Golder Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Golder Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Golder Associates

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

Excellent blend of cultural and technical feeling-out during the process. Very professional and clear while still making one feel comfortable and giving a good overview of the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills elaboration (read from resume, asked some probing questions).   Answer Question

IT Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later I received an email asking me to schedule a Phone Interview. I picked from the available dates and then received an email confirming the date and time from the woman that would be conducting the interview. The time came for the interview and I was ready for her call. Waited and waited, but nobody called, so I emailed the woman who I scheduled the interview with. Then she finally called, but this was 30 minutes late. She apologized, and of course I was kind and said not to worry about it. We spoke for about 30 minutes and things seemed great. I enjoyed the conversation. At the end she said she would be calling me again in the next day or two to set up the next interview. This was great! I followed up with a nice email thanking her for her time and that I enjoyed our conversation. Well, she never called again! I followed up once more by email, but still got no response.

Interview Questions

• As she was 30 mins late... Would you like to reschedule the call, or is now a good time?   1 Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a week later to set up an in-person interview. Met with two guys for a pretty standard interview. I was told two weeks after they went with someone else (after I contacted the recruiter to let her know about the discriminatory questions before my interview).

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on having kids soon then?   1 Answer

Senior Environmental Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Manchester, NH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

After scheduling the interview with an HR recruiter in another office, I was informed that I would be meeting with five people from the office the position was based in. I arrived for the interview and was informed that I would meet with three people first, then the other two more senior people. The interview with the first three was disjointed and chaotic as they were all trying to talk over each other to ask questions and were more concerned with time than with having a good discussion. 45 minutes in I was told that they were going to check on the status of the other two interviewers and was then informed that they were both on a conference call that was running long.

Our discussion continued for another half hour until I was told they would not be coming to complete the interview.

I made it clear that they could follow up with me at any time, and if course I followed up with them as well. I was told that they would get back to me within a week and a half, but heard nothing. In the weeks following, I followed up with the HR recruiter multiple times by email and phone and the interviewers multiple times as well. I did not even receive an acknowledgment of receipt of my inquiries. After 5 weeks of this, I gave up.

For a firm working in an industry that lives and dies by billable hours, these people certainly didn’t care about wasting my time. Very disappointing based on the reputation of the company and very unprofessional on the part of the interviewers, especially since I have met one of the senior managers that didn’t show up on occasions in the past.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation on a project and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate people that are working on your projects?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Long and technically challenging. Met a lot of people. Interview was done with more than one interviewer in the room, usually 2 at one time. Interviewers rotated in and out after 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you this borehole data, what do you see as important?   Answer Question

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screening that was around 30 minutes followed by an in person interview. All in all the in person interview was very informal and asked questions to get to know you such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you demonstrated teamwork and leadership.

Civil Water Resource Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application online and 1 month later I receive an email from a HR rep with 10 pre-screen question. 2 weeks later I got phone interview invitation from a senior engineer of the office I applied for and had the interview with other 3 or 4 engineers. The questions were not very challenging. One week later I got the call from the HR tell me they went for another candidate.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Applied online - Phone interview. Submitted my resume and cover letter online and had a phone interview with one of the HRs. I passed the phone interview and got an offer for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, no complicated questions. Some technical questions.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golder Associates in July 2017.

Interview

I had applied a few months ago and about a 2 weeks ago received an email for a phone interview. The interview was great until it came to my salary requirements. I think companies seriously want people to work for pennies. I didn't even go high but you can't want someone to have a degree and they have experience and want them working for what people are fighting for at McDonalds I'm sorry.
    I also sent a follow up email on purpose just as a test. Because she claimed She would contact me which she did not. I think it is poor Business Etiquette not to follow up with a potential employee once you said that you would. Also for her not to respond to my email let's me know what kind of company it really is and I wouldn't apply there again or refer anyone to apply either.

Interview Questions

• Accounts Payable experience?
      How did or does your past work experience relate to this position?
      Where do you see yourself in future within this position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Golder Associates (Elko, NV (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

In person interview followed by phone notifications. The whole process was applicant friendly, but also fair towards your skill set and experience. The process compared to others is slightly longer.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking achieve by becoming part of the Golder Team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.