Lockheed Martin is the best major defense company to work for in Huntsville, Alabama.

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Senior  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer, Senior in Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed, Huntsville is a great facility that really cares for employees. There are many opportunities for a person to grow and hone engineering skills, and most of the management is very helpful to making sure their employees are satisfied. The pay is above average, and Lockheed typically stays on the cutting edge of defense programs.

Cons

They took away BCBS as a health insurance option, and the vision plan stinks if you don't use the chain vision centers. Most of the programs are large, and with that comes large program politics.

Try to reach out more to junior engineers. Have more random one on one meetings and less "all hands" meetings.

Other Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Corporation Internship Program 2006-2007

Former Employee - College Student Non Tech Intern  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Former Employee - College Student Non Tech Intern in Alexandria, VA (US)

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed Martin opened many doors for me. LM had a comprehesive intern program that encouraged students to be eager about all facets of their internship. I loved every minute.

Cons

Returning to LM was hard my third year. Althought I had two years experience under my belt and great reviews from my two previous years, many othe managers were stressed on GPA's. I got a 3.0, drove 200 miles to interview and did not get in, where as my 1st and 2nd year got in w/o an interview and w/o a review of my transcript -- and my grades were lower back then!

Keep doing what you are doing! But just a note: Anyone can be book smart -- I know kids who cheat to get good grades. Experience in the field is what separates a great intern from a good one.

LMCO

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Avondale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Avondale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The People are great and the atmosphere is nurturing and challenging

Cons

it is very hot out here we should work on fixing that

great job

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!