Flight Centre Travel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Flight Centre Travel Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Flight Centre Travel Group

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (North Sydney (Australia)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was screened and then had a phone interview in which I was successful so had to respond to 10 psychometric tests online that take at least 3 hours to complete and then go for an assessment day at their centre. On the premises, they discriminated against people from different origins and middle age so they asked me to leave. They said they would call me back the next day to explain but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• What's special about working at Flight Centre?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group in May 2018.

Interview

I have sent my resume by job application, 2hours after they send me an email to book an interview.
    Positive interview, she call me on time. We have discussed about my resume

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Montvale, NJ (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It started with a basic interview over the phone with an internal recruiter.

Once that was taken care of I was brought in for an on-site interview to speak with the management team regarding the details of the position and to review some of the work I have done in the past. This part of the interview seemed quite simple compared to some of the other interviews I have been on. I was asked some basic UX questions and my opinion regarding apps and UX problems.

I was told they wanted to make a quick decision within the next 5-10 days which worked with my timeline and expectations. This is where things went a bit off of the rails. The short version of the story is that I had to keep following up with the recruiter who wouldn't get me responses for days at a time and then when she did, I was just informed that they were still working on it.

Eventually I got an offer and initially accepted. That happened about 6-8 weeks after the first interview. The offer was less than we had spoken about and I attempted to negotiate but that wasn't an option apparently. I also told them I needed to give my current job 30 days notice because of my involvement there and they tried to strong arm me into starting work in a week. I wasn't happy about any of this.

I ended up getting another, much better offer, 2 days after I accepted the first. Even though it isn't the best situation, I ended up pulling back my acceptance and going with the other offer. My justification here are based on the negative experiences above and the fact that this other offer was actually over what we had discussed which was quite a bit more than what FCTG offered.

When I informed the recruiter as soon as that was set in stone I received no response at all. If this is any indication of how they do business I am very happy with my decision.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of an app that you feel utilizes great UX?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The first step was I was interviewed over the phone of what I currently do, why I want to apply and what my skills are. Then I got another phone call after a week to do a face to face interview which was followed by a link to do a psychometric test. After my first face to face interview, I got another call after 2 days to meet with one of the business leaders.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group.

Interview

Phone interview did not go well. I answered all the questions, gave examples of my previous experience, but they did not call me back. The girl was nice and helpful, but still I felt like she had a list of questions and put "likes" on some of my answers. Be more prepared, phone interview is never easy.

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Sydney, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I saw a position for travel consultant on Seek so i applied. The next day i was sent an email saying i made it to the next stage and i had to follow a link to confirm a time for a 5-10 minute phone interview following day. If successful i would then be asked to participate in a group interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Flight Centre?   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Exton, PA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview with the Flight centre confirmed my opinion that all big companies announce from time to time that they are hiring. This is part of their policy to mislead the public that new jobs are created and the economy is “growing”. This is what they are instructed to do. It is convenient for the companies because interviewing people they spend their working hours in useless interviews, and justify their salaries. They don’t need new staff, but the people who managed to get a job there because they are relatives or friends, they have to pretend some kind of work to keep the salaries coming.
    My interview was fast – 15 minutes on the phone, which assured me that I won’t be hired. I received at least 15 email reminders for that interview. I answered all questions positively – location close to home, experience in the travel industry, availability to work at any time, agree with the salary and commission structure, everything that qualified me to be on the top of the list (if any). The interviewer gave me information about the company, and everything what she was instructed to say robotically to anyone without any intention to hire. She was in a hurry because she delayed 10 minutes for my interview and she had to catch up.
    One day after the phone interview I received a negative email that the company decided not to continue with me. Not a word why.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, ND (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Brisbane, ND (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - be confident and clear you will be spending time on phone making bookings so important you come across well.
    Main interview is 6 hours - looking at your knowledge of the industry and how you come across . Be yourself be honest enjoy it. It's mentally exhausting but if you want it enough this should not matter .

Interview Questions

• Give an example of you giving excellent customer service and what was the outcome of this?   2 Answers

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Phone interview It takes about 15 mins. Deanna was my interviewer. if I passed the interview I would have to fly to NJ for training 6 days and they will cover everything.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the offer but I m not surprised:) since I have read many reviewers about hiring purpose. I have all the aspects that they need such as I m a travel vlog, I knew 3 languages, 14 years award of Customer Service relationship but still don't past the interview 😂
    What a waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work with us?
      What did you do with you previous role?
      What did you do in the past few years after your previous job? have you done anything else?
      Have you done anything that relate with travel industry?   Answer Question

Travel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group (Denver, CO (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was very brief, and easy. Had a phone call with a recruiter and then organized and in person interview. There were a lot of questions about my previous sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Why has your previous experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current position for this one?   Answer Question
    • What was your monthly quota in your previous sales job?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.