Jack Astor's Interview Questions

Updated Oct. 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 57 of over 57 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jack Astor's

Jack Astor's

Application

I interviewed at Jack Astor's

Interview

Very conversation based - no super difficult questions. They just want to know your personality and about your past experience to see how you would fit in with the team. Overall was a good interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what you would do if a customer didn’t like the food…
    Answer Question

Jack Astor's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Astor's

Interview

Did a one page document on previous work experience. Had a casual conversation about experience with a manager. They told me the results the same day. Very nice and fun and casual

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jack Astor's

Application

I interviewed at Jack Astor's

Interview

Quick and easy, nontechnical questions. Was finished in about 45 min, most questions were about team experience, social skills, leadership, and time management. The interview process was in person and considered your time and schedule. Finally, it involved salary expectations schedule expectations as well as resume previous experience and financial information.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Toronto, ON)

Interview

It was okay Additional education or certification may be required for some fields and occupations (e.g. completion of association registration, a professional program, or specialized studies). Within the field, students can pursue a number of certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).

Interview Questions
  • Experience in the past with a furious costumer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Toronto, ON) in Jun. 2021

Interview

Went in for an interview and was hired before I left. Lots of questions about yourself. Be honest and out going they want to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions
  • Why Jacks and not the competition?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Richmond Hill, ON) in May 2021

Interview

I was brought in to interview with a manager during the day, and we sat one-on-one at a booth in the main restaurant area. I had to fill in an extensive application form detailing references, availability, etc. then they conducted the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jack Astor's

Application

I interviewed at Jack Astor's

Interview

Should be a 5G thing you don't have the money you can I just want one last time to get a new one for the phone and then we can make some adjustments and send you the link

Interview Questions
  • What is a good starting date for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Astor's (Barrie, ON) in Feb. 2021

Interview

Very intense, with some great feedback from the employer. Interviewer was always punctual and professional. Almost too professional for a company like Jack Astors though. Definitely be prepared to bombarded with difficult questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jack Astor's

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack Astor's

Interview

You do an assessment test first then you get interviewed with one of the supervisors and asked both behavioural and situational questions. Then you meet the general manager who will go over your past experience. I had to go back 5 times and the whole training process plus hiring took 2 months.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about your past experience

Jack Astor's

Application

I interviewed at Jack Astor's

Interview

Super easy going, they look for more personality and trainability. You come in and sit down. You are offered a beverage and then they start to get to know you. They always want to know if you’re in school, what are your aspirations, how flexible are you on scheduling.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Interviews

Jack Astor's Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Jack Astor's as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.70 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Server and Hostess rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Host/Hostess and Server/Waiter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Jack Astor's takes an average of 8 days when considering 50 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Host/Hostess had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Assistant General Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 28 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Jack Astor's according to 50 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 33.33%