Abebooks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Abebooks

3.3

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC).

Interview

- Online Test (2hrs 4 questions)

- One phone Interview: Mostly behavior questions. One question about HashTable
    - Another phone Interview: All behavior questions. Some questions on previous projects.

- Onsite ( 4hrs, managers, seniors sde, hr, 4 rounds )
    - OO design, System design, detailed questions about previous projects (draw on whiteboard)
    - One coding question,
    - Some behavior questions

Interview Questions

• The question on system design is tricky.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abebooks in March 2014.

Interview

1. 2 hours' online test -- 4 algorithm questions, asked to do in Java
    2. 1.5 hours' phone screening interview -- asked me about Hash table and a little about big data, it's the only technical question, only 30 mins technical, and it's hash table. Then I was asked all about behavior questions, like, have you made mistakes in the previous job, have somebody else convinced you bla bla, all this kind of stuff, lasted about 1 hour.
    3. I was asked to resubmit one of the 4 algo questions I did.
    4. 30 minutes' phone talk -- about the question I resubmitted. The interviewer asked me to explain my codes, which is awkward. It's simple and clear one, like 10 lines of codes. Anyway, they've been acting like hiring an HR.
    5. 1 hour's phone interview -- nothing technical, nothing at all. One hour behavior questions. Like before, mistakes, blabla, blablabla.
    6. 2 days later, the HR told me they cannot move forward with me.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions: about two hours' behavior questions.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a 1 hour phone screening.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me questions about Hashmaps and how to combine hashmaps and lists together. I was also asked some behavioural questions about projects I worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks in December 2010.

Interview

interviewer asked me all about map datastructure:
     - Hashmap good design habits ,
     - what happens if 2 unequal objects but same hash code value
     - Arrays in hashmap cells

Interview Questions

• - Hashmap good design habits ,
      - what happens if 2 unequal objects but same hash code value   1 Answer

Java Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abebooks.

Interview

2hrs Technical Test- write codes for 4 problems given

1hr Phone Interview- Technical + Behavioral
    Overall was good experience. Interviewer was satisfied with answers, but later said they are looking for someone more close to the current requirements of role and didn't mention any reason to not continue ahead which was bit weird.

Interview Questions

• Technical Test was tricky

Phone Interview Questions-
      1. About yourself
      2. About Past Projects
      3. Biggest Mistake made in life? and what did you learn?
      4. Biggest Challenge?
      5. Why do you like IT field?
      6. What attracts you to abebooks?
      7. HashMaps
      8. Collections
      9. Unix Commands
      10. Frameworks worked on?
      11. Brief about Spring n MVC
      12. Basic questions on E-commerce   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in April 2017.

Interview

They scheduled a first interview with someone from RH, who made simple questions regarding the motives I choose AbeBooks and why would I move to a smaller city.
    Days later, they scheduled another interview with the head of the department I would work for, my future boss.
    He started asking about some tech stuff, following by some specific questions of my experience in software architecture.

Interview Questions

• A questions regarding the motives I choose AbeBooks and why would I move to a smaller city.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in February 2017.

Interview

Two round. First round is online coding, mine was 2 hours and 4 questions. The difficulty is easy to medium on Leetcode. Second round is onsite interview with two 30 minutes back to back interview. Both technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• A design question without coding. They made you use the whiteboard if you need to. The question was pretty simple, it involved creating an API call of some sort.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2012.

Interview

A couple weeks after the application I was asked to do a Copywriting and Translation test (Creation of landing page and email content and a short brief to translate from English to your mother tongue). This was followed by an hour Skype interview with two of the immediate superiors. If successful, you are invited to a second 1:1 phone interview with the Department Manager. The answer was received within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to situation where you had commit with an idea even if you disagreed with it   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a great process, I talked with several people, 7 in total, from different areas in the organization, everything went smoothly, I was paid my travel to Victoria and also one night of accommodation. The interviewers were capable and well prepared, it was an intense day but certainly worthy, I also had the opportunity to walk downtown and by the sea. All good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a decision you made that you would now change.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abebooks (Vancouver, BC) in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, both were behavioral based. The two interviews were quite similar, and some of the questions were repeats. They were both very nice and easy to talk to . Each interview lasted approximately one hour. It was difficult to hear through their phone system, as it sounds like they were using an application or VOIP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a Risk you took   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Abebooks?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.