BuzzFeed Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 223 of over 223 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BuzzFeed

BuzzFeed

Application

I interviewed at BuzzFeed

Interview

It was a really amazing process. The interviewers were welcoming, kind, and wholesome. It was a smooth-sailing interview that I really enjoyed experiencing. I also enjoyed meeting the interviewers seeing how incredible they were.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for BuzzFeed?
    Answer Question

BuzzFeed

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuzzFeed in Dec 2021

Interview

First did a 30 min phone call with the recruiter and hiring manager. Afterward, there was a 5 point interview where I did a coding assignment, architect design process, and cross-discipline process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle conflicts? What do you do when you are tasked with new technology/problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BuzzFeed (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Nov 2021

Interview

Entrevista super humana, confortável e bem direcionada e bem conduzida por parte do entrevistador, com perguntas que realmente fazem sentido e agregam para um processo seletivo e uma contratação. Obtive retorno em todas as etapas, não gerando ansiedade.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BuzzFeed

Application

I interviewed at BuzzFeed

Interview

easy, straightforward. it was just a preliminary interview and the interviewer seemed a bit all over the place, but only basic questions were asked and it wasn't difficult. She was very nice and conversational.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BuzzFeed (New York, NY) in Oct 2021

Interview

Very friendly interviewers, easy questions, lots of rounds, overall process took too long. The process took roughly 2 months from the phone screen to hearing back after the final interview. You will meet with many people individually who will all ask you some similar (if not the same) questions. The process was easy and everyone was very friendly, but there were extended periods of time where you’d be waiting in between rounds. Other companies were moving at much faster rates and, in the end, they couldn’t accommodate with a faster decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BuzzFeed

Application

I interviewed at BuzzFeed

Interview

O veiculo entrou em contato direto comigo, super atenciosos, e depois da entrevista com o RH não encerraram o processo seletivo. Mesmo entrando em contato, não retornaram nem a mim e nem aos meus colegas que também estavam No processo. Sem retorno algum após conversar com o RH, nem aos meus colegas que estavam no processo.

Interview Questions
  • Relacionadas ao cargo e desafios

BuzzFeed

Application

I interviewed at BuzzFeed

Interview

There were two interviews, one local and one international. The first interview was more generic and the second was based a lot more on past companies as opposed to past work.

Interview Questions
  • Questions based on budget works as well as existing freelancer contacts and relationships took up the majority of the interview.

BuzzFeed

Application

I interviewed at BuzzFeed

Interview

I interviewed over the phone and it was overall a very pleasant experience. The interviewer was sweet, informative, and made me feel right at home. I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

The worst professional experience in my entire life. I got strung along for months for a position they never ended up filling. And despite what it says on their website (“we always provide candidates with updates on our decision regardless of the outcome”), had I not reached out, they never would have gotten back to me. I applied to a writing job but was contacted for a different writing job. Interviewed with a recruiter, same day got sent the writing test. Recruiter said on the phone you get 5 days to complete the test but I was only given 2. Scrambled to get the lengthy test done which included writing 2 mini articles and 5 pitches. Two weeks later had a final video interview with two hiring managers. One of them told me "it would take a few weeks." Halfway through the recruiter sent me an email saying they aim to have a decision by the end of the week and would let me know as soon as she knew. Never heard anything. That following Monday, I saw they posted the position on LinkedIn (it was not on LinkedIn prior), confusing me greatly. The following week was 3 weeks since my final interview, so I contacted the hiring manager who said they hadn't made any final decisions yet but should be finishing things up by the end of that week. So at this point they were interviewing FINAL interview candidates for 4 weeks. Following week I heard nothing. I contacted the recruiter. At this point it is the 5th week since my final interview. She got back to me saying priorities changed and the position will not be filled at all. She said my "application fell through the cracks", my name got "lost in the shuffle" and that if I was interested in another job, apply and contact her. I have never been so insulted and disrespected professionally. This isn't about the position not being filled due to a priority change. What angers me was the ridiculous wait time (again 5 weeks after my final interview), stringing me along in the meantime and then despite talking with multiple people in the company and giving them FREE labor, they were so disorganized that they forget to tell me of this CRUCIAL update to the job. So this TWO MONTH process was all for nothing. What is very weird about BuzzFeed is that when I started this process, I noticed 4 positions were open in the team (not including mine). Overtime I saw those positions disappear from the site and naturally thought they were filled. After I heard this news, I checked to see if anyone on LinkedIn held those positions. No one did. I understand one person not updating their LinkedIn with their new job but three other people? The entire thing is bizarre, fishy and shady. It makes me think priorities change often there and positions don’t end up getting filled regularly. Save your time and apply to a company that actually respects candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Why Buzzfeed? What makes a good x article? What would you do if you had an unforeseen situation come up? How would you respond and strategize? How do you search x type of content?

BuzzFeed

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BuzzFeed

Interview

Completely disorganized interview process that consisted of multiple re-schedulings. Zero communication post-interviews to indicate next steps. Felt like I really dodged a bullet with this one, considering BF's super low employee rating.

Interview Questions
  • Honestly, it always felt like nothing beyond a resume breakdown.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 223 Interviews