Jane Street Interview Questions

Updated Sep. 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,789 of over 1.8K interviews

Recruiter4%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

interview process involves multiple rounds of phone interviews with questions centered around probability. after phone interviews there is a final assessment day on site. The questions become progressively more difficult as the rounds progress and it is definitely worth studying for them.

Interview Questions
  • Flip 98 fair coins and 1 HH coin and 1 TT coin. Given that you see an H, what is the probability that it was the HH coin? Explain in layman’s terms.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Written task where you analyse some given data, followed by a phone interview where you solve some challenging brain-teaser questions live. Algorithmic thinking and strong analytical skills is what they're looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Phone interview for two rounds then rejected. Asked Probability questions and Maths teasers. Very difficult but the overall experience is encouraging. Would love to apply to them again. Many options and freedom in choosing offices and teams.

Interview Questions
  • The smallest integer whose digits multiply together equals to 10000?

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Lots of mental probability and testing of your sense of how probabilities move around when factors are changing rapidly. Exact answers are not always expected but estimations should be pretty accurate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Haven't done any interviews yet, but this website forces you to fill a review out to continue using it. The process has several rounds, I think a few consist of probability questions, and the final round is several hours long and held in person.

Interview Questions
  • You are playing a game, in which you roll a fair, 6-sided die. If you roll , you get dollars. How much would you pay for this game? Pretend that you can reroll if you’re not satisfied with the first roll, but that you must accept the result of the second roll. Now how much would you pay for this game? What if you can reroll up to two times? How much would you pay?

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Preparing for the second round. The first round is a 30min phone interview. Very basic probability questions. Phone connections on their side was not very good, so I asked the interviewer many times to repeat what he just said. The interviewer is a quant trader himself. He was very nice.

1 person found this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

I think the interview is hard for someone with less technical background. Even though they said that candidates with different disciplines are welcome, I do not think it is the case.

Interview Questions
  • Several rounds. I believe the sources online at this point is enough.

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

I applied online and just a week later I received an automated email from the "Recruitment team" saying exactly this "We are unable to find a good match for your skills and credentials at this time". When I read this reply it immediately became crystal clear that my CV had not even been read let alone consider it. My CV matched perfectly well the requirements of the job advertised, not only the mandatory ones but also the desirable ones in addition to my credentials that also matched their requirements so I was not sure what they were not able to match there so based on my experience, my conclusion was that either an incompetent member of the recruitment team had dealt with my application or their recruitment process lacks transparency or most likely, a combination of both. If they had other candidates that had more experience which of course can happen, they should reply and say that they have identified other candidates more experienced instead of saying an automated reply that do not conform with reality like it is my case. Although, this experience put me off completely and I lost interest in the company, I felt strong to reply to their automated response and their reply was even more disappointing not only they did not address my questions but also said that providing feedback was not part of their process which confirms the lack of transparency. I never asked for feedback in my email, all I said is that if they have other candidates that are more experienced then they should say so in their reply instead of saying that they cannot find a good match for my skills and experience when my CV matched perfectly the requirements of the job, basically, be honest. Based on this experience, it was good that my application did not advanced any further as If this is how they deal with candidates at this point I prefer not to imagine what will be like once you are in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

I gave 2 phone rounds. Both had probability questions and lasted around 40 -45 minutes. Fun experience overall but was unfortunately not selected. Recommend solving the book 50 challenging problems in probability

Interview Questions
  • Probability questions, infintie sequences of coin tosses. Look up ABRACADABRA theorem
3 people found this interview helpful