Lockheed Martin

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.6

Junior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2014.

Phone interview then in person interview. Phone interview was mostly basic questions. In person interview was scheduled quickly. In person interview was as expected and interview question was not overly difficult. I was able to solve the question with some discussion from interviewers. Received no communication from Lockheed Martin after in person interview.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2009.

Interview process was normal. Did a conference call with a local manager and a remote manager. It was very much a management interview. Almost no technical questions at all. Once the interview was over, the next step was the reference check. They are really hard core in their reference checks. I needed to provide 3 personal and 3 business references. Trying to get 3 business references without letting your current employer know is not easy!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if a project is running late and you will not meet all of the customers requirements?   View Answer

I received a better counter-offer from my current employer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2008.

They asked me to come in for an interview. I met with three people, one from management, one developper and one team lead. They told me about the comapny, asked what I knew. Then we went into the skills testing from UML to code with some tricky questions. Then I was explained the lifestyle and how things would be.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all. They refused to negotiate

College Student Tech Spec Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied in November and got a email asking to do a phone interview. The interview was straight forward and it was all based off of my resume. Interviewer was very friendly and was straight to the point. Questions were about what your thought process was for something you mentioned on your resume. They just want to know how you think.

They got back to me in about 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you call urself a leader or a team member and why?   Answer Question

College Student Tech Senior Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The process is very different depending on the specific area you're applying to. For one position, I was able to get into contact with someone through a campus recruiting event. I was given a technical phone interview that started with questions based on my resume and was not given an offer. However, it should be noted that I was ill-prepared because it had been my first interview.

For another position, I applied online and received a response after several weeks. I was given an in-person interview during the week on a date specifically set off for intern interviews. It was local for me, but several other potential interns were flown in. We we given a brief history and background of the company, and then each candidate was called one-by-one by the manager they were going to be interviewed by. Because it was an all-day event, breakfast and lunch were both provided. Several people were interviewed multiple times throughout the day. There were a few technical questions, but most of it was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of the projects on your resume and your experience working with the people on that team.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Phone interview that did not last too long. They just seemed to be checking off boxes but were very nice. They provided good feedback. Just search basic interview questions, because that is what they were asking. They also asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were encountered with a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Went through 3 interviews with them including phone interviews. Last one was more informal and a visit to the onsite client. Past the phone interview / screening phase everything seemed pretty cool. The phone screening phase seemed pretty not-great though... a bit hurried. Got the feeling they were interviewing a lot of people that day.

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online and was flown out to the hiring event with the free amenities other people have been mentioning. I had two interviews with the hiring managers on site; as people have mentioned the questions asked were very behavioral and mostly non-technical.

I ended up receiving an offer a week/week and a half later. The offer was lower than my other job offers, but I had a good feeling at the interview, and thought the work this company does is pretty neat so I ended up accepting the offer.

No negotiation

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was invited to attend an event where I would be interviewed by several hiring managers for several different positions in a single day. There was no specific job or department represented; there where even several subsidiaries represented. It was a pleasant enough experience, but honestly fairly awkward as many interviewers were unaware that the those they were interviewing had not specifically applied for their group/division. It seemed to many of us that the company had attempted to do some sort of matching program without telling anyone ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Many managers asked why I wanted to work in their group, but for the most part I was unclear what the job they were filling was, or had even heard of the subsidiary until that meeting. This made it difficult to know how to answer - the opportunity to work with the company was clearly interesting, but there was no background on the sort of roles they were looking to fill.   Answer Question

Proposal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

I was invited to a hiring event at the Marietta, GA facility. I think there were two waves of interviewees. I was a part of the morning group of about 20 interviewees from 8 - 12:30, and there were more afterwards until 4:30. There was a presentation of an overview of the company, breakfast, facility tour, interviews, and lunch. I interviewed with 3 men, 2 finance managers plus their Sr. finance manager in a small room around a table. They had a list of questions they were reading from and writing all of my answers down.

It has only been a few days since I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Which is more important creativity or efficiency? Why?
      Which is more important details or the big picture? Why?
      Tell us about a time you solved a problem.
      What do you know about Lockheed Martin?
      Why do you want to work for Lockheed Martin?
      How well do you work in teams?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult person.
      Explain how you used Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
      Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.

Answer Question