Konrad Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 15 May, 2018

2.8

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

While I did not get an offer at the New York office, I had a very professionally rewarding interview with the experience director.

A quick phone screen later I was invited to the office for an in-person meeting with the director. As someone well over a decade her senior, I was very impressed by her demeanor: warm, poised and extremely intellectual. She asked insightful questions relevant to my passion, drive and life takeaways prior to my career change, and was genuinely interested in learning more about me as a person rather than just a candidate for a design position.

I was further invited back for a third round of design exercise that took place at the office for a full day - it was a beautiful space! A week later I received a rejection but was offered continual mentorship. The director also gave me detailed notes on areas of improvement and coached me through my subsequent rounds of iterations as a personal favor.

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Konrad Group (New York, NY (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter, website, and a quick paragraph of what UX design means to me. I was asked for a phone interview a week later with a senior UX designer. The phone call was quick and brief, with pretty standard questions. During the phone interview, the senior UX designer offered me a 2-day design challenge, of which she sent the brief to me two days before the scheduled 45 minute remote presentation. I worked really hard on the design challenge and went above and beyond what was asked for, but my interviewer (same as the phone interviewer) seemed pretty disinterested during the presentation. There wasn't much feedback, but I didn't end up getting the job without knowing a particular reason like lack of thoroughness or any other big problems.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Konrad Group (New York, NY (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then an onsite with the same person, and told to prepare for a UX case presentation, but then employer suddenly told to not proceed with my application. Very unorganized company, don't really expect anything from them. Irresponsible

UI/User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Konrad Group (New York, NY (US)) in February-2018.

Interview

Interviewed with a senior UI/UX designer who is very kind and easygoing. The interview process is very relaxed and went around 50 mins. Most of the time talked about my previous work experience and cases.
    Even I didn't get an offer, I got some feedbacks by following up, which is kind.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Konrad Group (New York, NY (US)) in December-2017.

Interview

I reached out to the team on LinkedIn after which we had a phone interview which seemed to have gone really well. On the phone interview itself, they told me to come to the office for an in-person interview. They didn't send me a reply for almost 2 weeks after me emailing them about the interview. After 2 weeks I got a reply saying that I could come next week - without a timing or a day. When I asked them they eventually never replied even though I emailed them thrice in the next three weeks.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Konrad Group (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screen, in-person interview with a VP, and a design challenge with a presentation in front of multiple senior members within Strategy & Technology.

I had a positive experience until the very end, when they didn't bother to contact me about the status of my application despite specifying that they would do so and even after I followed up.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Konrad Group (Toronto, ON).

Interview

pre screen: short call with recruiter
    technical interview: casual conversation with 2 upper level technical employees. Javascript code reading, algorithm question with coding, general questions like how does the internet work as well as asking questions about experience and personal projects
    take home test: api call and populate front end with various requirements

final interview: meeting with CTO, casual conversation

asked for references and checked references but no offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Konrad Group (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Had an onsite interview after a phone interview with Konrad Group. They insisted I come to their office. I don't necessarily agree that they can assess a user's competency after asking "how does the internet work", but they seem to ask that in past interviews too.

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Konrad Group (Toronto, ON) in April-2018.

Interview

Stage 1: Quick phone call interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager. The call was easy-going and relaxed. Was asked general questions about myself. Ex, hobbies, school history, interests in the design field.

Stage 2: Portfolio Review. Went into the office and sat down with two senior designers. I pretty much talked about my projects and they would ask me questions about my process.

Stage 3: Design Challenge. Went into the office again and did a design challenge from 10am - 6pm. Throughout the process, I had checkpoints throughout the day where a senior designer would come by and assist me in the process. It was nice because they cared about your success and were always willing to help.

Stage 4: Quick chat with the CEO of Konrad Group. He asked me questions about myself and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your design process?
      Why did you chose to design it this way?   Answer Question

UI/User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Konrad Group (Toronto, ON) in March-2018.

Interview

Had a phone screening with HR and then after the interview on the phone, the interviewer asked when I could come in. The next interview was a portfolio presentation - it was pretty standard and easy to get through.

After a few days, I was invited into the office to do a design challenge (from 10am to 6pm and you have to present your challenge afterwards to some managers or designers). It was pretty hard to try to do everything at once since they asked for some user research, low-fi wireframes, hi-fi screens, and a presentation afterwards. Kind of felt unorganized cause I had no idea what was going on until after the whiteboarding session and I was pretty much at a desk the entire time trying to cram everything in the time I had.