Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Interviews at Alaska Airlines

Flight Attendant Horizon Airlines (Portland OR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

do a resume, contacted for group interview and then everyone gets a f2f. the group is about yourself and reading PA and answering a STAR question which would be a question like how went above and beyond

Interview Questions

• Why you want to be a Flight attendant   1 Answer

Interview

It was fairly simple. The people were very kind and adaptable around my schedule. Also the training was fairly easy. The people at my station were pretty cool. It wasn’t too difficult, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company?   1 Answer

Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

There was initial soft skills interview with HR, very simple questions, lasted 20 or so minutes. And then about 2 weeks later I had a longer, hour long interview with the Test engineer heads. Great interview, seemed very interested and were very enthusiastic in talking to me. No technical questions.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Was a good experience nd could tell that they were looking for a person with more experience, which is fair. Was told to keep in touch but I likely wont be doing that.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The Overall experience started off bad when the recruiter pushed my in person interview for the very next day. When I arrived the hiring manager was a half hour late and not once apologize for my time. He proceeded to harass me because I didn't bring a notebook to the interview asking "you didn't bring a note book?!"

Throughout the very beginning of the interview he made it obvious he wasn't intending on hiring me by laughing at my responses and making me second guess myself by saying "you sure that's how you want to answer that?!" we ended the interview with me asking him to clarify what kind of position it was. at that point he mentioned how he was looking for a "professional" and basically he didn't consider me a professional(I've been working in Logistics 10 years) Someone like him should NOT be in HR. Ill never apply for Alaska Again the way he made me feel small and inadequate.

Interview Questions

Alaska Airlines Response

Jun. 18, 2020

We are sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience in the interview process. Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking into improving the process and will look into this. We invite you to consider future opportunities with us down the road. If you would like to share more details about your experience please send an email to careers@alaskaair.com

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks from the time I applied, to the time I was invited to a F2F interview, with a video interview in between. After one week, I received an email for a video interview. For this, I recorded answers in a one-minute time frame to questions displayed on my screen. There were 7 questions mostly about conflict resolution, problem solving, and people skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received negative feedback from a customer, and how you responded to this?   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2020.

Interview

My employer submitted my profile to a vendor then it was forwarded to Alaska Airlines. It was a contractor position regarding .Net development. They wanted to migrate some APIs onto Azure. They have three rounds of interviews totally. First round I chatted with the manager of the vendor team. He introduced the project and asked me about my past experience as well as some basics questions. The second round was with the manager of software solutions. He gave me a coding project to complete before the final round. The final round was to meet with other team members who worked on the project. After the last round, the company decided to freeze the hiring process due to COVID-19.

Interview Questions

• They gave an access to a database on Azure SQL. You need to build a web API within .Net Core or .Net Framework to retrieve the data.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Boise, ID (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was very disorganized and took two hours longer than it was supposed to. Besides that when I was finally interviewed then things went smoothly. The only thing I would recommend is maybe less people when they do a group hire, or have more time slots or days available to shorten the wait time.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a month later. Went on to a video interview and then was asked to fly to Seattle for an in person interview. The in person interview lasted about 6 hours. This consisted of a group interview and a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Quick overview of the position and what will be required
    short 5-10 minute break (to decide whether its for you or not)
    Group Interview (they are observing your interactions from the moment you walk in the room)
    Split into groups and ask questions regarding your life/work experiences
    Fun group activity
    Than everyone is then seated and subject to a one on one (or two) interview

Interview Questions

• A time you went above what you were required?   1 Answer
    • Why Alaska?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.