Emco Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Emco Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Emco Corporation

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Emco Corporation.

Interview

I went all the way to the end of the interview process. After being declined I was told the role had been dissolved, even though I interviewed with them for five weeks. The process included a phone screen, an in-person discussion, a Wonderlic assessment, five assessments (cognitive/personality) and an interview with a psychologist.

The recruitment agency I went through was very supportive and kind. The hiring manager seemed organized and was able to excite me about the role in our meeting. One major criticism I have is their use of a psychologist to determine candidacy. I was turned down at the very end of the process with the criticism that I “wouldn’t work comfortably in small teams,” which is contrary to much of my previous work experience. After over a month of going through their hiring process, they didn’t provide me an opportunity to defend myself or provide references that could have spoken about my experience on different teams. The psychologist provided me feedback from my assessment which I felt wasn’t accurate, and said that “I should have figured out how to deal with the negatives characteristics of my personality by now.” I found this part of the process to be judgmental and erroneous, and was never actually provided an opportunity to speak about my qualifications. This really dampened what was otherwise a great interview experience.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Interview

What I know about the company about my university experience about my team projects about my work experience. They interviewed me about my entrepreneurial spirit why I am a good fit if I have ever taken risk about my research etc. Overall it was very long. The assessment or the first two was a big race against time.

Distribution Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emco Corporation.

Interview

Step 1 - online IQ test
    Step 2 - "Monitored" online IQ test
    Step 3 - face to face
    Step 4 - wait 2 weeks to hear back on status
    Step 5 - 2 different face to face interviews
    Step 6 - phone interview
    Step 7 - wait 2 weeks for feedback

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emco Corporation (London, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied and got called for an interview within 1 week. The telephone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Within 1 week I received an email that I was not selected to move forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions were frequently asked around training strategies, communication strategy and strategy to ensure compliance with company's safety practices   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Emco Corporation (Surrey, BC) in January 2019.

Interview

Started off fine with two wonderlic assessments and three (same) personality tests. Did the personality test thrice because I apparently "lied" the first two time and the PC manager said that I'd be a great fit for a management trainee role. He didn't want to not consider me because of just a personality test going haywire. Both wonderlic assessments were different, one was sort of easier and the other one was a longer and slightly tougher. The second wonderlic assessment that I'd done at the profit center was done at a place where employees were walking in and out, talking and laughing among themselves. Pretty messed up when someone's trying to focus on a stressful 50 questions, 12 minute test ?

Interview Questions

• Why Emco?   Answer Question
    • What if competition offered you a better pay cheque, why would you stay?   Answer Question
    • You realize we're investing time and money on you, are you sure about this sort of opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to end up doing with Emco? What's the big picture?   Answer Question

Cash Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emco Corporation (London, ON) in January 2019.

Interview

The hiring process usually takes 1 to 2 months to complete but the interviewer is very nice and friendly. There are 3 interviews in total and each range from 30 mins to 1 hour

Management Trainee Program Interview

Interview

Multiple stages in the procedure including assessments, interviews, calls, surveys and questionnaires. Interviewers were nice and supportive. Nothing too difficult. Just long and drawn out over a few weeks. Overall pretty good experience.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emco Corporation in September 2018.

Interview

Interview process is a phone interview, online assessments, in-person interview, Skype interview with a psychologist, then with the regional manager. Each phase will take roughly an hour long or more. Everyone is very nice and is willing to answer any questions you may have; helping to establish a good idea of what it's like to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs are you applying for?
      How does this job compare to the others?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emco Corporation (Toronto, ON) in February 2018.

Interview

I had two interviews at EMCO. The 1st one was with account manager and 2nd one was with manager in higher level. The interview when pretty well and posotive.

Sales Development Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emco Corporation (Toronto, ON) in December 2017.

Interview

With respect to the corporation and the center, it was very time consuming just to be told no at the end of it without a concrete reason, but a generality. I underwent a test, and interview (both combined, otherwise I'd have gone there for four separate interviews), and I then had a two-person interview, and lastly a tour of where I would potentially be working and an interview with two employees. It was a waste of money and time by both parties, and although I wish them well, I was not impressed with the lack of explanation nor wasting my time. In total 5 hours of my time was spent in interviewing. Nice people, though. Just unprofessional conduct.

Interview Questions

• What is one question that you don't want me to ask you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.