DNEG Compositor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

DNEG Compositor Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.6

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I lived in LA at the time (December 2009). It was a 10 minute phone call. On the line were a supervising compositor and HR. It was a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to move to London?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Dneg has its own salary brackets and it is very difficult to negotiate up out of them. However, I was able to get an extra 3%.

Other Interview Reviews for DNEG

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Kolkata (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Conference call via skype. Questions asked about back ground, work history, previous experience with other similar companies. Spoke directly with manager and HR recruiter. Brief touch on stereoscopic experience and previous projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC) in February 2019.

Interview

I arrive at the reception, waited 30 minutes to see the recruiter and a guy came and told me that the recruiter left and is unreachable, so I have to reschedule. Left work early for nothing. This is a huge lack of respect, reflecting how they treat their employees

Interview Questions

• who booked your appointment?   1 Answer

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Mid to senior level comp needed in a month.

Minimum of 2 years VFX industry experience as a compositor. Experience using Nuke. A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting

Interview Questions

• Are you available in 2 weeks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was with 2 leads and head of HR from Vancouver Anita. It was easy going . They gave me an offer the day of the interview. Make sure to negotiate with them because their initial offer is complete garbage. Please don't accept any offer under 17-18$. As this will effectively hurt any new artist applying by keeping the salary for these jobs low wage. Especially for the stereo/ stereo compositing department.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Fusion?   1 Answer
    • Exeprience with stereo conversionand what you knowledge of stereo conversion is?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.