Matalan Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Matalan Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

2.1

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online then I had a video interview. Then I was invited to the assesment centre. There was a group exercise, presentation and interview. Presentation topic was given in advance. In my opinion the group exercise was a bit irrelevant as there wasn't anything concerning the industry or role I've applied for

Interview Questions

Interview

Group interview given a problem to solve together; working with a current employee whilst 2 managers watched. Probably about 6 people being interview at once then individual interview where we were taken by one manger to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 2-3 weeks. Once I'd completed the online application I got an email inviting me to an interview 4 days later. The interview is a team interview, there was 5 of us at mine and we started off just going around and introducing ourselves. Then we completed a task where we all as a team had to style two outfits from two different departments and then sell/explain our choices to the interviewers. We then did one to one interviews with the manager and went home. Took around an hour. Then called an hour later to say I'd got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a retail environment (shop) you enjoy visiting most and why.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Are you going on any holidays in the next 6 months?   Answer Question

Administrative Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview process took few weeks between 1st and 2nd stage.
    First interview general questions, 2nd presentation. Interview was based on the company values. Relaxed environment.
    Different interviewers than on first round.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

Presentation, questions based on your presentation, competency based questions, what you do in your current role. Very rigid, you spoke as they fill in a booklet. 3 people on the interview panel, tests included part of the interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sutton, Norfolk, Norfolk, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Sutton, Norfolk, Norfolk, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later, was invited for a face to face interview and got the job there and then. The whole process spanned over a 3 day period as it was quick and easy, anyone who's looking to apply go for it!

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Harlow, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

it was a group interview with 12 other people . we were asked to bring in an object that best describes ourselves and talk about it . then we were put into small groups and gave each of us a scenario . my group had to find an outfit for someone attending an interview with only forty pounds . it was a pretty laid back interview there was no one to one interview afterwards. i got an email a week later saying i didn't get the job , assuming it was because my group picked out the wrong outfit.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Leeds, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

was quite fun,had a group interview and was told abit about matalan and what shifts there looking for by the store manager.was then taken downstairs to work in a small team to find an outfit for a special occassion in menswear,had to present why we chose that outfit then we was taking in 1 by 1 to have a private interview with the manager,unfortunately the times are not what i was looking for so never when through with the official interview but told me if it was suitable for me at the time they would of hired me there and then.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for matalan?   1 Answer

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and received an invite for an interview several days later. Group interview which was very casual followed by a task to each pick out an outfit from the store and describe why we picked it. Followed by a 15-20 minute 1-1.

Customer Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. The recruitment team were very helpful along the way with updates. Within two weeks I had applied for the job and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you found yourself going above and beyond for a customers?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.