EllisDon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 1 Nov, 2017

2.3

Assistant Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon (Ottawa, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

One Hiring manager asking basic interview questions and one engineer asking technical questions. Very laid back and easy going. Won't be longer than half an hour and is not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Greatest achievement?
      Find me X and Y on drawings.
      What trades are involved on the Architectural side?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EllisDon.

Interview

15 minute interview. Quote short and didn't feel they could get enough information from the questions they asked. Other than that, the interviewer was extremely kind and great at explaining the company objectives.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EllisDon (Ottawa, ON) in November-2016.

Interview

Got a call 4 months after applied for the job. The HR did a preliminary interview through phone. Asked me what is my qualification , my previous experience, location and salary expectation. Then HR told me that i will receive an email or phone call in next few days if i selected for the next process. I received an email the next day and i was scheduled for an interview with hiring manager and The HR.

Face to Face interview:
    The interview took place in a site office. The HR and the hiring manager both interviewed me for 25 to 30 minutes. They told me they will get in touch with me after the interview. Received an email after an hour of interview that i was hired for the position.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon (Ottawa, ON) in February-2016.

Interview

Blind phone call about 1 week after applying to screen me. Basic questions like expected pay and what is your 5 year goal.
    In person interview 2 weeks later with HR and managers.
    Waited another 2 weeks to get the decision.
    The process took a while but seemed to be out of the norm as one of the managers was ill.

Interview Questions

• Ask you about your past experiences. Things like what would you do on a typical day or describe a time your solved a problem.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Met with a project manager at the office in Mississauga. He described the work I would be doing and asked a few questions about me. I went through my resume with him. I was called back later and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• No behavioural questions. They asked about my past experiences and what was on my resume. It was more of an informal conversation than an interview. The process gave me the information I was looking for about the job and was not very difficult.   Answer Question

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EllisDon (Edmonton, AB) in September-2015.

Interview

Very informal. The interview was setup by my University as a cooperative osition. Job related question were left to the end. Interviewer wanted to get to know the interviewee more on a more personal level. They really cared about who you are as a person, less so about qualifications.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EllisDon (Kingston, ON) in July-2015.

Interview

Went through my resume, and simple straight forward interview questions. Afterwards was given an overview of the company and its values than the project scope and what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• What skills or experience you have that you can relate to this job.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon (Mississauga, ON) in June-2015.

Interview

I applied online for a position and then I went through a phone interview. For the next steps I was invited for a face to face interview. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview time but waited for 40 minutes before the interviewer showed up.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked anything relevant to the open position. The conversation was confrontational and unprofessional.   1 Answer

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon (Ottawa, ON) in March-2015.

Interview

I was contacted by email and then got in contact with HR by phone to set up an interview time. I was away at school so the interview was done by Skype. The total length of the interview might have been about 30 minutes, including time for questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• -Biggest weakness. Some projects I worked on at school.

-When was a time you came up for a solution to a group project.

-Explain something technical that you have learned and know to someone that knows nothing about the subject.   1 Answer

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EllisDon (Mississauga, ON) in May-2014.

Interview

A call to screen followed by a face to face interview 2 safety directors and human resources manager. Interview lasted about an hour.

Heard back the following day and was offered a position.