Lockheed Martin Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2008.

They asked me to come in for an interview. I met with three people, one from management, one developper and one team lead. They told me about the comapny, asked what I knew. Then we went into the skills testing from UML to code with some tricky questions. Then I was explained the lifestyle and how things would be.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all. They refused to negotiate

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2009.

Interview process was normal. Did a conference call with a local manager and a remote manager. It was very much a management interview. Almost no technical questions at all. Once the interview was over, the next step was the reference check. They are really hard core in their reference checks. I needed to provide 3 personal and 3 business references. Trying to get 3 business references without letting your current employer know is not easy!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if a project is running late and you will not meet all of the customers requirements?   View Answer

I received a better counter-offer from my current employer.

Subcontract Management Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2011.

The process for me was quick. They needed somebody with cost-reimbursement defense-related subcontract management experience with good references. The interview consisted of a 3 managers asking questions randomly. The questions were not scripted so there seemed to be no process. However, the questions were consistently difficult and took thought to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult procurement problem you've faced. What was the problem. Who were the participants? What made the outcome critical? What did you do to fix the problem? Was it important for you to make sure that both parties felt like winners or at least that they felt satisfied with the outcome? Why?   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Had 2 interviews with the program manager (phone and in person) and 1 interview with the Client (Fed Govt) during the late Aug early Sept timeframe in 2006. Never heard a word back until the last week of Oct. I had forgotten about the job and interviews by then and had figured they weren't interested. I accepted the offer and started working Oct 30.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2010.

The initial interview process was multi layered. At first, I was called by a recruiter, who pre screened me. The next step, was another pre-screening with the hiring manager. I was then called in for an interview with the hiring manager and then his manager. This was for a level 2 position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected scenario during the interview was trying to explain to my possible future boss, the techniques and technicality of my (then) current job. I believe he wanted to understand how well I knew my current job.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a sign on bonus, rather than an increase in pay.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview was one on one with the hiring manager at the time. Today, you will see two or more interviewers. I was referred by another employee. You will be interviewed by an HR rep and one or more managers.

Interview Questions
    I gave them my number and they came back higher.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2014.

Initially they will conduct a telephonic round, after that have a skype call and if required in-person interview will be scheduled. Starts from basic questions and then will drill you down deeper.
    initially they asked me about asp.net then asp.net mvc and sql server.

Customer Trainer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2014.

It took a couple of days via email to set up the initial phone interview. After coordinating an interview schedule with one of the LM recruiters, an interview date was set. The interview lasted just over an hour and I was interviewed by a panel of three people, which consisted of an administrator and two technical engineers. Overall, the interview was pleasant. Reading the interviewers over the phone was a bit challenging, but they seemed very professional and friendly. I anticipate the work environment as a curriculum-based environment designed to develop courses of instruction to support job related technologies. We talked about an anticipated salary range, but no "official" offer was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult technical, scenario-driven, or behavioral questions. Just questions related to my experiences, tours of duty, and instructor skills.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2010.

Worked for them before, so already had history and knowledge of processes. Knowledge of project along with experience with hiring personnel. This was the third time at being hired by Lockheed.

Was offered more than asking.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!