HMEL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

HMEL Interview Questions

Interviews at HMEL

2.5

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMEL (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Mostly HR related questions followed by presentation of research. Interview one after the other continued from morning till afternoon followed by lunch. Mostly HR questions and few research related questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation or you need to convince a colleague .   Answer Question

Assistant Manager SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMEL.

Interview

The position was for Noida HO.
    Interview process was OK, Basic technical questions were asked.They were more concerned about the behavioral skills of the candidate.
    The process was initiated through a recruitment consultant. Employers were positive about me on the interview date and I was expecting an offer.

I was informed that they generally offer on the same day.

But on the interview date, I was told that CEO is not in office that's why the process will take some time.
    I was given different reason for the delay in process each week
    1) CEO is not in office for first two weeks
    2) Pay Package is the issue
    3) There is a parity issue with the current employee pay packages
    4) Finally I was informed by consultant that position location has been changed to Bathinda from Noida.

After one month from the interview they changed the location of the Vacancy to Bathinda.

There were three more engineers who were shortlisted on the same day.Two of them were on low package.They were offered with 15 days of the interview.

But third guy with a higher package has being following up with the HR for one month and HR still says that it will take some time.

It is a bit frustrating to wait for offer and their after particulars of job change, all the communication was through consultant , no one from the company ever tried to contact me directly.

Interview Questions

• No such difficult question were asked   1 Answer

Assistant Manager (Operations) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at HMEL (Noida (India)) in October 2019.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of interview. Technical and then HR if one gets through the Technical round. After HR round, you may be taken to meet the MD of HMEL. Then there may be salary discussions with the HR.

The process takes entire day (9am to 5:30 pm) and is very tiring.

Interview Questions

• The questions are based on one’s work experience - Job responsibilities,emergency handling procedures,etc   Answer Question

GET Interview

Interview

There was two written round.. one is for aptitude and other one is for technical. Then next round was group discussion. And at the end there was a technical interview where the questions were very basic and i have never seen such good HRs

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMEL (Bhubaneswar (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

The selection process consists of three rounds. First Written test (Technical+Aptitude), then Group Discussion & interview at the end. You need to have good idea about each and every subject related to chemical engineering to score enough in the technical section. Aptitude is easy.

Interview Questions

• If i decrease the operating pressure of a fractionating column, will the reboiler heat duty decrease?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sundergarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMEL (Sundergarh (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

Firstly there was a written test followed by Group discussion and then interview.The written test consists of two sections :
    1- Technical
    2- Reasoning
    The interview was decent and HRs were very cooperative.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Pumps and basis of distillation column.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMEL.

Interview

For IIT students, the process is straight forward. Resume Shortlist and then interview. They basically check for the core knowledge and your interest and intensity in it.
    If you are from other Engineering colleges, you might have to give a test before an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMEL in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process was varying from person to person , topper were asked the technical part while other just normal hr ques. They dont have any standard for GD’s . They actually dont knw how to conduct GD. Girls dont expect to be selected. Each round they will reduce the amount of girls and eventually they dont take girls .

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMEL (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was an easy one. They just asked basics of corrosion and types of corrosion. The HR questions were: tell me about yourself and why HMEL. The HR was a polite person and gave time to think about problems .

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HMEL (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. There was an aptitude test which was followed by a GD. The topic of GD was also quite easy. GD was further followed by PI. Basic questions of corrosion were asked in the interview, just know the basics and you will cross it .

Interview Questions

• what is corrosion?
      Types of corrosion , Basic prevention measures of corrosion   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.