IAVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

IAVA Interview Questions

Interviews at IAVA

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IAVA.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very easy. It consisted of a 20 to 30 minute phone call. The resume` did most of my work in this process. I believe they are looking for educated veterans to help out.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IAVA (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

It was standard. They did not ask any background questions which made me think they knew they wanted to hire me or the process was more just a formality. The process was pretty standard in my view.

Interview Questions

• They did not probe very deeply into the past work history, they seemed to be in a rush.   Answer Question

Rapid Response Referral Program (Transition Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IAVA (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was initially screened over the phone by someone in HR. Then I attended the New York office on two seperate occasions for interviews with the Director and Chief Program Officer. Followed by a phone interview with Chief People Officer. On two of these occasions people I was told I would be interviewing with were not available.

Following my phone interview with the Chief People Officer I was told that they would be in such within a week or two. After 3 weeks I followed up and was told that they had been very busy but were still highly interested in my candidacy and would be reaching out shortly about next steps. I have heard nothing further.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you have previously had to be creative to resolve a problem.   Answer Question

Rapid Response Referral Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IAVA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had three phone interviews and a in person interview with two people who had interviewed me over the phone. I was supposed to meet more people during the in-person, but was told the individuals in Washington DC weren't available due to a scheduling mix up. The two people who interviewed me in person had interviewed me over the phone yet didn't seem to remember me and asked me pretty much the same questions they had over the phone. When they were finished and told me the DC people weren't available, I was left alone for awhile until they returned with two employees who worked in the program I was applying for. This was the best part of the interview and it was nice being able to ask any question I wanted to them, as they were really frank in their answers.

After this was done I was told by a HR individual that they would call me about rescheduling to have a video conference interview with individuals in DC. Everything seemed like it had gone really good and HR make it clear I would be contacted about the next interview. They then never contacted me, and when I emailed the HR contact who I had talked with through several emails, got no reply. Very unprofessional to be dropped like and kept waiting as I had several other job offers I was considering. I'm a combat veteran so I was really hoping to get some kind of answer from them either way as I really wanted to work for this organization, but I finally had to realize they were not going to reply back to me and took a great job offer with a major hospital organization in the NYC.

Overall the interview process wasn't bad but being told one thing and then stopping communication with me was a very amateur and unprofessional move on their part and something I have never experienced with any organization worth working for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really hard. Basic questions about my experience, why I wanted to work there/doing specific job, how I handled stress. Questions about my military experience and prior work experience. All basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IAVA in April 2015.

Interview

Over the phone with the head of the department. It was extremely easy, and was only 30 mins of conversation. Asked basic questions regarding my background. They were sure to inform me that the internship is unpaid.

Director Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IAVA.

Interview

I had two phone screenings and then was brought in to meet a lot of people. I said I only had two hours to meet, but I was kept for four hours.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult interview questions. Just a difficult interview process.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IAVA.

Interview

It's long and there is an expectation that you will jump through hoops to accomodate THEIR schedule. Many last minute notices and changes. Once you are there, there is no guarantee that they will see you anywhere near the time they scheduled.

Interview Questions

• "What two weapons would you choose in the zombie apocalypse?" Really?   Answer Question

Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IAVA in June 2017.

Interview

The three interviews took place over the course of 40+ days. All three people that interviewed me were very polite, respectful and intelligent people. Asked me about my career history and gave me plenty of time to ask questions of them. Questions were straight forward and they check your knowledge on the organization's history. HR would disapear for a few weeks and then send very positive emails checking in. I followed up after 3rd interview and heard nothing back.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but they will ask you what you know about IAVA and their current programs/campaigns. Do your research and it should be straight forward.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.