Explore Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Explore Learning Interview Questions

Updated 19 Feb, 2018

2.9

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Green, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Wood Green, England (UK)).

Interview

The process took longer than usual. The website said that I will be contacted within two weeks of my application however, it took much longer and I had to call them to ask about it to which they replied that they will come back to me regarding this. They emailed almost 3-4 weeks after that. I have my telephone interview which discussed the role and they tried to undertand how much understanding I had about their methods of teaching and the environment at explore. I had done my research well and was invited for the assesment day at the end of the telephone interview.
    I attended the assesment day for which i had been given a timeline as towhat would happen on the day which was more or less followed. There were two other candidates attending the assesment day. There was a short presentation on the vision and values of explore in the beginning. Then I was interviewed by the centre director who asked me questions related to my CV and a few situational questions. Then the centre director pretended to be a kid unable to understand a question which i had to teach. Once i did that, she gave me feedback on my performance and then was told to teach a different question for her to be able to assess if I had taken her feedback and worked on that or not.
    Once the interview was over, I was given a literacy and numeracy test which i had to complete. That was fairly easy.
    Once that was done, all three of us were sent to different groups of kids to work with them. That was the best part of the day!
    We were then told that we would be contacted within a week to update us about the situation. I was called in 5 days and got the position.

Part-time Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Dunstable, England (UK)).

Interview

It took a few hours. I was with five other applicants. We were first shown a presentation of the company then we took a look around and saw other tutors at work and how they interact with the children.

Interview Questions

• If you had a shy child in your zone how would you get them to participate in the group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in February-2018.

Interview

One interview at a centre in my local area which consisted of an interview, role play and chance to meet the kids. Then attended an assessment centre which included an interview, role play, maths and literacy test, presentation and group task. Everyone was lovely and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in February-2018.

Interview

From start to finish you were made to feel at ease by everyone you came into contact with. The interview process started with a telephone interview - the recruiter really took an interest in you, and asked questions that were personal to you and why you want the role. This lead to a centre interview- everyone was warm, welcoming and relaxed, yet maintaining professionalism. You get to know a bit more about the company and they get to know you in return. Then the assessment day- the whole day was fun and an amazing experience. My advice is to just be yourself, be professional and really show confidence in your achievements and how you can bring these skills to Explore.

Interview Questions

• How can you use your time management skills at explore learning.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in February-2018.

Interview

Initial interview took place at a local centre. Assessment Day took place at the recruiting HQ in Guildford. The process was very slick - I was informed the day after my initial centre interview that I had made it to the next stage. It took three working days before being notified of my Assessment Day result (unfortunately unsuccessful). Being called in person was nice and it was good to be told of the result after only a few days' wait. Feedback was available throughout the process and I'm positive I will re-apply - looking to implement and develop the feedback points from the AD in the coming months.

Interview Questions

• On the centre interview you will be asked to perform a role play where you sell a fictional gym membership to a customer (your interviewer) in a shopping centre. The goal is not to get the customer to sign up to the gym then and there, but to book in a free trial session where they can come and have a look around your fictional gym.

The exercise is essentially a direct 'metaphor' for what you will be doing as an Explore AD, for want of a better word. Explore spend a lot of time in shopping centres and other marketing points, meeting parents and encouraging them to sign up to free trial sessions where they are shown around a tuition centre. The gym exercise is all about building rapport with the customer. You could have the greatest gym in the world but if the customer doesn't like you as a person, then they're not going to bother coming to your gym. So get chatting with the customer - where are they from? How's their day going? Treat them like you would anyone else you're meeting for the first time! Eventually you can move the conversation to the gym. Really try and get to the bottom of what they are after in a gym. For instance, in my interview the customer wasn't bothered about weights or classes, they simply enjoyed running and wanted to get a bit better at it. It's a fictional gym so you might find yourself making things up about it on the spot - as long as it's realistic and addresses the customer's need then great!

