Lockheed Martin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2008.

Interview Details They asked me to come in for an interview. I met with three people, one from management, one developper and one team lead. They told me about the comapny, asked what I knew. Then we went into the skills testing from UML to code with some tricky questions. Then I was explained the lifestyle and how things would be.

Interview Question – Code Questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. They refused to negotiate

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Halifax, NS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2009.

Interview Details Interview process was normal. Did a conference call with a local manager and a remote manager. It was very much a management interview. Almost no technical questions at all. Once the interview was over, the next step was the reference check. They are really hard core in their reference checks. I needed to provide 3 personal and 3 business references. Trying to get 3 business references without letting your current employer know is not easy!

Interview Question – What do you do if a project is running late and you will not meet all of the customers requirements?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received a better counter-offer from my current employer.

Technical Trainer Interview

Technical Trainer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details I first learned of the position for which I have been hired in early May. I applied for it immediately but did not hear anything back for about a month (early June). This is when a recruiter emailed me and asked me to briefly answer about 10 questions (i.e. Why am I interested in this position?, Why am I leaving my current position?, What related experience do you have?, What salary do you expect?, etc.) A couple days later that same recruiter emailed me that the hiring manager wanted me to come in for an interview. They called a few days later and scheduled the interview for mid-June. The interview consisted of 4 employees and it took about 45 minutes. They asked me some open-ended questions that required quite a bit of explanation about related experiences. They also described the position I would be doing if hired. I felt that the interview went well but I didn't hear anything from them until 11 business days later. This is when they told me they would let me know what their decision would be in another 7-10 business days. I didn't hear from them until mid-July which was almost a month since the interview. HR had emailed me that they were starting the hiring process and that I needed to fill out a "Conflict of Interest" form since I have two family members who work with Lockheed. Three business days later, I received another email from HR that I had received an employment offer. I made a counter offer that same day and heard back from them the next day that they accepted it. HR encouraged me to not resign from my current job yet because they still had to go through security screening (drug testing, background check, credit check, employment verification, salary verification, and education verification) and that it should take 7-10 business days to complete. Near the end of July, I was told that all security screening had been complete, "welcome aboard", and told me that my first date on the job would be in early August.

Interview Question – What experience do you have in curriculum development?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer. Then, I negotiated a slightly higher salary than the one I initially said I expected because I had thought of some new expenses I would incur in accepting this position. I created an Excel spreadsheet that detailed my current base salary and future expenses with this new job. They got back to me about 24 hours later and said they accepted my counter offer.

Very Easy Interview

Communications Engineer Interview

Communications Engineer
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview Details 3 phone calls with people who didn't understand what was required, and were happy you did. The site manager was a PC Technician and was not familiar with the Network and Telecommunications responsibilities. His lack of knowledge made it very difficult to place any value as to what was expected from the position.

Interview Question – Can you help us   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated through a head-hunter, had to remind Lockheed Martin of everything they agreed to numerous times. Had to almost quit to get what they promised. Their reasons for not following up were they have a very busy schedule and you should be patient even when it has been 4-6 months past their agreed upon time for pay increases.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Software Engineer Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Question – How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Manufacturing Engineer Senior Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Senior
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview process contained a phone call interview that lasted about 30 minutes and then they flew me out for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. I first met with HR and went through the benefits and work schedule etc. Then I had a panel interview with many of the managers and peers with the departments I would be working for. There were a lot of open ended questions of what type of personalities I find hard to work with along with the normal "How are you motivated" type questions. Everyone was very professional and at the end of the interview they gave me ample time to ask questions back to them about the position. I was also given a tour of the facility when everything was completed.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. More personality questions rather than technical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined their first offer and focused on what I thought I should be at in respects to salary. I knew they would not give me everything I wanted, but they raised the initial offer very easy without any real concern. I would always counter their first offer as they expect to negotiate.

Systems Engineering Associate Interview

Systems Engineering Associate
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details First it was a really basic phone screening. Then a two days interview at the facilities at Orlando, FL. The first day it was directly from the airport to LM facilities (so be ready with your nice attire) for a presentation about the program and about the company to all students (a group of about 35), then to the hotel, and then a diner with the hiring managers (3 managers and 3 students per table). Second day an icebreaker (teams of 4 students to solve a challenge), then a facility tour, then presentations from integrands of the program, and finally a panel interview. The interview was a regular panel interview with 4 managers/HR, one made a question, then the other manager made a question, then the other, and again in a circle of questions. It was a bit disappointing on the way the questions was delivered, they was just reading the question, I was expecting a conversation like interview, not a question/answer robotic way. After all we had a regular group diner and then they let us free to “have fun” on the area. Next morning to the airport.

Interview Question – All was behavioral question: Tell me about a time when you…   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

Interview Details First a phone screening interview. General questions about your background, experience, very basic technical questions about your resume etc. If looks like a good match, then on-site interview. This is more in-depth and technical. Some will ask you circuit questions, others some behavioral/personality questions. Third phone interview for asking your interests etc.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. If you know your basics, you should do fine.   Answer Question

Technology Innovations Interview

Technology Innovations

Interviewed at Lockheed Martin

Interview Details Lockheed Martin has a robust hiring process and looks for top candidates. I was flown into Washington DC at their Global Vision Center for a company overview and the interview process. This was for a special program with a more scientific and technical innovation component so I'm not sure if that is their standard process. Still, good company and structure process.

Interview Question – Questions were both technical and behavioral. Having to do a sales pitch for an idea was a bit unconventional. I didn't feel like any questions were really unexpected.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details After the first phone screening with the team lead, I was asked to come in for interview. At the interview with the team lead, manager and 2 other technical staff, I was asked some technical which I was able to answer without difficulty. They Interviewers were nice and professional. Overall, the interview was easy

Negotiation Details – I refused the first offer, and they increased it by 5%. I accepted the second offer as I realized they were not going to go higher

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!