We’re glad you have enjoyed the positive culture MediaMath strives to build. As we’re transforming our company to better deliver the products and services for which we’re known while improving our employee experience, we’ve been working on our team structures to increase collaboration and teamwork. Through these changes, we’ve also invested in key leadership roles within the organization, bringing in a new president, CFO, SVP of Product and, most recently, Chief People Officer and a Head of Marketing & Communications who was promoted from within. In the midst of this transformation and work, we were impacted, as many companies around the world were, by the global COVID-19 pandemic, which necessitated us acting quickly and unexpectedly, making some difficult decisions to reduce our workforce in ways we had not anticipated.

Found 331 reviews