Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Genentech Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

3.1

Internship Interview

Interview

I was contacted and interviewed by the hiring manager. It was very formal and mostly included information about the training and project. We discussed my experience and interests and then was asked to submit names of references for the next round.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 Rounds
    R1 - Hiring Manager
    R2 - Team Member
    R3 - Team Lead
    Github repository, data quality, data acquisition, data management

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding resume, projects, bioinformatics, machine learning, data science tools and deep learning
      Github repository, data quality, data acquisition, data management   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

The interview was mostly a couple casual chats about research with the research heads/PIs. It was pretty straightforward. It mostly depends on whether you mesh with your program lead. Characters

Interview Questions

• Questions about research background, how I would approach a study   Answer Question

Interview

First phone screen with HR, then phone screen with the hiring manager. After that I gave a seminar about my research and had one to one meetings all day long

Interview Questions

• Scientific questions about my research, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technical Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Thirty minute phone interview with a team leader who was very nice. He was easy to talk to and the conversation was informal in a good way. Although I didn't get an offer, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here, talk about previous projects...   Answer Question

Interview

phone screen, interview with scientist, then short seminar and speak with several scientists. Everyone I spoke with was highly engaged and respectful. Communication was always timely. Overall they made me feel comfortable during the whole experience.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you needed to resolve a conflict between team members.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech in November 2020.

Interview

Phone screening to start. Then if you're selected for interviews, you'll have five interviews with quality, manager, different team leader, and team. Wanted to get to know behavioral responses and how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took a risk and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Business/Financial Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genentech (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

The interviewer asked me to ask questions for 30 mins. It was very hard to keep asking questions instead of answering one. But the interviewer was very kind. It was rather a good learning opportunity to learn about the industry and the company.

Intern Interview

Interview

Basic behavioral interviews, wasn't too bad overall. They just wanted to get a sense of your character and how it fit into Genentech's overall mission and goals. They also tried to get a sense of your experience and projects.

Interview Questions

Interview

First Application, then Video Interview, and finally the Final Round Interview (supposed to be held in person but changed due to COVID). The waiting time between each round was long and there wasn't much communication during that time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.