AltaML Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at AltaML

AltaML

Application

I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

It was pretty well-structured. It took about 1.5 months in total with about almost two weeks between each phase. They sent email in each step. Their HR manager was very coperative.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Tell me about some of your previous projects
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2021

Interview

I was sent an email from the hiring manager with a scheduling app to pick my interview slot. The interview was not too difficult, had standard questions and seemed to go pretty well, in my opinion. The questions, however, felt like they were more meant for non-internship roles. After the interview, I followed up with the hiring manager with a thank you email but never received a reply. During the interview, she said that by the end-of-week I would receive feedback on whether or not I would move to the next round but heard nothing whatsoever. It would have been nice to have received a short email of some sort to understand what they were looking for and why I was not selected to move on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

AltaML

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

Scheduled an interview with HR based on mutual availability. Also emailed her about the time slot I picked in the scheduling app just in case they didn't receive the automated email. But... the HR didn't show up and there was no follow-up. Do not waste your time with this company. Medium tenure on LinkedIn is 0.8 yrs. Not worth it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML (Edmonton, AB) in Sep 2021

Interview

Really easy-going, not very technical. The HR lady was very nice and accomodating. The interview itself was a very simple 2 stage process, fairly straightforward. Got the call in a few days following the interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AltaML

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

A 60-minute online test through imocha, with very specific questions about statistics that had to be answered quickly. 15 minutes for each of the 2 multiple choice sections, with 10 questions in each section. Then 30 minutes for the programming section, with two programming questions. The time limit includes the time it takes to read both assignments carefully, type in the 50-or-so sample inputs for each assignment (you can't copy or paste), interpret their sometimes-vague instructions, and compose a solution that only uses the libraries available.

Interview Questions
  • Bagging: A) can be parallel B) is suitable for models with high variance and low bias C) can reduce overfitting D) all of the above
2 people found this interview helpful

AltaML

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

Excellent experience. The entire process was handled very well. HR followed up after the interview(s) for post/exit impressions. I felt and was respected at every step. How wonderful if every potential employer treated candidates this well and this way. It speaks to how well managed AltaML is as an organization.

Interview Questions
  • What strategies do you use to move your sales leads through your sales funnel?

AltaML

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at AltaML

Interview

The interview is at least a two to three stage process. It is rigorous and time bound. At the first, there is a interview with basic questions about the role, previous experiences that fit the role. This is followed by the creation of a presentation based on an assignment. This is followed by a presentation interview where the assignment presentation has to be explained. This is followed by another interview at the executive level, where fit with the company is determined.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AltaML

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML in Jan 2021

Interview

recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn. - initial chat with recruiter - ML project - two panel interviews - background check Very positive and enjoyable interview experience. *Everything was done remotely on Zoom due to covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen interview by a current data science lead, who asked bunch of simple ML questions around cross validation, bias variance trade off etc. I was not contacted by any Human resource staff for the position. Post the screening round, I was handed over a simple take home assignment to solve and I gave my best attempt to submit the solution in less than 4 days and including some of the best models and with best performance, However, I never received any feedback/appreciation for the submission. After couple of weeks, the same data science lead sent me a mail stating they are not moving forward with my candidacy. I believe its an unprofessional approach to not include a Hr professional in the recruitment, The lady who conduced my interview seemed to have less knowledge and industry experience than myself and I strongly suspect the take home assignment was nothing more than a fishing effort to collect a set of code references from a number of candidates.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AltaML (Edmonton, AB) in Jan 2020

Interview

- 1:1 chat with a senior team member going through the experiences and some general technical questions - ML project as a coding task that took about a week to complete - Interview with VP, HR, and Team Lead, general behavioural questions about teamwork, project delivery. Technical questions to check deep theoretical knowledge

Interview Questions
  • How do you convince your team lead that the model you developed is ready?
2 people found this interview helpful