CGI (Nevada) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CGI (Nevada) Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI (Nevada)

2.8

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada).

Interview

Relatively straight foreward on-campus interview. Nice people just be sure to make it more of a conversation than an interview. I received a 2nd round interview at the CGI site, and am still waiting to hear back from them. Seems like a great company and it would be great to work with them.

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was a 3 part interview process. The first is being screened by an HR representative, second was a phone interview with the client and CGI management, third was an in person meeting with CGI manager. All happened within a week.

Interview Questions

• When creating presentations for a client, how would you show the information?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I interviewed at CGI (Nevada) (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview process was wonderful. I submitted my resume and the recruiter got back to me within a day. She was upbeat and interested.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada) (Lebanon, VA (US)).

Interview

Completed an interview after a career fair, was asked for a second interview on location.

Went for the second interview and it was split up into an all day event. We listening to a panel of speakers that spoke on different areas of the job and company.

Then had an interview questionnaire with 3 different people 1 on 1.

They seemed to want only applicants with Bachelor's and they weren't interested in someone they would have to pay a little more.

Interview Questions

• There are three light bulbs up stairs and three switches downstairs.

You have to match each bulb with each switch but you can only go upstairs ONE time. How do you know what switches go with what bulbs?   2 Answers

PMO Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada) in March 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter without ever applying for the job. I was unfamiliar with the company and they found me through an unidentified job site. I had a phone interview that went extremely well. Then I was brought in for a 1:1 with the 2 executive managers on the account. I was called by the recruiter 3 days later to let me know that they really liked me. Over the next 6 weeks, she continued to call me periodically to ensure I had not lost interest.

Interview Questions

• The job description was very vague and despite me asking questions about it, I was unable to get a clear sense of what the work would entail as the interviewers didn't seem to have a true handle on what they needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I was finally offered the job the salary was considerably less than I was expecting. They were able to offer me more but I discovered later, once the role was fleshed out (over 3 months later), that my salary was still more than 20k under market average.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Each candidate will go through 3 interviews with various levels of mgmt and consultants. Then offers or made or not. Sometimes CGI has to wait for a project with your skillset to open up so you are billable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary and it varies manager to manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Need to tell them the price you want...no ranges...there is not incentive for them to give you the high end of the range.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada) in August 2011.

Interview

The first steps of the interview process was an email questionnaire and then telephone interview with the recruiter. Next, I met with 3 CGI employees for the 1st of 3 face to face interviews (Director, Hiring Manager and Consultant). The second interview was with another panel interview with the governement customer at their site. The final panel interview was lead by 8 of the government customer's team leads in a CGI conference room.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada) (Carson City, NV (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted a resume online. Follow up email with application. Interviewed one on one with the engineering manager. He was nice, he stuck fairly well to a script of standard questions and recorded responses diligently even for what I would consider the throw away questions like "describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a coworker." After interview never heard and other response. It was a slight career change for me, design engineer to manufacturing engineer but no follow up later seemed a bit strange.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer fairly specific machining and gear manufacturing questions.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada) (Greenville, SC (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a simple interview focused on the job skillset and previous experience.
    The bad thing was recruiter called and informed me they are interested to offer me a position but would take a week time to complete formalities. After 2.5 weeks, they decided not to offer saying they cannot sponsor For H1 transfer processing although initially hr showed interest in h1 transfer sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to JCL customization as the job skill set was about testing through mainframe jobs.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Nevada).

Interview

I was pre-screened by someone from HR and then passed around to various project managers for 1/2 hour interviews. Everyone expressed I was qualified for the job, so apparently I got lost in the 72,000 employee shuffle. I never heard back. I had decided it wasn't the right fit so I didn't pursue it anyway.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.