AltaML Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 5 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at AltaML

AltaML

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

Excellent experience. The entire process was handled very well. HR followed up after the interview(s) for post/exit impressions. I felt and was respected at every step. How wonderful if every potential employer treated candidates this well and this way. It speaks to how well managed AltaML is as an organization.

Interview Questions
  • What strategies do you use to move your sales leads through your sales funnel?
    Answer Question

AltaML

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

The interview is at least a two to three stage process. It is rigorous and time bound. At the first, there is a interview with basic questions about the role, previous experiences that fit the role. This is followed by the creation of a presentation based on an assignment. This is followed by a presentation interview where the assignment presentation has to be explained. This is followed by another interview at the executive level, where fit with the company is determined.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AltaML

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML in Jan 2021

Interview

recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn. - initial chat with recruiter - ML project - two panel interviews - background check Very positive and enjoyable interview experience. *Everything was done remotely on Zoom due to covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen interview by a current data science lead, who asked bunch of simple ML questions around cross validation, bias variance trade off etc. I was not contacted by any Human resource staff for the position. Post the screening round, I was handed over a simple take home assignment to solve and I gave my best attempt to submit the solution in less than 4 days and including some of the best models and with best performance, However, I never received any feedback/appreciation for the submission. After couple of weeks, the same data science lead sent me a mail stating they are not moving forward with my candidacy. I believe its an unprofessional approach to not include a Hr professional in the recruitment, The lady who conduced my interview seemed to have less knowledge and industry experience than myself and I strongly suspect the take home assignment was nothing more than a fishing effort to collect a set of code references from a number of candidates.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML (Edmonton, AB) in Jan 2020

Interview

- 1:1 chat with a senior team member going through the experiences and some general technical questions - ML project as a coding task that took about a week to complete - Interview with VP, HR, and Team Lead, general behavioural questions about teamwork, project delivery. Technical questions to check deep theoretical knowledge

Interview Questions
  • How do you convince your team lead that the model you developed is ready?
2 people found this interview helpful