Basically, the customer is buying into you, not the gym. Ten minutes spent getting to know them as a person is a much better than ten minutes spent spouting about how brilliant your gym is. When it comes to the Assessment Day, you will do a role play where you sell a trial day at an Explore centre. They're looking for your ability, put simply, to make the customer like you. Ask questions about the customer, their day, their kids, what their kids like doing, how they're finding parenting... if they like you as a person they're more inclined to book a trial session! What ultimately cost me was not getting to know the customer enough, launching straight into 'I'm from Explore Learning, and we do this, this, this, and that'. If they don't like you , they won't trust you, and certainly won't bother coming to a free trial!   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning.

Interview

As a current tutor I submitted my application online, had a phone interview and attended an assessment day.
    I found the assessment day to be really fun and enjoyable! There were lots of different parts including a CV interview which was more like a chat, a basic maths and English test, a sales roleplay and a presentation and then a group activity in the afternoon. I enjoyed most of the day however I panicked in the sales role play due to stress and it really let me down. They offer lots of feedback at the end though and as this is my dream job I hope to apply again next year before I graduate!

Interview Questions

• Lots of scenario question and about the company vision and values   Answer Question

4 Dec, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience at Explore. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the assessment day. I hope you found the feedback useful in helping you develop in... More

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email less than a week later to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview was great, the interviewer sounded genuinely interested in what I had to say. It was mostly a chat about my CV and what skills I have to offer the company.

I am currently a tutor at explore so I was able to skip the second stage of the process (this is usually an interview held at one of the centres and you do a little role play with the Manager trying to sell a gym membership).

I was invited to the Assessment Day straight away after the phone interview. I was really excited and they sent me an email with the agenda for the day. When I got there, everybody was super friendly and they welcomed me at the door. They provided refreshments and gave us a little presentation about Explore and its history. The day consisted of 2 interviews: the first is a role-play and a presentation about yourself and the second is a one-to-one interview bringing your CV to life. After that, they take you out to dinner, which was really lovely but still pretty formal. At the end of the day we had a group activity, where they just want to see that you can work in a team, listen and contribute to group discussions.

I really enjoyed myself and was really happy when they offered me the job. They got back to me within 2 days, which was amazing!

My advice would be that you really get to know the company before any of your interviews. Make sure you know Explore vision and values and their key competencies and use them to answer your questions.

If you can try and have fun too, that's always a plus!

Interview Questions

• What do you think is going to be the most challenging part of the job?   Answer Question

12 Dec, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview at Explore. It is great to read you enjoyed the process. Congratulations on the promotion from being a tutor to an Assistant Director!

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

It was quite a long process. First was the application form, then a telephone interview, then an interview in one of their centre's, and finally an assessment centre. The assessment centre took all day and included giving a pre-prepared presentation, a sales role play, a basic maths and english test, a CV interview, and a group task. It was a relaxed atmosphere though and the staff are lovely. There were snacks provided and plenty of time to chat with other candidates, who were all really nice. They told us we weren't directly competing with each other for jobs so the atmosphere was supportive and friendly rather than competitive. We also had lunch at Zizzi's which was a nice bonus!

Interview Questions

• Your current job sounds rewarding, why are you leaving?   1 Answer

12 Dec, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for leaving a review about the interview process with Explore. Welcome to the Explore Family!

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in December-2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview, after that I had to go to a centre interview in which I had to carry out a role play. I also had to interact with the children who were at the centre. This was good as it gave me the opportunity to see the environment of the work place and get a feel for the organisation. Following this I then went down to Guilford ( London) where I had my assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of a basic Maths and English Test, A role play, a group discussion, an interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you had to over come and how?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at explore learning?   1 Answer
    • Out of our values which one is the most important to you and why?   1 Answer

18 Dec, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback about your recent interview. Welcome to the Explore Learning family!

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in November-2017.

Interview

Was asked to do a phone interview first where they asked about my experiences and how they fit the role. I thought it was going to be more of a pre interview chat as they had said that they just wanted to know more about you. However it was very technical (which was fine as I had done my research). Make sure you show lots of passion and enthusiasm as this is where I was unsuccessful as I did not sound passionate enough in my answers.

Interview Questions

• If you were out in a shopping centre promoting Explore how would you keep your team motivated?   Answer Question

4 Dec, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your interview experience. All the best of luck in your search for a suitable career.