Cover image for Coinsquare

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Coinsquare Interview Questions

Updated Sept 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 53 of over 53 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Coinsquare

Application

I interviewed at Coinsquare

Interview

Very detailed and fair. Met several members of the team and they all seemed nice. Went through an initial interview with hr to learn about the company and ask any preliminary questions. Was given problems to solve.

Interview Questions
  • Experience level and management style
    Answer Question

Coinsquare

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coinsquare

Interview

Organized, interview dates were scheduled with admin and follow up after each interview was timely. Good questions were asked and it was very conversational. I interviewed with lots of different people that seemed well prepared and engaged.

Interview Questions
  • What would success look like in this role 1 year from today.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

3m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

147.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Coinsquare~1872665
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Coinsquare? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Coinsquare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Coinsquare

Application

I interviewed at Coinsquare

Interview

Average interview process, not very hard, the recruiter changed the interview time without consulting with me first which I thought was a bit unprofessional intro call followed by panel interview, didn't hear back after that

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your past experience? How has your role impacted your personal growth?

Coinsquare

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coinsquare in Apr 2022

Interview

One round of interview with the Head of HR. The interview lasted a solid 12 minutes. The only question that was asked was "please go over your experience". I went over my experience in 5 minutes and spent the rest of the time asking the interviewer questions.

Interview Questions
  • Please go over your experience and how it would contribute to Coinsquare.

Coinsquare

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coinsquare in Oct 2021

Interview

General questions about frontend development. Such as frontend frameworks and libraries. Knowledge about React and Node.js is required. Familiarity with Content Management System is preferred. SEO could be asked during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coinsquare (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

I got an email three weeks after applying telling me to schedule an interview for a time that is convenient for me. I select a time and date(mind you, I'm working with the Interviewer's Calendar), few minutes after I pick a date and time, I suddenly get an update on my invite. Interview decides to choose date and time that is convenient for them without a recourse to me. I found that of Inappropriate but I wanted to give interviewer the benefit of the doubt. I could always raise it up during the interview (or well, she could probably explain herself or apologize). Few minutes before the new that Interviewer chose, I get another update that interviewer had changed the time and date for the interview again. I usually don't like to drop negative comments about companies, even after reading most of the comments on Glassdoor, I still felt maybe I should give this Company the benefit of the doubt, but from what I've experienced first hand, please don't bother applying for any role with this Company. I do not think interviewee's time is valued of regarded at all. I also don't think the Recruiter/HR Personnel is professional. Dear Management, if you're reading this, you should probably retrain your HR.

Interview Questions
  • Didn't get to this point. Why bother when JR doesn't even value your time.
4 people found this interview helpful

Coinsquare

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coinsquare in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied in Early June, Process took around 1 and a half weeks from start to finish. Started with an initial 30 phone screen with a recruiter a few days after i applied online. I was asked questions about crypto; whats coins i like, my opinion of crypto, if i've bought on or used other crypto exchanges. I also answered questions about my resume and general security questions; do you know what the OWASP top 10 are? Can you name a few? can you describe CSRF? After this interview I was passed onto a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, we had a general chat about my resume. We talked about my previous experiences, what i did in my past jobs, and if i do any CTF or Bugbounties. The manager then asked if I could do some live hacking on the Coinsquare website and talk through my approach. About 2 hours after my interview I was contacted by the recruiter saying that I impressed the hiring manager and wanted to forgo the rest of the interview process directly to an offer. From what I understand, there generally would be a homework portion, likely making a pentest report and present that to the hiring manager and then, finally having an interview with the CTO. Overall, the experience was great, responses were fast and accurate and I felt like the team really wanted me on the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Coinsquare

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Coinsquare

Interview

Got a call from HR. Then had an interview with the team. Thanks god I got rejected. Got a better position. Before applying just download their app and work a bit with it. So, you will realize that shouldn’t apply. Also check employees reviews. It was waste of time applying for such a company with poor app quality.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coinsquare (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Mar 2021

Interview

I Just received the email with no relevant feedback just an empty email telling me that Coinsquare will not move forward with my process Looking at the Coinsquare reputation here and the Google and Apple store from his App, I would say, that was the better decision from my process 1 - HR Call 2 - Tech Discussion 3 - Project Presentation -> This step one of the Interviewers looked so boring, sketching during the presentation with the mic opened

Interview Questions
  • What are your career aspirations? How do you work as a team member?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coinsquare (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

The recruiter called, I answered her first question and before I could explain what I was interested in, she immediately shut me down and said, "this role is not for you." She was extremely rude and seemed like someone who tried to pressure their opinions onto you. I stopped the interview and said this company probably isn't for me. This interview left a terrible taste for the company, a company that's already been a part of a massive wash trading scandal. (public knowledge, google it) I'd suggest you stay away and find work elsewhere. I've interviewed for a lot of companies and this probably was the worst experience I've had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Interviews

Coinsquare Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Coinsquare as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.70 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Full Stack Developer and Controller rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and QA Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Coinsquare takes an average of 17 days when considering 61 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Controller had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Full Stack Developer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 17 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Coinsquare according to 61 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.33%