Jack Astor's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Jack Astor's

2.7

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Toronto, ON) in April-2014.

Interview

You hand in the application and take an aptitude test. Depending on the results you will get an interview with one of the managers where they will ask you numerous questions, some will be classic interview questions meanwhile others will seem out of the box but are looking for confidence and ability to answer abstract questions on the spot. After this interview you may meet with the manager and then go on to a meeting with the owner of the restaurant

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Jack Astors? Give me an example of problem solving youve done in the past? What Superhero would you be? What crayon would you be and why?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack Astor's.

Interview

They did a complete interview at first, and then they did a 10 question scenario which you had to actually role play to the manager. This involved standing up and answering questions that were not even related to serving. The manager was very rude.

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (London, ON) in April-2018.

Interview

I came in to apply. After filling out the application I talked with the assistant general manager. We discussed how the Jack Astor's location runs and why its different than any other location. After talking, she invited me for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you love most about serving?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Mississauga, ON) in May-2018.

Interview

2 part interview, the first interview you are asked to role-play scenarios and given situational questions. The second one is with the GM who asks you more standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked how you would "romance" one of the appetizers to a guest (you choose an app. off the menu and have to sell it to the manager"   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

I had some friends who worked there that introduced me. First you have to fill in an application form, then do an aptitude test. You have to do some minor mathematical calculations and answer some multiple choice questions. Once you pass that you will be contacted to meet with a manager. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Server minimum wage + tips.

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Etobicoke, ON) in October-2010.

Interview

They made your do a english and math test.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack Astor's.

Interview

Long. They ask a few questions & if they like you, you move on to the aptitude test which lets them know about your personality and how you think. Then you go for a one on one with the GM, this was my experience at the square one location. The one on Argentina didn't even give me the time of day after I completed the aptitude test , which is okay because the square one location is much busier anyways

Interview Questions

• Previous restaurant experience, availability, what do you like about jacks, when talking to the GM ( square one) he asked me to make up a story with the items he had placed on the table then after that I was hired . There was an airplane, playdough, Legos, and toy cars . I was hired on the spot!   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jack Astor's in October-2013.

Interview

I had the initial Interview with the general manager. After that I was called back to meet with CFO of the company. Then a couple of days later I was called back to complete an aptitude test.

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Whitby, ON) in July-2012.

Interview

I went into Jack Astor's to apply for a job, and I asked for a manager. The host gave me an application to fill out. When I filled out my application a manager came by to talk to me and take a look at my resume and availability. I was then asked to fill out a personality type assessment which took about 30 minutes. A week later I was called in for an interview with a manager. A week after that I was called in for an interview with the GM. About a week after that I was offered the job and started training.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Astor's.

Interview

I went into the restaurant and filled out a handful of papers basically rewriting out my resume. They ask for references and they certainly call them. You then have to come in again and fill out a comprehensive booklet asking a variety of math questions, matching pattern questions, and multiple choice questions. They then scan your answers and you must receive over a certain percentage. The next step is to come in and do a "choose your own journey" type interview where they give you options and you choose the statement and they ask you the question association with the statement you chose. This interview involved a lot of role play. Takes approximately 45 minutes. The third interview is with the gm. The GM has to approve all employees hired to the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• - Do you have serving experience?
      - Why do you want to work here?
      - What's the largest party you've served?
      - What's the largest dollar amount you've sold?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.