Konrad Group Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

4.1
Pros
  • "Lots of perks, free snacks, team events, Friday lunches, RRSP matching, beautiful offices(in 10 reviews)

• "Lot's of social events and clubs(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They also don't trust their employees to be independent enough to work from home(in 11 reviews)

• "Have an amazing culture to cover up bad hours and salary, with no HR department (over 200 employees btw)(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work for a new grad

May 3, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, flexible work from home

Cons

Quality of work really depends on your project, some are interesting, others less so

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really satisfying to work here

Feb 12, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People are generally really friendly and incredibly smart regardless of their educational background or work experience - Great culture, very open to conversation and ideas at all levels - Non-hierarchical, flat structure of management. - Work hours are strictly within specified work hours (in my experience) - Very clear pathway in forwarding your career and great opportunities to learn more as a key priority - Work from home policy has been great and the company has responded very well with Covid-19. They should consider a mixed WFH/office policy and it would greatly benefit productivity and worker satisfaction.

Cons

- Benefits could be a bit more inclusive, but overall pretty standard - Salaries should be higher in reflection of such high productivity and amazing work. Not that the salary is low but it definitely is lower than Big Tech in relation to the quality of work. This may be acceptable or even generous in most tech companies where they produce mediocre products but this company is not one of them.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

A lot of growth, amazing company!

Feb 17, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been growing a ton in the last year. They are continuing to hire more people and starting lots of new projects. They also just announced a new office in Vancouver. Everybody has been working well from home. The company has gone out of its way to schedule socials and events remotely. Most of them have been fun.

Cons

The work is not easy and you need to constantly be learning new technologies. I enjoy it but not everyone does.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Team

Feb 16, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Konrad's culture is great - The team is very friendly - The company provides lots of funding for social events and team lunches - You are encouraged not to work overtime

Cons

- As it is a consulting role, you occasionally have to work overtime

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a heavy focus on building a strong community feeling

Jan 12, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Huge focus on community/team-building - Lots of events/retreats; monthly team activities - Interesting projects with some high-profile clients - Facilitates growth with weekly seminars that aim to expose devs to various technologies/concepts

Cons

- Inflexible WFH policy (pre-COVID). Although, the company found a lot of success during COVID WFH so this might change? - Benefits aren't as inclusive as some of the larger tech companies. Still pretty good though

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company that cares

Feb 21, 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big emphasis on technical excellence Competent coworkers Decent pay + ability to move up

Cons

Consultancy work - may work on projects that are less than desirable

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worked Out OK

Dec 8, 2020 - Copywriter in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely creative team. Met some great folks. This job worked out really well for me as a career springboard. I work in marketing currently, and having dipped my toes in tech/UX writing has been helpful for getting freelance work/opening doors.

Cons

Was hired for a job that didn't end up really existing, which dampened my enthusiasm for the place. Full credit to my direct supervisors, they tried to make it work anyway, and I got to work on some interesting projects while I was there. They were generous with their letters of recommendation on the way out, which I really appreciated. There was sort of a weird upper management bro culture while I was there, but they all seemed like basically nice boys. "Con" is a strong word, but it wasn't a "pro" either.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work!

Jul 27, 2020 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the current situation, the company has continued to grow a lot. They just announced that we have hired 100 new people so far this year. I feel lucky to be working at a place like this while hearing about all of the layoffs. We work with a lot of big cool companies which is great, our work has a lot of impact. The company has remote socials and events to keep the team engaged during Covid! This is a group of the nicest and smartest people that I have met under one roof. I think this place has a bright future.

Cons

Project crunch time can be tough and hard work but there are also times when things are slow as you wait on clients, etc. I think this is just the nature of being in tech.

9. 5.0

Learning with good people

Sep 18, 2019 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've had a great experience so far. When I started I was pretty new out of school and Konrad set me up with a senior developer who helped show me the ropes. I've learned a lot over the past year and I've gotten to work with some people who have become my friends. I've had the chance to work on monolithic builds and learn some new technologies along the way. There are all of the standard tech company perks (stocked kitchen, video games, ping pong, and beer taps etc.) that a lot of other places in Toronto have but the people are what this place awesome. The people that perform are the ones who get promoted and become leaders, not sure what the other reviews are about on here. There are some decent benefits like RRSP matching and device plans. I've had some good chats with the HR director when I needed them and she was very helpful. There is an office full of people that are there to help the employees when they need it.

Cons

Like some of the other reviews on here say, there can be tight deadlines that need to be met. It's not always the case but when it's crunch time, it's crunch time. The benefits are pretty good but they aren't mind-blowing, there's some room for improvement with things like work from home policy which some other companies offer.

9 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful teams and huge growth in development

Jul 15, 2020 - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had to write after seeing some of these reviews... I get it's not a perfect company, but I feel extremely happy where I am and I've been working here for over 3 years. Truly shows how reviews are populated by people who are angry about a bad situation, we need more of the happy employees to get on here (I know there's lots of them!). - fast paced and always learning new technologies if that's what you're into (I am) - they have taken into account recommendations like providing an official single HR representative, mentor assignments, onboarding applications, flex hours/early leave on long weekends during the summer, announcements when visitors from other offices arrive to go and say hey/plan some outings. - the team is amazing, I love everyone I work with and have amazing conversations about tech - I have a great manager and am given a clear path on my objectives after reviews to achieve progression in the company, also have monthly, less official reviews - we have so many social events, social outings, group trips, support with employee scheduled events, charity events, etc. It's amazing and I feel spoiled - I feel secure with my job - enough snacks to get by without grocery shopping ;)

Cons

- fast paced and always learning new technologies if that's not what you're into (product company would have less of this) - Sometimes you do feel under pressure to work after hours. It's hard to gauge whether it's evened out or not (some days are more lax than others), this is the process of bringing multiple projects to production throughout the year - remote work is not something that happens (aside from covid)

4 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 82 Reviews

Popular Careers with Konrad Group Job Seekers

Software Developer
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Software Developer (Entry Level)
    Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst