IG Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Region Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Toronto, ON) in January-2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over the entire recruitment process, all of which were very comfortable. The interviewers were friendly, offered a lot of information about the position and had well thought out questions about my experience based on my resume. It felt more like a conversation than a strict interview setting.

I also needed to fill out a personality survey and complete a criminal records check. The process was very professional and thorough, which made me feel like the company took great care in their decisions for recruiting and I felt very proud when they offered me the position.

I've now been working with IG for 1.5 years and have found management to be very supportive. There are a lot of resources for employees who are interested in professional development and the Company itself demonstrates a commitment to developing meaningful participation in Diversity and Inclusion initiatives within the company and for the community as a whole.

I really love working with this team and would very much recommend becoming a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you demonstrated good communication.   Answer Question

Conseiller financier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Montreal, QC) in March-2016.

Interview

Rencontre avec le conseiller, avec le directeur de division, ensuite avec le directeur de région pour valider le fit. Des permis sont necessaires à l'embauche; permi d'Assurance et de fonds mutuel. S'en vient aussi le titre de planificateur financier et etre membre de l'OCRCVM

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi souhaitez-vous etre conseiller financier chez nous ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Toronto, ON) in September-2015.

Interview

I applied online and two hours after they called me to book an interview appointment for two days later. They were hiring for two positions, associate consultant and consultant. I applied to associate consultant. When I arrived, they asked me to fill out the questionnaire which contained long answer questions about my network, my goals, what I expect to earn in 5 and 10 years later, and how to handle Clients. It took half and hour and then the interviewer came to me. He asked me about my educations and which position I want to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Midtown Toronto, ON) in June-2016.

Interview

Can't say it's a good interview. I applied associate consultant position, but during the interview, the interviewer just keep asked me the detail about the market proposal and when to start your own business which I don't feel it's an associate position should consider.
    During the info session before the interview IG emphasised a lot about how their training help the associates, which I couldn't foresee from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Could you give me the detail of your market plan and how do you find your client immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Vancouver, BC) in June-2016.

Interview

The division director's assistant replied to my email and scheduled an interview for me. For the first interview, it was quit easy. the director just go through company's history and the value if I become associate consultant/ consultant in the future at IG. They asked to answered the POP quiz when I finished the test. The quiz takes around 30 mins to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Vancouver, BC) in January-2015.

Interview

They're looking for candidates who have a professional designation ideally a CPA or CFP. The process was short and brief. No HR department whatsoever, so you immediately interview with the Division Director or Financial Consultant who you will work for.

Interview Questions

• Q. any sales experience?

Q. how big is your warm-market?

Q. are you comfortable cold calling?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management.

Interview

fist interview was more of an information session they did most of the talking, second interview was with the consultant who was looking for an associate. Lots of questions, description type questions. They were very nice and couldn't really tell if they were being genuine or not :) Second interview was relatively harder since they would go beyond 2 examples with some of the questions so you have to prepare at least 3 examples

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations 1, 3, 5, 10 years from now   Answer Question
    • four words your friends would use to describe you   Answer Question
    • describe a time you were faced with a problem and what skills did you use to solve it   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had to defend a minority position   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management.

Interview

After a friend passed along my resume I got a call to have an interview for an associate consultant position for investors group in Burnaby. Once the interview began the recruiter told me that she decided she did not want to interview me for the original position, but instead she would interview me for an office assistant internship. After three summers working in various finance internships, a finance degree from UBC, and investment banking experience I was disappointed to have spent an hour bussing to hear that she wanted me to work in a low-level job, however, we continued on with the interview.

She proceeded to ask a serious of questions that were in no way related to the job and took notes on my answers (she took notes on my parent's job and background). I am fortunate to be a university student whose parents pay for my education, however, I do not understand how asking my parent's job title and my financial situation was relevant to the job.

The office admin/recruiter was very unprofessional with the handling of the process, I am thankful that I have other opportunities and do not have to accept the sales pitch she tried on me.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Burlington, ON) in December-2015.

Interview

started with a phone interview which took about 15 minutes then had a one on one interview with a division director and final one with the regional director. All of the process took less than 3 weeks but you are required to pass licences before you can officially start.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Winnipeg, MB) in March-2018.

Interview

It was formal and fair to both current employees and outside candidates. Interview was relatively standard despite efforts to make it seem like more of a "conversation". Specific technical questions as well as behavioural.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you persevered to achieve a positive outcome. What were the challenges that required your perseverance and how did you ultimately overcome those challenges? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IG Wealth Management (Winnipeg, MB).

Interview

First interview with a Manager and then the second interview with the same Manager and a VP. Both seemed very informal. Position information was given in detail. Open to questions and answered all on the spot. Job offer came approximately one week later with a start date two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.