Cytel Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Cytel Inc Interview Questions

Interviews at Cytel Inc

3.4

Chef De Projet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytel Inc (Paris (France)) in November 2018.

Interview

Entretien en 4 étapes avec 5 intervenants, d’abord le RH qui dégrossit la candidature, puis une consultante en chefferie de projet pour analyser les compétences métier. Suivi d’un entretien avec le futur manager et pour finir avec un manager d’une autre branche et la DRH.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytel Inc (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

First round: phone screen with recruiter
    Second round: video interview with hiring manager
    Third round: two video interviews with other proposal managers

Overall, the interview experience with the employees of Cytel was enjoyable. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and offered great insight in to the role and company itself. Our conversations mostly pertained to emphasizing the day-to-day tasks of the role, followed by examples of how my previous experience would allow me to fulfill that responsibility. Very few behavioral questions, mostly technical questions related to budgeting, clinical trial knowledge, working with Excel, etc.

I noted a negative experience, despite positive experiences with the interviewers themselves, because it's been nearly a month since my last interview and I have not heard anything back. I've emailed the recruiter multiple times to check in. I totally understand being under qualified for a position, or having more suitable candidates for the role. However I do feel that it's best to let candidates know when they are not selected in an appropriate timeframe, instead of ghosting altogether especially after spending considerable time talking to members of the team. I hope this is not the case for others interviewing at Cytel!

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience developing proposals or working in clinical trials.
      How would you describe your comfortability working in Excel/picking up new technology?
      Tell me about your experience working with budgets.   Answer Question

Principal Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cytel Inc in January 2020.

Interview

The phone screen with talent acquisition was friendly and went well. Then a webex technical interview was scheduled with one of the hiring managers. The interview went for 1 hr 20 mins and he asked me about 100 questions out of which I answered 95. I answered all the questions I claimed to be SME on. He went overboard with his expectations and was unhappy I didn’t answer his 5 questions and he told me that there is competition for this role. They prefer JACK OF ALL TRADES AND MASTER OF NONE. He disregarded I am an SME for 85% of job description.

3 weeks since my interview and not even a response. Companies that ghost applicants and fail to respect ppl’s time are not worth working for. A rejection email is still better than No response!

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cytel Inc (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Really nice interview. From the interview and meeting a few folks in the break room, Cytel looks to be a great company growing at a fast clip due to the quality work they provide sponsors in biometrics.

Interviewed with five people over the course of four hours in their Cambridge, MA HQ.

Interview Questions

• Conversational interview. Questions were reflective of getting to know each other and see if there's a mutual fit. Nice people.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cytel Inc.

Interview

First round-Technical
    Second Round- Written Test
    Third Round-Technical
    Fourth Round- HR

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cytel Inc.

Interview

2 round of interview ..with hr round..plus screen.may be face to face .

Sometime they also ask you right the code..

I had written code on papar and project related questions easy to answer if you know answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It involves 4 rounds 2 technical two HR. It’s not easy at the same time. Unless you seriously you have experienced you cannot answer easily, so be well prepared

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytel Inc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 3 rounds - aptitude+statistics screening, technical interview and HR interview. Aptitude was really challanging and in my opinion, only those with serious preparation can clear that. Especially, deciding which questions to attempt is critical factor. Statistics questions were relatively easy and of undergraduate level.

Technical round involves questions regarding core statistical concepts - statistical tests, survival analysis, logistic regression and odds ratio and most importantly- foundational statistical concepts like p-value and confidence interval, exploratory data analysis.

Both technical and HR round were quite well and panel was positive.

Software Enthusiast Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytel Inc (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

There was an online aptitude (IQ) test at first. Shortlisted candidates were called for interview. There were two very well behaved gentlemen at the interview panel. They interviewed me on my achievements and projects that I had mentioned in the CV and asked a few questions of their own. Overall it was very interactive and there was sharing of experience from both the ends of the table.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions varying from statistics (and R) to mathematics (related to optimization) to computer science (related to programming and data structures). They also gave me a few puzzles to solve for which, though a little brain scratching was required, they had been very helpful and supportive during the solving of those puzzles.   1 Answer

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cytel Inc (Pune (India)).

Interview

Applied online, telephonic interview was conducted, personal/ technical interview to check skills and knowledge and was conducted by a project manager and final round was the HR round. Overall process took 2 weeks from application to offer acceptance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to solve one question with the help if SAS tool   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.