Abebooks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 27 of over 27 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abebooks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in Jun 2021

Interview

All behavioral questions including past experience regarding customer services. No questions related to technical or other skills related to the job even though the job is about admin tasks, accounting, excel and database stuff.. The entire interview lasts for an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about when you go above and beyond to help a customer? What's the most difficult customer you've dealt with?
    Answer Question

Abebooks

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Abebooks in Nov 2020

Interview

Completed an online assessment with 2 coding problems and a behavioural "survey" and received an email from a recruiter inviting me to the "on-site" (online due to COVID) interview a few weeks later. I had another call with the recruiter prior to the on-site where they offered some advice to help me prep which was very helpful. The on-site was the same format as any Amazon on-site interview (lots of info online). There were 4 rounds with a mix of coding and behavioural questions. 2 business days later I received an email saying that the position I was applying for was filled, but they would try to find another position for me either within AbeBooks or with another Amazon team. I ended up being in this "team matching" phase for 2 months until I received an offer for an SDE role with another Amazon team

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interview process was a two round process - one, were they ask behavioral questions and questions related to competencies and other includes questions regarding previous technical experience. The technical round was very chill. The interviewer was helping.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC)

Interview

Had six interviews most questions were behavioural with only 2 easy technical questions. Interviewers were looking to understand work style and look for any potential red flag. Overall, I expected the interview to be more technical since it was for a junior position but mostly focused on behavioural and previous experience questions.

Interview Questions
  • Have you had a conflict with a superior and how did you handle it?
  • Describe an experience where you let your team down or did not do a good job?
  • Describe mistakes that you made or things that you did wrong?
  • Describe a time where you missed a deadline
  • Describe a project where you had to do system design?
  • Describe a difficult debugging problem that you had? and what made it difficult?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in München, Bavaria, Bavaria

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Abebooks (München, Bavaria, Bavaria) in Jul 2019

Interview

I went trough 7 interviews, including the whole day on-site. Overall, the experience was positive. Given that I was based in Germany and the recruiter in Canada, they answered all my emails promptly and organised interviews efficiently. All interviewers asked behavioural questions which, especially during on-site interview, was boring: I received similar questions and repeated same stories over and over again. This part I found quite exhausting and monotonous. In the end, I received a very general answer, which I am sure did not reflect reality, saying that my profile did not closely matched the role. What? They made me and AbeBooks employees to spend (or rather waste) so much time just to figure out the mismatch? This was the biggest frustration of the overall experience: they should have figured this out at the very beginning of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at AbeBooks. Tell me about a time when... you struggled with a project; you had to made a difficult decision; you took a risk etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in Nov 2018

Interview

Applied through Amazon jon portal. Recruiter contacted after 4 weeks. First Telephonic with Product Manager and Second Telephonic with CEO. Needed consistent followups to get updates. Both the rounds had behavioral questions and both the interviewers appreciated my technical depth and breadth. But, it was very evident that it was little overwhelming for a mediocre company like Abebooks. Ultimately, they decided to fill this role with a non technical candidate and gave me a pass. I must add a very specific feedback about Amazon hiring process. Though the company prides itself about the 14 principles, none of them are evident in their actions during hiring process - none at all. I will be surprised if they do infact follow these in their projects, for real.

Interview Questions
  • standard behavioral questions. Tell me about a time - you took leadership, you had a challenge, you managed ambiguity, you did something to enhance customer satisfaction..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC)

Interview

The hiring process is super long. First you take an analytical test and then a psychological test. Then the interview was with 3 different rounds with 4 different managers. Most of it was behavioural questions. They want you to tell a story about what you did and how you overcame it and what you learned from it. Overall it felt like each round was asking the same questions so you felt repetitive. Good experience.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time that there was conflict in a group setting and how did you overcome it?

Abebooks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abebooks

Interview

First interview with two developers, asked questions about data structures like hashmaps and general behavioural situational questions. Second interview with two more developers, lots more data structure/algorithm questions. Prepare by studying all common data structures.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in Apr 2017

Interview

They scheduled a first interview with someone from RH, who made simple questions regarding the motives I choose AbeBooks and why would I move to a smaller city. Days later, they scheduled another interview with the head of the department I would work for, my future boss. He started asking about some tech stuff, following by some specific questions of my experience in software architecture.

Interview Questions
  • A questions regarding the motives I choose AbeBooks and why would I move to a smaller city.

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Abebooks (Victoria, BC) in Feb 2017

Interview

Two round. First round is online coding, mine was 2 hours and 4 questions. The difficulty is easy to medium on Leetcode. Second round is onsite interview with two 30 minutes back to back interview. Both technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • A design question without coding. They made you use the whiteboard if you need to. The question was pretty simple, it involved creating an API call of some sort.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews