Houzz Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Houzz Interview Questions

Interviews at Houzz

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Globalement l'expérience est négative.
    L'Entreprise Houzz ne semble pas très sérieuse
    J'ai passé un premier entretien téléphonique sans avoir aucun retour.
    Deux semaines plus tard, la même personne m'a appelé pour un premier entretien sans se souvenir qu'elle m'avait déjà contacté une première fois.

Suite à mon succès pour cet entretien, j'ai eu un deuxième entretien avec une manager. Et je dois dire que depuis ce deuxième entretien je n'ai aucune nouvelle qu'elle soit négative ou positive....
    J'ai tenté de les contacter par e-mail sans aucun retour…

Passer donc votre chemin… Cette société ne semble vraiment pas très sérieuse.

Interview Questions

• Comment pourriez-vous décrire la société Houzz en une seule phrase?   Answer Question
    • Quel serait selon vous trois qualités essentielles qu'apporte de la société Houzz à ses clients?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

4 entretiens sur un mois avec 3 personnes différentes. le 1er avec la RH, le 2ème avec la team leader account coordinator(mêmes questions), 3ème était un role play avec la team leader et le 4ème avec la sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Parcours ? Comment je connaissais l'entreprise ? comment je décrirais houzz à un ami ?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

4 entretiens : Premier avec la manager - deuxième qui correspond a une mise en situation - troisième avec le directeur marketing france - quatrième avec le directeur marketing europe

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Hiring Manager not experienced in conducted interviews. I have been interviewed by Senior Management that are highly experienced in the subject and their questions are directly related to compensation processes, controls and methodologies. This interview was a waste of my time.
    When I arrived to the personal interview I was notified that before leaving I was going to have an Excel test. This made me realize that the job was very low profile and if I had been informed of that by the Recruiter, I would have decided not to go to the interview. I am not interested in being a generalist, my experience is +10 years.
    The interview with the Recruiter (over the phone) was professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience
      Do you have any questions?   2 Answers

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Houzz (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very long process and drawn out process.

I applied at the beginning of March and started with a phone screen with the recruiter. A week after the phone call with the recruiter, I had an onsite interview with 2 managers, followed by an Excel Test. The excel test wasn't easy, had more formulas than I expected. Then I got a call back within a few days about another onsite with another manager from a different team. Then after that, I was supposed to have a call with the VP, which then turned into a phone call with the original 2 managers. A week went by after the phone call with the managers, didn't hear anything. At this point, the process had gone on for 6 weeks.

For each step except the last one (phone call with the 2 managers), I heard back within a few days I was progressing to the next round. However, 6 weeks passed in total since I applied and they didn't have a decision for me, good or bad. I also see this job kept getting reposted over and over on LinkedIn. Makes me think the managers are getting greedy and want to keep interviewing more candidates and/or the position is not very important and they don't need to hire urgently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation.   1 Answer

Junior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houzz (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Short in person interview with two staff accountants and the controller. Was rather rushed as they seemed busy. Asked general background into my work experience, as well as critical thinking and methodology questions. Interviewers were friendly despite the short time available. Almost no technical questions. Turn around from speaking on the phone to in person interview was much quicker then other companies I have interviewed at and was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving a complex problem that you didn't know how to do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houzz (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with an engineer. The engineer had trouble speaking english, and was very defensive when I asked them to speak more clearly. Asked database specific questions, some of which I did not know the answer to. When I did not know the answer, the engineer told me in a very condescending tone that "I lack understanding". Fast forward to the coding interview - midway through my solution, the engineer decided I could not do it on my own, and proceeded to complete the code for me. Probably the most unprofessional and worst coding interview I've ever experienced. Culture is SO important in a company, and Houzz showed me that they hire engineers that do not respect this.a

Interview Questions

• Sum of 2D matrix from i,j to m,n   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houzz (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

One phone screen, one on-site.

Parking for on-site interview is a major pain. There are 2-3 hour free public parking, which may be very difficult to find during the lunch time (since it's in Palo Alto downtown), and you have to leave in the middle of the interview, if it takes longer than 3 hours, to re-park your car to another place of a different color zone.

Their office sits on the 2nd floor above Walgreen. Almost everybody works in the same central area, except a few with offices on the sides. There was a birthday celebration when I arrived and the area was kind of noisy, which might be distracting if you care about a quieter work environment.

One of their interview questions was quite difficult, asking about internal implementations of Java's ExecutorService. I did not answer that question well, but I doubt how it could be used in their applications.

They cut my on-site short, and emailed me on the next business day saying that I was not a good match to their position.

My overall interview experience with Houzz was okay but not great. Later on I got offers from Apple, Google and Twitter, so it guess it was a good thing that I didn't get their offer.

Interview Questions

• Internal implementation of Java's ExecutorService   1 Answer

Houzz Response

Apr. 5, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Regarding parking when interviewing at Houzz: If your interview may last more than 3 hours you can arrive early, park in the parking garage, and Houzz will now provide an all-day parking pass that... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houzz.

Interview

It was easy to get a phone interview. The interview was a technical interview. The questions went to an extremely fine level of detail about nuances of software behavior. The interviewer did not simply assess whether I knew the answer, or knew the answer but couldn't quote the exact syntax at that moment (developers look up syntax all the time and every developer knows this!).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this interview was that the interviewer, who spoke perfect English, had an extremely strong foreign accent. I could not understand a great deal of our conversation. Combined with the extremely technical nature of the conversation, and the already-difficult communication by telephone only, that was a huge disadvantage to me. I feel that because of this the interview was not a fair assessment of my skills. I mention this here because I have encountered it before, as many software developers have strong foreign accents.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houzz.

Interview

I got a phone screen from houzz. They asked me two questions. How would you find if an element with A[i] = i exists in a sorted integer array with no duplicates. I solved it right away. Second, question was how would you detect a cycle in a DAG.

Interview Questions

• how would you detect a cycle in a DAG.   5 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.