Lettuce Entertain You Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Lettuce Entertain You Interview Questions

Interviews at Lettuce Entertain You

2.4

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You.

Interview

Questions were not super difficult, had 15 seconds to prepare each question for the digital interview which was 7 questions and you could schedule the online interview on your own time which was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There were two interviewing rounds. The first consisted of a video interview which was just recorded questions and answers. It felt a little awkward because I was just talking to myself and I was a little rushed. The second I got to speak with the manager of a restaurant and it felt very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company.   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

They were very informative as to what they wanted in their employees. They were also not shy in allowing us to explain our backgrounds, job histories, education, & accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• "Are you able to work any hours available, including weekends?!"   1 Answer

Prep/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

They asked what my special skills were and why they should choose me for the job, also how much experience I’ve had at my other jobs, what my other jobs had me do day to day

Restaurant Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

It's a three part process. Which isn't an issue. Because lots of companies do that. But with certain positions it's a bit much. Anyway, the managers and co owners were polite during them. And was told, I would get a call offering me the position at the third one. But that didn't happen, and that's ok, because you don't always get offered a position. Even if the interviews were good. Which isn't the problem, but why be misleading? And say, you're getting a call with an offer? That isn't professional at all. If you aren't sure, you're going to hire someone. Or when you know you aren't. You should just say, if we're interested in moving forward you'll get a call or email. Also what's a bit interesting is that, they are still hiring for that position. I mean I don't get what they're actually, wanting in an employee. Because i've been working at restaurants for quite awhile now. And continuing to while getting my degree, and have more than the amount of experience they wanted. Seems they have a very high turnover rate, something i've noticed about more than a few leye restaurants. Maybe, it's the managment. But it's really not right to mislead anyone. So lesson learned there, not applying to any other leye restaurants, no point in their hurdles hiring process. It's lots of other good companies that, won't give people the runaround. Because, it just isn't professional or necessary

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for ft or pt?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Interviewer showed up 30 mins late because he thought it was a phone interview. He called the restaurant we were supposed to meet at and asked if I wanted to reschedule, or if I was ok waiting for him to get there. I brushed it off and agreed I could wait, but when he got there I greeted him and wanted to confirm who he was (make sure he wasn't a patron at the restaurant) he acted confused and said no...only to be joking. Extremely unprofessional. The interview itself was worse. He asked me to tell him about myself so I shared my experience and told him some future goals of mine. His response to my goal of getting in an honors program was, "Why would you want to do that? Why would you want to make school harder for yourself?". The entire interview I was uncomfortable and he talked down to me and I still took the courtesy to send him a thank you email after this awful experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Video, in person and emailing, a lot of steps which made it seem more worth it. It was quite thorough. After many interviews I finally got the intern and it was good

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Was a great process. Met with 2 managers and the Managing partner in one day. Each had their own set of questions. Asked me a lot about previous experience and why i wanted to work for LEY

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You.

Interview

I sat with a general manager of the restaurant who took notes on a sheet of paper with 4 squares on it. It guided the interview. After this interview, I was asked to sit down with the head of the division. This was a shorter, more casual conversation compared to the first interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day by recruiter. Recruiter was nice and very informative.

Process went from screening call to an in person interview with Marketing VP. In person with VP asked the normal non-behavioral questions. Thought it went well but lag time between that round and final round was 3+ weeks. VP and HR both stressed that they are a people first company and to contact them but then communication seemed to drop.

Finally scheduled in person final round with President and CEO. They ran 20 minutes late and seem rushed in my interview slot. Asked me about high school, which ultimately took up 15 minutes of my 30 minute interview. Mind you, I was in high school 10 years ago. Interview abruptly ended and they shuffled me out. Felt very off vibe between leadership post interview - honestly, would not have accepted job if offered based on final interview.

Again, company says they focus on family and treating people right but after thank you notes, never got a common courtesy email to tell me I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• What was your first job in high school?   Answer Question
    • walk me through your life from high school until now   Answer Question
    • How did college prepare you for this job? (Mind you I am 5 years out of college)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.