Baker Tilly Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Baker Tilly Canada

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The two managers kept reading from scripts. No engagement, no opportunity for flow. I had to follow up with them to get an update after my interview. They stalled and did not provide an update. Obviously they were in negotiations with the preferred candidate. I withdrew from the process shortly after my interview. While I may not have been 'the candidate', and that is fine, I can accept that, it was their lack of respect towards me and overall ability to engage speaks volumes about their culture. Even if I had an offer from them, I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Typical boring interview questions that did not engage.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Edmonton, AB) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a four month contract position. The interview was quick, it took less than 15 minutes. Only a few questions like tell me about yourself; what's your favorite course at school.

Intermediate Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Toronto, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I met with two managers and an HR Rep. Most of the questions were behaviourial as to how I would deal with various audit situations. I heard back after a week and a half and had an offer

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would start a new section of an audit file that I haven't done before   Answer Question

Intermediate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Toronto, ON) in December 2016.

Interview

- I applied through an agency(not sure if I can disclose the agency's name)
    - Agency had 2 interviews, one with their senior and the other with the director/vice-president of staffing.
    - 2 interviews, 1 st interview with HR, second with the partner and manager

Interview Questions

• - Strength and weaknesses
      - What type of sections have you worked on? high risk/low risk?
      - Audit procedures for inventory, valuation assertion?
      - Future career plans
      - What types of qualities do you see in a person that you want to work for? vice-versa   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Windsor, ON) in November 2016.

Interview

This was an interview process for a Financial Controller position at an IT company. The 3rd interview with the outside auditor. The first interview was with the President. The second interview not only included the President but also included the CEO/Owner and his wife. Once it passed this process I needed to meet with their outside auditor who had a list of questions that only took 20 minutes..

Interview Questions

• Q How do you handle the word NO?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Calgary, AB) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a letter and then a call from the HR to schedule an interview. Got a time , went in to interview with a partner and senior manager. Interview was fairly easy, mostly behavioural based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone was being unethical and how did yu handle that situation.   Answer Question

CPA Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Deer, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Red Deer, AB) in September 2016.

Interview

CB Red Deer wants to attract candidates that are willing to relocate to the central Alberta city with interest in a rewarding career in public practice accounting. The recruiting team included two managers, and two partners invited me to interview at their office with one partner and one manager. After the interview, I was invited back to attend a recruiting event / informal second interview where I met some of the staff and learned what it would be like to work with the firm.

Intermediate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Toronto, ON) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the company website and asked someone in my network for a referral. I was first contacted by phone by an HR representative. About two weeks later, I saw three anonymous profile views by members using linked in premium. Then I was called into the office for an in person interview. There were three people present, HR and two managers. After that, I received an offer. The whole process took 1-1.5 months. Because of the long duration and long breaks of contact, at points I thought I was no longer being considered for the opportunity.

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Toronto, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

Get the interview with Senior manager of the team. Interviewer is very friendly and honest. The interview was scheduled for 45min, but actually it only took less than 30min. Interview questions are very straight forward. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and your previous experiences, because it is a junior position.

Interview Questions

• easy behaviour questions.
      What motivates you? Why accounting?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Canada (Vancouver, BC) in January 2016.

Interview

1 HR general overview interview, followed by managerial staff. General behavioral questions which were't complex. Talked about experiences and process in different roles, whats important to me, and where my strengths would lie

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.