Golder Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Golder Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Golder Associates

2.6

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screening that was around 30 minutes followed by an in person interview. All in all the in person interview was very informal and asked questions to get to know you such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you demonstrated teamwork and leadership.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The process started with a short phone interview, then I went to Denver for a "coffee shop" interview where two Golder employees asked me questions for an hour. A few weeks later I went back for an office interview which took about 5 hours and included lunch with lower level staff. The next week I received a call from a member of their staff that had not been there the day of my office interview. She asked me questions that would have been difficult for most people, but given my experience they were extremely easy for me. The call lasted an hour.

I felt really great about my possibilities and was very excited. Then I received a call from my contact and I was told she did not believe I would be happy there. I heard this multiple times during the interview process by the way. So it surprised me when another principal contacted me and talked for 20 minutes and then they called my references.

However, I have never heard anything from them since. No offers - no rejections. People I know ask me weekly if I have heard anything because they know how excited I was about this job - and over a month later I am still saying no. So I guess even though the interview takes the equivalent of a day don't expect an answer.

I got an odd feeling about the interview but who knows if I am right. It was like they were in a candy store and they wanted that $5 candy bar and looked at it for 10 minutes before realizing they only had $1. Everyone there was very nice and I am sure people enjoy working there. But I was not given that chance.

Interview Questions

• I guess not really a question because I was not asked - but several times the same person said she did not think I would be happy there.   3 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview. I got a chance to talk to several associates. They explained to me what they do and their area of expertise. I also got the chance to talk with the principals of the office. They basically just asked about my background and where my interests lies. The interview is more of a meet and greet rather than a formal interview with HR. Just be prepared to explain your interests and why you want to join the company.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Lakewood, CO (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I found out about the position from a recruiter. She made the initial contact and handled the scheduling of the interview. The interview was setup for less than a week from the first initial contact. The interview lasted about a hour and was actually not stressful like most interviews. I was relaxed as was the Manager giving the interview. I was asked questions about my experience and background as well as some hypothetical situation questions. All said and done the whole process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question that I was asked was; "you just got off work and are driving home with a smile on your face, what is making me smile?"   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates in July 2017.

Interview

I had applied a few months ago and about a 2 weeks ago received an email for a phone interview. The interview was great until it came to my salary requirements. I think companies seriously want people to work for pennies. I didn't even go high but you can't want someone to have a degree and they have experience and want them working for what people are fighting for at McDonalds I'm sorry.
    I also sent a follow up email on purpose just as a test. Because she claimed She would contact me which she did not. I think it is poor Business Etiquette not to follow up with a potential employee once you said that you would. Also for her not to respond to my email let's me know what kind of company it really is and I wouldn't apply there again or refer anyone to apply either.

Interview Questions

• Accounts Payable experience?
      How did or does your past work experience relate to this position?
      Where do you see yourself in future within this position?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com. Got a call to do a phone interview. It last maybe 30 min. Then got a call 2 days later to do a face to face interview. I thought I did great. Basic interview questions. She mainly did all the talking... about how hard it is. It's an entry level position that I was over qualified for. Never got a call back or a rejection email. It makes me mad that you take the time to interview with a company & HR doesn't have the decency to let u know they moved on. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Golder Associates in October 2015.

Interview

An initial phone screen followed by a face to face interview. Golder is experiencing some changes in management and organization so obtaining an offer can be a lengthy process. Between the interview and an offer was about a month.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Golder? What experience do you have in .... (various engineering PM projects)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Long and technically challenging. Met a lot of people. Interview was done with more than one interviewer in the room, usually 2 at one time. Interviewers rotated in and out after 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you this borehole data, what do you see as important?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates in March 2011.

Interview

typical 1hr interview. Friendly. Nothing out of ordinary.
    1:1 interview with 2 engineers. Asked standard interview questions. Tell me a time you...
    Tell me a time showed team work, leadership?
    Tell me about yourself
    What are your stengths, what motivates you

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time showed team work, leadership?
      Tell me about yourself
      What are your stengths, what motivates you   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Applied online - Phone interview. Submitted my resume and cover letter online and had a phone interview with one of the HRs. I passed the phone interview and got an offer for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, no complicated questions. Some technical questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.