Boots Opticians Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Boots Opticians Interview Questions

Interviews at Boots Opticians

2.5

Optical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots Opticians.

Interview

I was invited for the interview in store. Two of the assistant managers were present. Fairly casual. Only had to go to my local store, where the position was located.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians.

Interview

Applied online. Standard questions, ask your availability, and any holiday booked and can you work evenings/weekends. then a shop floor trial straight after shadowing someone. Got a phone call offering me the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why do you want to work for ___?   Answer Question

Trainee Optical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview a couple days later. The interview was done by one of the managers. Really easy questions and was made to feel calm and relaxed

Trainee Optical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Halifax, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email 2 days later telling me that they had run out of interview slots and that my application was to be put on the reserve list. Just over 1 week later, I was invited to an interview and had to book my time online.

The interview then followed and was your standard face-to-face interview with 2 of the clinic managers and was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why Boots Opticians?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with angry customers?   1 Answer
    • How would you manage the line between the customer service & sales aspect as well as the clinical aspect?   1 Answer
    • 2/3 questions regarding your current employment and what that job is like and how it relates to the role.   Answer Question

Apprentice Optical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots Opticians in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete online assessments and found them quite difficult but managed to get through them anyway. They were based on customer focused questions and your personality. I was invited to a 1-1 interview at the store.

Interview was very pleasant besides the wait adding to my nerves! I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager who were both very lovely. They took me into a back room where they don’t normally do interviews and told me about the job. Then I was told they would get back to me by the end of the week/early next weeks via phone. However, I instead received an email saying I didn’t get the position and no feedback will be offered either. All interview questions were competency based and focused on examples of times you have done something relating to the question — quite difficult for those with little/no experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer
    • When have you worked in a team   1 Answer

Trainee Optical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Got the feeling that they had forgotten I was coming (initially from the interviewer having the interview questions on a post-it note, and after being hired, from a staff member confirming they weren't prepared for me).

Had a little chat and asked some brief questions about competitors and customer service, nothing too difficult. After this I was taken out on the shop floor with another staff member to hand out leaflets and attract new customers.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians in January 2019.

Interview

Had to take some online compatibility tests as well as questions concerning "What if?" in the practice. Was then invited to a 40 minute interview a week later where I was asked a plethora of questions concerning my wants and need from the position, where I'd see myself, my background and tests, and some questions about theoretical situations. Additionally was asked to work on the practice floor to see how one would act during actual service. Afterwards was asked to come back for more on the job hands-on testing and learning a week later, and was made an offer that afternoon

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you think you would deal with customers if it is getting rather busy and queues are starting to become noticeable?   Answer Question

Optometrist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots Opticians.

Interview

phone chat to find out about me then was booked for an interview with store manager at the store..competrncy based questions, then had a tour and discussed salaray and availability

Trainee Optical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bromwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (West Bromwich, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied on the Boots website. Filled out a few questions and uploaded a CV. I got an email over a week later saying they’d like to meet me and to pick out a time slot online. I went in the morning of. The staff were very friendly as was the Optician/manager who did the interview. And I got to sit in the chair.
    I left thinking I hadn’t got it but I got a call a few days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions along with questions like name a time you’ve had to lead a team and how you coped with it. I was in there for a little over an hour. Not difficult but there were a lot of questions.   1 Answer

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fareham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Fareham, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Sloppy. Myself and the assistant manager had to wait for another staff member to join the interview which already started. And when she did arrive she seemed disinterested. They both took turns asking the questions with large amount of silence in between because I assume they weren’t prepared... It was very awkward! In fact I was glad not to get this job as they are already looking to fill this role after hiring the first time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain a complex process to someone that had no knowledge of the subject.

The rest were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.