Evisort Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Evisort Interview Questions

Interviews at Evisort

2.6

Recruiting Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evisort in December 2020.

Interview

In order to determine if I was "a good fit" the hiring manager reached out and sent me an assignment. I had to respond, in detail, to six long-form questions about my background and recruiting strategy. I spent about 90 minutes on this task to put my best foot forward.

Three days after submitting it, I followed up with the hiring manager to confirm they received my answers. Radio silence.

A week and a half after their initial outreach, I reiterated my interest in the role and asked if I could provide clarification on any of my responses? Nothing.

It's clear this company, like so many others, thinks they can treat candidates however they want since it's no longer a candidate market. But it will damage their ability to hire thoughtful, talented people in the long run. Eventually, unemployment will plummet and the candidate will be back in the driver's seat. Based on this experience, I certainly would never reapply for this
    company.

Respect your candidates' time, plain and simple. A growing company cannot afford to be providing this kind of candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager wouldn't even screen me until I did his "assignment" and provided no feedback.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evisort (San Mateo, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a month later. Then had a call with the recruiter and another with the hiring manager. When I asked the hiring manager about next steps or timing on the phone, he said he didn’t know and the timeline for hiring was whenever they found the right candidate. I then followed up with the hiring manager by email and was invited to interview with him in person a week later. At that point, I genuinely thought they were interested. When I went for my interview he barely remembered our phone conversation and wasn’t even aware that I was driving from across the Bay Area to interview with him. During the interview we discussed my experience and it sounded like it went well from what I could tell. At the end I asked him again when I might hear from him and he said he didn’t know. Then I received a rejection email from the recruiter a few days later with no feedback. Terrible interview process and I did not feel at all welcome when I went to interview with them. Please note the founders just graduated from college (they are all younger than me) and don’t really know what they’re doing or how to recruit for their company. Avoid applying here and don’t waste your time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evisort (San Mateo, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Screener, Technical Round, followed by On-Site Technical and Fit.

I thought the process was very fair - the questions they asked related to actual techincal and business issues they had faced and I found it interesting throughout.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions tailored to my background and previous experiences and the work I'd done there.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evisort.

Interview

The first interview involves mostly discussing your experience, etc. The second stage, to which you progress if you clear the first step, involves coding exercise. The coding exercise is your typical algorithms/data structures, which I personally believe are of little use in practical day-to-do work, unless your primary job is to design algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Why do you consider yourself a good fit for our company.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Evisort.

Interview

- phone call with hiring manager
    - phone call with engineer
    - take home coding exercise

After pleasant conversations, a fully functional code exercise was submitted in the requested time constraints. The company declined to move forward without any additional details.

Interview Questions

• - personality fit questions
      - basic technical questions
      - review of resume
      - code exercise: code up an algorithm for determining the next floor for an elevator to go to   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.