Lancaster University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Lancaster University Interview Questions

Interviews at Lancaster University

2.4

Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University in January-2018.

Interview

Very poor communication. The interview date and process was not advertised, and I had to clarify ambiguous instructions in emails. The interview invitation was sent 7 days before the interview. Then, 3 days following the invitation I was informed that there would be a second stage to the process, to be done in the same week. This meant I had to change my (short-term) plans to attend, including altering expensive travel plans.

The interview was done by 2 panels and by completing a short writing task. Both panel interviews were unfriendly and hurried - the sole opportunity for me to ask a question was met with impatience.

I wasn’t offered the job. My request for feedback was ignored.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project management experience, and what project management tools do you use.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England (UK)) in June-2015.

Interview

Relevant, non intimidating, interactive and professional. I was interview by the international officers in charge of managing the website and communicating to prospective students especially in China. I applied through the university careers service and was called up for an interview in a meeting room on the campus. I was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan a web development Project   1 Answer

Analyst Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England (UK)) in April-2014.

Interview

Applied online using a simple and easy to fill out web application, asked to fill in a range of competency questions regarding both hard and soft skills along with uploading a digital copy of my C.V.

This was followed up with a direct face to face interview with a panel of three people about 2 weeks later, this took place on the university campus.

Interview Questions

• Asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation about a project that have worked on in the past, this was then followed up with a series of question about how this experience related to the job. I have to say that i was supprised by the lack of technical questions based on the fact that this was an interview for a technical position.   Answer Question

Anonynous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England (UK)) in October-2016.

Interview

online application including cover letter, CV, personal details and other information; then received a face to face interview invitation, and the interview time could be adjusted by emailing them, if you do have an accurate and adaptable reason. then had a face to face interview with future colleague and mentor.This is a 1 to 2 interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lancaster University.

Interview

Single interview with two academics. One from the department that I was applying to and one from another faculty. Lasted no more than 30 minutes and basically covered what my research interests are, how would I tackle the project problems, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explain your research as if talking to a non expert in the street.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University.

Interview

It was a little bit unorganised -- although I had signed in, they thought I hadn't showed, so when everyone was told interviews were almost over, I had to point out that I hadn't had one yet. Someone had to quickly perform an interview with me, which was pretty good based on the fact they hadn't prepared for it at all. It was very relaxed, just like a discussion rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between physics, maths and philosophy?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University.

Interview

Interview questions are quite standard like why you join the project, what are your background, how would you cope with challenges and difficult situations. I find it rather easy to cope with. The main thing they would like to find out is whether you would fit the group or not.

Interview Questions

• It is rather standard questions on your background, skills, motivation to join the project.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England (UK)) in January-2017.

Interview

3 staff in the project interviewed me through skype. I was given a task to solve about a week ahead and I had to present the solution at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Somewhere linked from the job advertisement I found a list of criteria they are looking for and how each of those should be assessed, e.g. by documents or interview. And they basically just asked about those criteria that are supposed to be assessed in the interview.   Answer Question

Outreach Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancaster University in October-2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was emailed with an interview offer. This was followed by a panel interview, where I also had to do a 10 minute presentation on an outreach project proposal for year 12 students.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the term 'social mobility'?   Answer Question

LUSU Events Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lancaster University (Lancaster, England (UK)) in June-2012.

Interview

From what I remember, I submitted my application online together with my CV and covering letter. I was then invited to a group interview, which consisted of introductions to break the ice, a number of leadership exercises and short individual interviews where they asked about previous work experience and checked that your expectations of the job were realistic.

Interview Questions

• Much of the job isn't the glamorous side of Events you see on TV; a lot of the work will be physically intensive and/or technical. Would you have any problem with that?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.