Lockheed Martin

Updated 21 Jan, 2015
Updated 21 Jan, 2015

2.6

Junior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2014.

Phone interview then in person interview. Phone interview was mostly basic questions. In person interview was scheduled quickly. In person interview was as expected and interview question was not overly difficult. I was able to solve the question with some discussion from interviewers. Received no communication from Lockheed Martin after in person interview.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2009.

Interview process was normal. Did a conference call with a local manager and a remote manager. It was very much a management interview. Almost no technical questions at all. Once the interview was over, the next step was the reference check. They are really hard core in their reference checks. I needed to provide 3 personal and 3 business references. Trying to get 3 business references without letting your current employer know is not easy!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if a project is running late and you will not meet all of the customers requirements?   View Answer

I received a better counter-offer from my current employer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2008.

They asked me to come in for an interview. I met with three people, one from management, one developper and one team lead. They told me about the comapny, asked what I knew. Then we went into the skills testing from UML to code with some tricky questions. Then I was explained the lifestyle and how things would be.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all. They refused to negotiate

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Phone interview that did not last too long. They just seemed to be checking off boxes but were very nice. They provided good feedback. Just search basic interview questions, because that is what they were asking. They also asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were encountered with a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Got offer within two weeks. Hiring process was smooth. Although the amount of information to provide on the online application can get lengthy and repetitive. I had two different interviews both were very similar questions wise. The interviewer made it a friendly and open conversation, so I was able to open up which eventually helped in me getting offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you were handed down too many projects at once?   View Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

The hiring process was formal and fair. First, find the job you like on their website. Apply for the job you like and submit your resume. Then, if you are lucky, you will be selected for interview. At that point, you will complete a formal application. The company might perform a background check on you before granting an interview. Interview. Get hired. Go to work.

Straight forward

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I interviewed first with the person I was replacing. Then, I interviewed with the hiring manager, then the customer. Got a contingent offer after interviewing with the hiring manager, and a full offer after customer approval.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the customer's systems engineering process, and why?   Answer Question
    Generally Lockheed Martin does not negotiate much - very much a take it or leave it offer. Anything more requires a lot more time, and approvals up the HR chain.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

My job interview was over the phone, and was a pleasant experience. The interviewers were completely transparent and the job was exactly as described throughout my entire assignment. No surprises.

Interview Questions
    They appeared to be more interested in what they could do for me, than what I could do for them.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

You really must know someone that already works there to even get your foot in the door. I had applied several times, for many positions, but it wasn't until a friend took my resume to HR that they even looked at me.
    The interview process is extremely detailed and slow, but worth it if they hire you.
    I went through two individual interviews - with the hiring manager and then the HR manager. Then I went through a group interview with the department I would be working for. The whole process took over a month.
    Because it is a government contractor, you must pass a pretty extensive background check - including credit check. They also want you to gain a security clearance, which involves a rather extensive amount of paperwork and an interview with a government official.

Interview Questions
    • Because of the nature of their business, you will get asked about your feelings on the military - support or not - and how you feel about war.   View Answer
    My level did not require a negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k