BrainStation Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 32 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BrainStation

BrainStation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

Process took about 4 weeks and despite meeting with them on three separate occasions, I was unable to get an offer and thus wasting my time. Hiring for such a low pay entry level job shouldn't require taking a month and having applicants wait on them. They also stated in their posting on Indeed that they were remote, which they are not.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for brainstation?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrainStation (New York, NY) in May 2022

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. We scheduled an online interview where we spoke for some time with both cameras off. Interview was pretty standard. She wanted to know about my background, what I knew about Brainstation, and my interest in applying. There was also some discussion about compensation expectations and time to start. I asked what the hiring process would entail and was told I would speak with one of the leaders of the department and then the CEO, preferably on site. After our conversation, I heard back the next day and was asked to meet the CEO on site the following day. Very short notice but I moved things around and was able to head down to their Soho office. I spent 1-1.5 hours with the CEO listening to his plans for the space, Brainstation and the overall culture of the company. We capped the tour with a short talk. More questions about myself and my background and I was also able to ask a few questions of my own. After the on site meeting, I was contacted and asked to provide my availability for a 20-30 min presentation on a topic from the list they would provide me. Apparently I would be giving this presentation to the Education Experience team and would then answer questions. I decided to withdraw my application after reviewing the presentation topics they wanted me to choose from. I was a little annoyed because I would have done this from the very first conversation if I was informed of this presentation challenge when I asked what the hiring process entailed. Lately a lot of these companies are using the hiring process to source ideas and unpaid work from desperate candidates. I'd rather remove myself. I might have been onto something as I see another review mentions a presentation that they couldn't even get feedback on.

Interview Questions
  • Please create a market analysis for BrainStation NYC. How does it fit into the NYC community? What are opportunities and areas of competition? Be prepared to explain your analysis. Pick 2 of our Certificate courses and give us an instructor profile of who the perfect candidate would be to teach the courses you selected. Key things to include: skill sets, experience, brands they are associated with, demographic considerations. Explain why you think they are a good fit for BrainStation and the other opportunities BrainStation can explore as a result of a relationship with their company. Include your 'opening pitch' to them of why we think they would be a good fit and how you would describe the BrainStation Instructor role.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,890

960 Comments

Teachers

160.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=BrainStation~797451
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BrainStation (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2021

Interview

Starts with a phone interview followed by an HR interview, then a zoom video call interview where you discuss your experiences/how well you communicate as well as any other skills that would suit the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BrainStation

Application

I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

Got through three rounds of video interviews, the first two were straightforward and felt that they went well. The third was a presentation about the company, after which I was told I was unsuccessful but given no feedback despite requesting it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BrainStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

Quick Interview with a recruiter. Fairly standard behavioral questions. Emphasis on cold call sales and previous business development experience. Wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary. Like me, probably not for you if you don't have real sales experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BrainStation

Application

I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

It was a positive overall experience, very friendly interviewer. Was descriptive in explaining the role and they answered all my questions as well. They asked the generic interview questions of "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be a part of the company", and then moved onto some scenario questions and capped it off with more description regarding the role itself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BrainStation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

Short interview with a founder. We discussed my 2 plus years experience teaching in my field as well as my enthusiasm about the idea of returning to teaching. Their feedback: I didn't seem "sold" on the idea of teaching. Amazing. Perhaps he confused me with someone else?

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about brainStation?

BrainStation

Application

I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

Very straight forward and emphasizing communication/interpersonal skills. Very engaging and the interview was treating more as a conversation than an actual interview. I started early on so the interview was not as stringent.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for BrainStation.

BrainStation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BrainStation in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviewer seemed so extremely bored and annoyed with the process of interviewing that I was immediately put off. He had difficulty answering my questions about some of the pain points the position might have, almost like he didn't know what the job entailed. To top it off, I was promised a response within a certain time frame and never got it until about a week and a half after the fact. I get that I was overqualified but I still deserve a response within the time given.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BrainStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrainStation

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter where I was asked general questions about my experience. Asked questions about what my education and teaching experience has been. Followed by a take-home assignment where I was asked to do a systems design

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to do a systems design for a voting based question
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews

BrainStation Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at BrainStation as 29.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.44 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Coordinator, Education Experience and Education Experience Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Campus Coordinator and Learning Advisor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at BrainStation takes an average of 29 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Product Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas OFFICE SPECIALIST roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at BrainStation according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.00%