Kinetic Commerce Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 15 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kinetic Commerce

Kinetic Commerce

Application

I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce

Interview

Brief introduction, then asked about projects and experience on the resume. Asked about my career goals and why do I like mobile development. Lastly had some time for questions.

Interview Questions
  • mobile development related questions (Swift, iOS development, etc.)
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interviewers were very welcoming and friendly. It started off with general questions based on my resume and then included two improv-type activities. Overall the interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2019

Interview

For me this interview/offer cycle was the product of a long process. I was originally interested in Kinetic Café at the beginning of 2017 and went through a 1:1 discussion, an interview which included a pairing session, and a chat including management. At the time I wasn't ready to follow through, and I was fascinated by what they were doing, and we agreed to keep in touch. Come the end of 2019 things aligned much better, and my experience with backend stacks had paralleled those of Kinetic Commerce. As we had been in touch every few months the interview process was more of an informal discussion to catch up and cover the specifics of the role. One of the things that impressed me about the interview was that the coding / pairing was a real task done on a computer in my preferred environment. I felt that this gave me more time to show what I could code than either a whiteboard session or when acclimating to an unfamiliar set of tools. The pre-interview communication was clear. I knew who I was going to meet and what their roles were, and the process was smooth. The offer / acceptance process was well handled, all my questions and concerns were quickly and completely addressed. The on-boarding process was really thoughtfully prepared. I was able to get most of the administration dealt with in the days before I joined, and the process of getting me ready to do productive work (laptop set up, credentials, email, calendaring, etc.) was fast and effective. I am impressed by how well the team at Kinetic Commerce handled the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2019

Interview

They contacted me and asked for a talk. After a talk with their HR person I was invited to a personal onsite interview. I was told there will be a CTO for 30 minutes or so, then two directors of something, and then a more technical part with 3 mobile developers. When I came to the office none of those persons in the list were there. Instead I was met by just one developer with whom I had a talk with lots of technical questions and tasks for almost two hours. I solved all the tasks and answered all questions and that was it, he said they will contact me in a day or two. A week later no feedback. I wrote to their HR and got a standard reply that "team felt I'm not a perfect match". What team she was talking about I have no idea as instead of a team I just talked to one random guy. Quite bizarre experience.

Interview Questions
  • A bunch of mobile development related questions and few technical tasks like to find a bug in the code or to come up with the math for animation

Kinetic Commerce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce

Interview

I had a phone screen, very short. They didn't even ask about my work experience. All questions were regarding my availability for work, in which I denoted that I was pretty flexible. One week later or so when I checked with the interviewer, they told me they found someone with a better suited experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2017

Interview

I had the phone screen first and then the on site interview. The phone screen took 15 minutes and on site took about 1 hour. On site I had to talk with the Director and we talked about my background and about the company. After that, I had a technical interview that I need to do a test.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my experience in previous jobs, and I had a test to code and find the solution. I used Java, but you can use any language.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2017

Interview

Overall very smooth process. Starts off with a standard conversation with the HR to get to know you and to better understand the role. If all goes well, you are invited to meet with two execs (behavioral interview) followed by a more technical interview with the engineering team. Overall, Kinetic is very transparent throughout the whole interview process and feedback!

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm question, followed by a more architectural question. Know your complexities, memory, running time etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON)

Interview

My phone interview with the Talent Specialist was a bit confusing. The Talent Specialist sounded tired from the start, mentioning her day has been very busy. She asked me only two very basic questions, and then asked about the questions I may have. After answering to my first question, she immediately wrapped up the interview by explaining the next step of the hiring process. It was confusing to see her trying to hang up so quickly because there was not enough time for her to dislike me. I applied with such great interest and enthusiasm about Kinetic Cafe. Since I was confident that my skills and experiences are a great match for the opportunity, I was very excited to have a chat with her. With this phone interview, I was hoping to get a chance to prove myself and learn more about the company; however, my experience was quite sad and disappointing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2017

Interview

I found the job post on LinkedIn and applied through the company website. A week later, I had a phone interview with the Talent Specialist, who asked me some standard interview questions (why I am interested in the company, my background) as well as asking me to speak through my work. I had an in-person interview with the Creative Strategist and another member of the design team where I presented my portfolio, completed a small design challenge and answered a series of questions. The last interview was a 1:1 with the CEO. The communication and follow-up were fantastic throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kinetic Commerce (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2017

Interview

The interview process was a great one, that flowed well, and was very organized. There were 4 stages in total, and there was consistent communication throughout the process. Everything began with a phone interview to learn more about Kinetic Cafe, and what the Director role would entail. After this there was a face to face interview over lunch to learn about my background and some of the immediate projects that were currently under way at Kinetic. There were a total of 3 face to meetings that ranged from 1.5 hours to 2 hours. What really encouraged me throughout the process, was the constant communication from all parties involved. This made me feel like I was already a member of the team and gave me great insight to the type of people I would be working with and how well everybody communicated. Overall the interview process was a great way to be immersed into the culture that is Kinetic Cafe and made my decision an easy one.

Interview Questions
  • Breakdown a day in your current role, and some of the projects you have been working on?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews