BB&T Interview Questions

Updated 2 Feb, 2016

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T in January-2016.

Interview

It was for the position of doing cold calls for clients that weren't big clients and knew you would be calling. The were looking for someone to be hire immediately and I couldn't. She asked me questions, and then let me know why she asked them. They were concerns or worries from the "personally" assessment I had taken. So know that a question could be about something that you didn't score "well" on or stuck out as a concern to them.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I handled rejection.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Charlottesville, VA (US)).

Interview

It consisted of a phone interview and then two in person interviews. The phone interview was with my Teller Supervisor (TS). The second interview was in person with the TS. It basically acted as a formality, and we discussed pay and work schedule. The third interview was with the TS and the Branch Manager just to ensure that I was a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer/Think of a time you provided excellent customer service to an irate customer.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Interview

A lot of questions about sales skills, your daily routine, maintaining a quality pipeline etc. Be prepared to answer questions about your business building skills. Can you think outside the box etc

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied online and was required to take a teller simulation. Upon completion and results I was then contacted for an interview at the beach with the manager. I also interviewed with 2 other managers for 2 different locations. After the I person interview I was told I would be contacted the following week. A week past and wasn't contacted so I emailed for a follow up but nothing was replied. 2 more weeks passed and I was contacted by HR stating I received a job offer. Upon completion of a back ground check I was contacted to set up a start date for training

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Previous work experience with cash, customer service and sales. Why you want to work for the company and what you can do for the company   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered much more than I have expected

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a couple of days later and briefly described the job details and hours. Short call mostly asking about my experience and if interested in the position still. Set up interview a few days later. Panel interview with 3 employees. Was asked situational questions and used STAR method for answers. Very nice interviewers. They mostly wrote notes while I talked and took turns asking questions. Was called the next day and offered the job pending a background check. Fast and easy process.

Loan Administration Officer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview a week or so later with BB&T. I was told my info would be passed on to a more specific branch and I would be called back to schedule an interview. I was called back a week and a half later asking to come in for an interview (sent to my voicemail). I called back, no one picked up, left a voicemail. Tried again that week, no reponse. Two weeks later got an email that the position was filled. The fact that they ignored my calls is really rude, would not apply here again.

Business Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in September-2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to interview a few weeks later. Had a sit down interview with a branch manager and a regional manager. Both were cordial and seemed interested in me for the job. Interview lasted about one hour. A few weeks later received an email that didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked was unexpected - Just be ready on why you want the job   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

applied online, then took the virtual test. Received a call a week later from HR to ask was I still interested in a job and if it was ok to give my number to the local bank I applied to, to set up interview. The bank contacted me within minutes after the call with HR.

Branch Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different managers, some at other branches and some with other supervisors in attendance. Very relational and informal interview situation, but the questions asked were very pointed and not the normal questions most employers would ask.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

The interview process was fair and not that difficult. Be prepared after you are hired to pass tests and attend additional training for several weeks. The training is not bad although it takes you away from your job role and you are expected to still produce.