CN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.5

Sort:

Coordonnateur de projet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Montreal, QC) in March-2018.

Interview

Tres long ca a pris 2 semaines pour avoir un entretien téléphonique et 2 semaines pour avoir une réponse donc en tout un mois, les gestionnaires ne répondent pas rapidement

Acconting et Interview

Interview

le test est vraimement facile si tu as fini la premiere année d'un bac en comptabilité il est facile d'avoir 100%.

Signal Maintainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Jackson, MS (US)) in January-2012.

Interview

Face to face with supervisor who was very easy to talk to very laid back and asked questions that pertained to job as long as you have skills that job requires the interview is very easy

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CN (Pueblo, CO (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

After applying through the CN site, a HR representative called to set up an interview. The interview was web based through Webex. In attendance were the HR representative I spoke with on the phone, the senior manager of the group, a former manager of the group, and a team leader of a similar group.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever changed the minds of your colleagues after they were initially opposed to an idea you had presented?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CN (Chicago, IL (US)) in September-2011.

Interview

Was good face-to-face interview, not tough...but that depends on interview of course. Was screen first by recruiting firm over a month, then had one phone interview, then face-to-face interview. Once negotiated salary took over month to go through security and drug checks/tests. I think the interview process varies greatly in this corporation.

Negotiation

Asked for more and it was a challenge to even get 2.5% increase. That said taking the job was a big pay increase.

Transportation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CN in June-2011.

Interview

To time consuming and not well explained. The job was not reslly explain as in having to be gone from home most of the time and you'd know your crew better than you know your family.

Interview Questions

• Is it ok to steal from an employer?   1 Answer

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CN (Memphis, TN (US)) in June-2018.

Interview

Met with HR and Transportation Manager. She asked basic questions and gave a good job description as far as pay and benefits, shifts, and promotion potential. Not sure why their hiring process is so lengthy.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Chicago, IL (US)) in June-2018.

Interview

The interview process went well. There was a short initial phone screening with a representative from HR about a week after applying. Following the initial screening there was a webinar with pertinent info and then formal interviews (conducted via phone).

Interview Questions

• What are some types of people that you find it hard to work with?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize things when completing various tasks?   Answer Question

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Green Bay, WI (US)) in February-2018.

Interview

Traveled to a neighboring state to interview. Room filled with 25 or so applicants. You have to get 7 out of 18 correct on switch test lasting 25 minutes. passed switch test but interview didn't go well from the beginning. H/R rushed it and other guy asked me nothing. Will they hire you from another state? Not sure. Don't let me interview then.

Interview Questions

• We know what CN can do for you, why should we choose you instead of the other guys in that room?   1 Answer

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Memphis, TN (US)) in May-2014.

Interview

Apply online, receive email with online assessment, two hours to complete, then invited for interview. Mass interview with about 25 other applicants, complete a "switching" test and then oral board interview with give me an example type questions. Very informal.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to work with others and it did not turn out well.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.