MBS Textbook Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

MBS Textbook Exchange Interview Questions

Updated 25 Jul, 2018

2.5

Web Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange in April-2017.

Interview

Fairly informal, I talked a recruiter at a job fair, told her I was looking for a summer internship. A week later I got a call and came in for an interview. At the interview we went over my resume. After a couple weeks without a response I emailed them. They called me the next day and offered me the internship.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. First one was with an HR employee, it was very straightforward, was more a review of the company, why I applied, if I would be a good fit for the position. Second interview was with a supervisor and employee, this was more of them asking me questions. Fairly basic interview questions for the most part. Very nice people though, and really easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They are big on using Microsoft Excel and Office, so they want to assure you know how to use it or are able to learn. It'd be best to give an example of when you ever used it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. My interest and passion was assessed by the VP of Human Resources, from there I was forwarded to supervisor in charge of analytics and there was asked about my knowledge regarding some of their systems and the new system they want to implement. Then my ability to contribute to that was assessed.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)) in May-2012.

Interview

The interview process was a bit more tedious than it needed to be. At first I thought that they were doing their due diligence, but soon realized they were just a bit unorganized. After my phone interview, I came in for a face to face. I was interviewed by a total of 4 people. That is not too weird except they all interviewed me separately back to back. The entire ordeal took about 2 hours and by the end of it I was thirsty and hungry. All of that didn't really bother me except they all asked the same questions over and over. I would have much more preferred a panel if they felt that all the people needed to be involved to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer e-mail or picking up the phone and calling a client.   1 Answer

Shelver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)).

Interview

It is easy to get a job during the temp seasons. They need a lot of people and many people know it's a trap. You can apply online, and you get a group interview. It isn't hard at all, they don't really care who works for them for the temp seasons.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school now, or planning on going to school in the near future?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)) in April-2011.

Interview

You meet with the VP's from each department. Each VP asks you several questions about why MBS, why you left or are considering leaving your current/previous job. They want to know, if hired, what will you bring to the table. They find out your level of comfort with traveling and background within the position and or industry.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest success and disappointment with your current/past job as a territory manager.
      How did you overcome the disappointments? How do you overcome various objections in the field, like status quo and price objections? How do you feel about traveling? What do you expect for your salary range?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange.

Interview

Process for me was a phone interview, then a one on one with a director then with the hiring manager. It took about three days to get past the recruiter / HR and in the building.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not provide a writing sample when you applied? We would like to see a writing sample.   1 Answer

Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)) in March-2009.

Interview

Interviewing process is usually two steps. The first will be with HR. The HR department is wonderful and honestly a pleasure to talk to. They are very good at assessing what jobs you might do well at and if they like you, will often look for another position for you if you do not get the one you originally applied for.

The second interview will usually be with the manager you will be working under and possibly with the director of the department. This interview will usually be more technical in nature and will specifically apply to the job you are applying for. Depending on who interviews you, the questions can range from cooperate culture type questions to work ethic questions and almost always there will be a few customer support related questions, specifically "how would you deal with X" type questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some basic networking and windows trouble shooting questions. I do not remember exactly what they were, but they were slightly easy   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They said "this is what this position pays" and that was the end of it.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about the company so make sure you do research and stroke their ego a little bit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not good. They did not negotiate at all.

Econtent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO (US)) in October-2009.

Interview

I applied online. I was called in for an interview with human resources within a day of placing the application. The human resources professional seemed very nice. He asked me about my qualifications while he reviewed my resume, and why I was interested in the position. He then told me that I would probably be bored, and asked if I was sure I wanted to interview for this position. I respectfully said that yes, I would. He gave me a short overview of the position, the benefits and the wage, and proceeded to set up the interview with the hiring manager.

I met with the hiring manager a few days later. The manager was very respectful, knowledgeable and nice (no longer with the company). The manager asked for details on my qualifications, explained the job in more detail, and asked about how I handle stress and multitasking.

I was offered the position about a week or two later, however, the salary was lower than previously discussed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do or how would you react if you spilled coffee on yourself at the beginning of your work day?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.