MasterClass Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 59 of over 59 interviews

Other7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

MasterClass

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

I hate to leave such a negative review because most of the people I spoke to were awesome. Unfortunately it was their decision process that showed a complete lack of consideration for candidates. We went through a few rounds of interviews and we were all excited about each other so they asked me to submit my references (a great sign!) which I felt bad for taking a week to do. Once submitted, radio silence for 3 weeks...then an email to check in saying that they're still interested and "just waiting for final things on the backend". Fast forward another 2 weeks, they call me to say that they've rescoped the role to a senior level. So after putting me through the interview rounds, making me waste my connections' time submitting references, and leaving me hanging for over a month, they tell me they they've rescoped the role...and it certainly doesn't sound like they lost the budget if they expanded the scope... I understand that a business needs to do what's best for themselves...but having me waste my colleague's and connections' time and effort so that you can make a slight change to your JD is unacceptable to me. Do better please.

Interview Questions
  • My experience and what have I done
    Answer Question

MasterClass

Application

I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

Hiring Manager phone screen. this was a long conversation filled with narratives around culture and effecting change in the world. 5x onsite: system design project review algorithms team building execution & results overall a long and somewhat tedious process. set a good rapport with the interviewers. wasn't all that I hoped for.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

MasterClass

Application

I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

After speaking with a recruiter and a lead on the team, I moved to onsite interviews with the larger team. I met with four people on the team virtually. Two weeks after my virtual onsite interview, I followed up but I never received an email or phone call with my status.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterClass (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Applied on their home site and recruiter messaged me via LinkedIn first. They were dismissive from the beginning and I asked them why b/c I have the relevant experience. Afterwards they scheduled phone screen video call and didn't even turn on their camera. They soon after scheduled meeting with hiring manager and in that call everything seemed good. However afterwards in following up with recruiter, again they were surly and short. They didn't continue interviewing with me and I was glad b/c the recruiter was terribly rude from the get go. Don't recommend MasterClass.

Interview Questions
  • Describe who you are as a professional

MasterClass

Application

I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

The interview process was friendly and thorough. There were three rounds of interviews. Very fast response at each stage. Great to meet some of the people I would end up working with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MasterClass

Application

I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

This is just the review of the early interview process for masterclass. I was referred to the company by an employee and had active discussions with an internal recruiter. I did not advance but my conversations with the recruiter really got me excited to work with the company. They made me feel like I was already part of the team and cared about my experiences in tech and outside of tech.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Recruiter Questions: How did you hear about MasterClass? Tell me about your engineering experiences Is there anything you would like to know more about the company?

MasterClass

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

A complete waste of time, only got a recruiter screen where they asked a lot of technical questions related to my current job (but not anything that assesses your skill), then they ghosted me. Pretty sure the call was a attempt to gather info for phishing or something at this point.

Interview Questions
  • What's the tech stack you're using at your current company? How do you approach unit testing?
2 people found this interview helpful

MasterClass

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MasterClass in Jul 2021

Interview

First step was applying via LinkedIn Second Step was an initial intro call with the recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes. Asked basic questions about experience and why I wanted to work for Masterclass. Third Step I moved into a call with a hiring manager - This call involved more situational and behavioral questions along with a few questions about what I could bring to the table if I was hired into the role. After about three weeks of waiting and two follow-ups I had to send to the recruiter - I was given an email that they were moving forward with someone else. It threw me off a bit because in my last initial call - it made it seem like there was another step that I was going to take. I'm unsure when I would have been notified about their decision if I wasn't persistent enough to email them asking for updates. My advice is to ask for clear direction in your interview on what next steps are and reach out if you haven't heard anything back in 5+ days after your last initial conversation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MasterClass

Application

I interviewed at MasterClass

Interview

Fast-moving, clear process, kind and knowledgeable staff who are passionate about working at MasterClass. I enjoyed meeting with everyone on the team. I wish there had been more transparency about the start date and compensation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MasterClass (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Met with the recruiter and had a lovely conversation on background, role and opportunity. She asked me to follow up with an email to her with my specific role questions and I never heard back .

Interview Questions
  • Describe your past background and how it relates to this role
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews