DCA Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

DCA Design Interview Questions

Interviews at DCA Design

3.3

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at DCA Design in October 2019.

Interview

Compled engineering questions emailed to me. I was then invited to an interview in Warwick, where I had a brief introductory chat with 2 people, which led into more engineering questions.

Interview Questions

• Design as many mechanisms to convert horizontal motion to vertical motion in a 3:1 ratio as you can in the given timeframe.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design in August 2019.

Interview

Submitted an application (CV, cover letter, application form, certificate of education) online and got progressed to the second stage within a few days. Second stage consisted of three logic-based/technical questions. Did not progress to the interview stage.

Interview Questions

• 1. Show mathematically whether it's better to walk or run in the rain.   Answer Question
    • 2. Design a winch system that can be locked using a torsion spring   Answer Question
    • 3. Design a spring-actuation system for dispensing liquid with an increasing force as it empties   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, heard back from a recruiter and they sent me 3 engineering problems, mainly to do with torsion springs, pulley systems and spring loaded pressure. After sending that back I got called in for an interview with head of engineering and someone from HR for further technical questions and general interview questions. They were very professional and direct.

Interview Questions

• Calculate reaction forces and bending moment on a beam and draw the graph, also if beam is extruded, what would be a better shape than a square for less deflection.   Answer Question
    • Come up with as many systems as possible in 20 minutes where a block moves vertically 100mm and another block moves 300mm horizontally in either direction and they must move in unison.   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online, sent my CV and Cover Letter. Was then sent a small quiz of engineering questions that I had to email back with my answers. Had to fill in my reasoning, and show my calculations in full. I was allowed to use as much space as I wanted.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design.

Interview

I met someone from the company at a recruitment fair and was fast tracked through there recruitment process. The interview itself was quite hard and was based on my CV mostly.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DCA Design.

Interview

Sent a cover letter and CV then go asked to send answers to some mechanical design questions they gave me several weeks before the interview which were then very briefly discussed at interview. Really liked the questions as they required creativity and made me think I'd enjoy working at DCA. Interview was also fun, analysing a clamp to see how it worked, and describing as many ways as possible to turn horizontal motion into vertical motion.

Interview Questions

• Describe as many ways as possible to turn horizontal motion into vertical motion   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through university and then given a face to face interview at the company with two staff members. There were general questions about CV, but there were also technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Design mechanisms to convert vertical to horizontal movement.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Two pre - interview questions. Interview went over CV and beam bending questions + methods of converting horizontal to vertical motion in a 3:1 ratio. Took 2-3 hours. Parking was available though was not reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Describe as many ways to convert horizontal to vertical motion in a 3:1 ratio   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DCA Design (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiting agency, apoiment to make a phone interview within a week. Interview was very friendly, mainly about management/leading skills, software planing, different roles in small or big teams, working in-house or outsourcing. I finally did not complete the procedure because accepted an offer from other company.

Interview Questions

• Can you give some examples where you had to use your management/leading skill recently?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

1 Hour Talking interview, walking through my CV and University Projects, followed by a 45 minute wait in an empty room, followed by a very an older sales manager who wasn't on my team asked me a bunch of example design questions on which we disagreed on the answers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the many ways in which a cars brakes could be connected,   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.